The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pagan/Wiccan furries?  (Read 3569 times)

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
Re: Pagan/Wiccan furries?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2016, 07:54:51 PM »
I'm hesitantly starting my year and a day self study thing. This month I'm mostly looking around at history and mythology. In middle school literature class I remember really enjoying the segment on historical pantheons/myths, especially Celtic, Germanic and Norse ones. Also I need to get out of my room and be outside more. I've also been considering bringing a little nature inside by planting some herbs or flowers.

I still feel I consider myself an "agnostic pagan" since I'm in a stage of not being completely sure/learning what I can. I'm pretty non-social and independent so it would be a little difficult to find others to talk to. I live in a big city that even has a pagan pride day so I'm sure there's plenty out there though. But maybe when I return to college in a few weeks I can keep an eye out for others? I've also been acquiring many different books and other resources to read, and find different perspectives on the matter in the meantime.

I also recently got a pentacle charm and have been planning on making it into a nice necklace, but I'm wondering if it'd be a little unsuitable for me to wear it since I'm not yet 100% sure of my beliefs :p

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Augmented Fox
  • Coloring: Red fox pattern, neon green hair, Augmented arms, augmented eyes
  • Height: A little taller than usual
  • Build: Medium
  • Currently: Lurking
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »
Pentacles are a great catch-all in the pagan world. Pretty much every practitioner uses them, from Pagans to Satanists, From High to Low magic. Wearing one really doesn't say "I'm Pagan Specifically!" as much as "I'm a practitioner."

I wouldn't worry about it. Hell, it may even help you find other pagans to talk to :3. No one is going to come up to you and say "You aren't pagan enough!". If they do, they are very close minded on what Paganism is.

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 08:13:28 PM »
Pentacles are a great catch-all in the pagan world. Pretty much every practitioner uses them, from Pagans to Satanists, From High to Low magic. Wearing one really doesn't say "I'm Pagan Specifically!" as much as "I'm a practitioner."

I wouldn't worry about it. Hell, it may even help you find other pagans to talk to :3. No one is going to come up to you and say "You aren't pagan enough!". If they do, they are very close minded on what Paganism is.

Yeah, I figure I'm just being a little silly about it ^^ To be honest, I figure it's more likely that people will comment questioningly and/or negatively about it since I live in a state with a good number of Christians(i.e. Texas). But I don't care too much about that. People wear crosses all the time and believe what they choose so I can do the same as well.

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 08:15:44 PM »
Ooch, yeah I've heard nasty things about Texas. But if your local has a Pagan Pride day? I'd not worry about it too much. Still, just for saftey sake, I would wear it under clothes unless you know you are in positive environment ^^

There are still jerks out there :\

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2016, 08:43:36 PM »
Ooch, yeah I've heard nasty things about Texas. But if your local has a Pagan Pride day? I'd not worry about it too much. Still, just for saftey sake, I would wear it under clothes unless you know you are in positive environment ^^

There are still jerks out there :\

I live in a pretty big city, and the college I attend is a little more liberal/diverse so it could be worse. I know there will always be rude people wherever I go, and if they take offense to it that's their problem, not mine. Even so the design for the necklace I'm making will make the small pentacle less obvious so many people might not even notice at all ^^

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2016, 09:03:35 PM »
Sounds awesome :3 keep it up.

Offline drakewithout

• that first forum cartoonist
  • Eager Elephant
  • finally settled on deer i think
    • weirdragons
    • Awards
  • Species: deer
  • Coloring: tan, white
  • Height: 145 cm
  • Weight: 45 kilos
  • Build: light, curvy, acts smaller than she is
  • Currently: feeling lonely
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 02:43:42 PM »
i'm not pagan/wiccan, but i have some questions about the practice, where should i go to learn more, what are the best resources for information on that sort of thing?
Im the flufflysub.

weridragons https://weirdragons.wordpress.com/

Offline Tempest (Red Panda)

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Normal red panda coloring, red eyes with gold flecks
  • Height: 3'6"
  • Weight: 30 lbs
  • Build: Has a very curvy, voluptuous body with soft fur
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »
As I understand Amethysts' reason for worrying about wearing her necklace out in the open, it's really not a big deal ^~^ if some holy-water-throwing Christian comes up to you for wearing jewelry of your choosing and start lecturing you or something, that's considered harassment. All you would have to say to that person is "You need to understand and respect that some people have different views than you. It's my constitutional right to wear what I want and worship who and what I want and I'll kindly ask you to leave me alone."

And Drakewithout, I would say go to your nearest Barnes and Noble (if there is one nearby) and ask for direction to the Pagan section. Or you can look up the book "truths and myths about modern paganism", that should give you all the information you need.
In case you don't know what red pandas are like, watch this video :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwiPJkm1WE

Offline Rho'Syn Ilwynog

• Foxy Fox
  • Being my 1337 self
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 04:42:52 PM »
In my town, it's not the "Pagan" section, but rather the spirituality section, just incase your B&N is the same ^^.

Offline Tempest (Red Panda)

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Red panda
  • Coloring: Normal red panda coloring, red eyes with gold flecks
  • Height: 3'6"
  • Weight: 30 lbs
  • Build: Has a very curvy, voluptuous body with soft fur
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 05:08:28 PM »
Here it's under "Mystical and supernatural philosophies" -.-
In case you don't know what red pandas are like, watch this video :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwiPJkm1WE

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 07:36:07 PM »
I don't usually shop at B&N cause I'm a cheapo XD I have Half Price Books here in TX and they usually have a metaphysics section with a Wicca/pagan shelf. I mostly tend to shop online for books, especially since there's a site I know where I can get books on pagan/wicca topics for as low as $4. They don't have a lot of recent titles though and you often have to wait for new copies to come in stock.

And of course if you live in a place with a decent library system you could check that out as well I guess.

Offline Quantum

• Avid Aardvark
  • rip me
  • Species: Cat (Anthro)
  • Coloring: Yellow/Orange
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: Back after inactivity for 2 months
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2016, 08:33:19 AM »
Heh. I dont know about you guys, but im 100% atheist.

I grew up in a christian family, and was christian for a while. However, after I started discovering more science, I realized that christianity wasn't the most elegant theory for me at least. Science could explain everything. Why are we here? What was the creation of the universe like? It at least had more evidence surrounding it and relating to real life than what most religious beliefs are based upon. But the question, "Is there a god?" Was the most interesting and by far the most controversial question of the ages. There is basically no evidence for both sides of the argument. Saying this, I should be agnostic right? Nope. I chose to be atheist due to my own dogmatic beliefs. I responded to this thread since I feel that the topic of religion is a sensitive, yet very intresting concept. I do not intend to offend anyone here, all that is said above is merely my view upon things, but I also do not need anyone judging me for what I think.
umm k

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2016, 01:09:59 PM »
Despite having a skeptical belief in the paranormal, I'm also atheist.

By the way, there is (or was?) an atheist thread, but I can't find it now for some reason.

Offline Quantum

• Avid Aardvark
  • rip me
  • Species: Cat (Anthro)
  • Coloring: Yellow/Orange
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: Back after inactivity for 2 months
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2016, 03:55:18 PM »
Despite having a skeptical belief in the paranormal, I'm also atheist.

By the way, there is (or was?) an atheist thread, but I can't find it now for some reason.
They should add a thread search bar :P
umm k

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »
Heh. I dont know about you guys, but im 100% atheist.

I grew up in a christian family, and was christian for a while. However, after I started discovering more science, I realized that christianity wasn't the most elegant theory for me at least. Science could explain everything. Why are we here? What was the creation of the universe like? It at least had more evidence surrounding it and relating to real life than what most religious beliefs are based upon. But the question, "Is there a god?" Was the most interesting and by far the most controversial question of the ages. There is basically no evidence for both sides of the argument. Saying this, I should be agnostic right? Nope. I chose to be atheist due to my own dogmatic beliefs. I responded to this thread since I feel that the topic of religion is a sensitive, yet very intresting concept. I do not intend to offend anyone here, all that is said above is merely my view upon things, but I also do not need anyone judging me for what I think.

I guess I started out similarly, though branched into agnostism instead, and lately of course paganism. I personally don't like judging people unless they judge first so don't worry ^^ For me atheism feels a little too...empty I guess? Sometimes I wonder if I'm drawn to these spiritualties because I prefer the aesthetic more, or something else entirely. I don't doubt science since it's incredibly important and you know, cool. But I don't think it's 100% impossible that there might be something else that can exist in tandem with it.

But hey, I'm no expert on anything, I'm just trying to learn and think about things XP