The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Into the White  (Read 6406 times)

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • H. P. Lovecraft is my hero. Worship him.
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black, fur has a slight pearlescent sheen
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 170lbs
  • Build: average
Re: Into the White
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 10:41:57 PM »
"You know... dreams. Sunny skies, warm weather. Not like, warmer, but...Warm. Greenery and stuff." He averted his eyes, knowing full well how strange that kind of thought was.
Wishmaster: Djinn: You wish to know what I am? To you, I am this: The cry of the abandoned child. The whimper of the whipped beast. I am the face that stares back at you from the shadows of your mirror. The hollowness at the heart of all your hopes, Alexandra. I AM DESPAIR.

Offline Snowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • Now you see me...
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctix Fox
  • Coloring: Light blue, almost white
  • Height: Four and a half feet
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: Lean, compact.
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 12:01:47 AM »
The gentle badger led her young charge over to the group gathered in the snow.

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help overhearing someone mention dreams. My little one here has been having odd dreams of late, mayhaps one of you could help him? I have experienced nothing, so I don't know how."

The little bear cub stood next to Grace with one finger in his mouth, looking to the others curiously.
If I seem ignorant of anything, it is most likely because I am. I am new to the furry world, so as of yet I don't know much. Please have patience.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 02:52:01 AM »
She nodded at him, knowing he was thinking that that thought was strange. "That makes sense really. That's where everyone will be going. A place like that. It really does exist." She turned to the badger as she approached them and smiled sweetly. "Oh yes. We were talking about some dreams. We could probably help your young one here." She looked at Masko for a second then diverted her attention to the little bear cub, crouching down in front of him. "What have you been dreaming about, little one?" She smiled at him nicely, trying to make sure that he wasn't afraid of her.

((Nyx, just so you know, I'm an arctic wolf not an arctic fox.))
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:46:23 AM by VeeSmith »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Kid Jojo™

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • .....I miss You.....
    • ....homepage..
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Wolf/Blue Panda/Dragon
  • Coloring: Blue/ Light Blue /Black /White
  • Height: 4'8"
  • Weight: 72lb.
  • Build: normal kiddie build
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 04:41:58 AM »
name:RyuMoto
species:white wolf
type:wild one
appearence:(------>http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee206/Zammie_04/kattar.jpg ))
========================================================================================================

running in the soft,white frost that seemed like cotton to ryu made him feel relaxed,feeling the cool wind blow against his soft,white cheeks and the air cupping out from his ears, "what is there to do.....hmmmm...." he said to himself,sitting on all fours,examining the beauty of the pink and purple sky, "it's gotten pretty cold lately...." he gets up and trots over to a group of other wolves, "hello,fellow wolves....." he said, looking around at the group and examining their physical features
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:45:41 AM by Kid Tribane »

Offline Snowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • Now you see me...
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 10:05:11 AM »
OOC: I wish we had more furres. This is supposed to be about their survival. And Wild Ones tend to be rather antisocial, but I suppose I should have specified that. My fault.

Pipha looked into Airlea's face nervously. "Well...it's warm...and there's lots of sunlight. I'm in a field...but there's no snow, just lots and lots of green stuff. I don't know what it is, but it was pretty. And past that was more green trees, but they were thiiis tall!" Pipha brought his hand up as high as he could, and ended up standing on tip toes before losing his balance and falling on his rump in the snow. From his position, he looked up at Airlea and smiled cutely. "Kind of like that, but taller. And there was something else too. It was snowing, but it was really wierd snow..." Pipha's eyes shone with excitement as he almost shouted "It was liquid snow!"

OOC (again): sorry for all the ooc's, and for not specifying these things before. The only plant life in the arctic is the variety they use for food and grow in the caves. Things like "grass" and "trees" are not among them. And it's too cold to rain in the arctic, so all they ever get is snow. They have no words for these things anymore, only memories.
If I seem ignorant of anything, it is most likely because I am. I am new to the furry world, so as of yet I don't know much. Please have patience.

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »
OCC: The way I see it... No one wants the challenge of a weaker character. :snicker:

Masko seemed absolutely leveled, and rocked back as if he himself was going to fall, but he righted himself. He was unable to do more then stammer out wide eyed, "T-the same thing. We're dreaming... the s-same thing!"
Wishmaster: Djinn: You wish to know what I am? To you, I am this: The cry of the abandoned child. The whimper of the whipped beast. I am the face that stares back at you from the shadows of your mirror. The hollowness at the heart of all your hopes, Alexandra. I AM DESPAIR.

Offline Snowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • Now you see me...
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 11:05:14 AM »
Grace looked to Masko in astonishment. "You mean...the same dream?" She began to look around at the various faces around her. "All of you...you've all had it?"

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 01:31:38 PM »
(OOC: Usually my characters tend to be anti-social. That's why I chose Wild One... And that's why she hasn't talked to anyone yet. It has nothing to do with a weaker character. I can make another character as a furre if you wish. I was thinking about it anyway. And, Vee, my bad.)

Name: Atticus
Species: Panther
Type: Furre
Appearance: Peariced ears, mohawk, along with thick layers of clothing that are somewhat punkish.

Atticus had been wandering the streets when he saw a group of furs gathered. He over heard their conversation about dreams. How everyone in the group had the same dreams of strange greenery and sunny skies with warm weather. He twitched his nose to relieve what little snow that had collected on whiskers and stepped into the conversation, uninvited, "My sister had dreams totally opposite of what you furres have been having. She dreamed of death. Death and extinction among all of us furres. She had me worried for sometime... But then one day she just disappeared. That was over a year ago... We haven't seen her since. We figure she'd gone into the white."

xxxxxxxxxx

Aphra sat in the distance, trying her best to hide in the snow. She was shocked to see that her brother joined the group in speaking. It had to be her brother.... Their words were very audible, but she heard the conversation of dreams, closing her eyes and trying to shake bad memories of the nightmares she had when she used to live in the Rim. Uneasily, she crept closer, trying to keep the right amount of distance between the group and herself.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2007, 05:46:03 PM »
Aurora noticed tracks in the snow and followed them, halting when she heard voices. She howled bitingly and looked around for the source. She could feel slight vibrations in the ground and she thought maybe it was something or someone bigger and stronger than she. Her ribs shown through her skin, she hadn't had a bite in several weeks.

{OOC:Nyx, im a black wolf so if you see one, yea, so far it seems I'm the only black wolf yet.}
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »
OCC: Nyx, I wasn't talking about you specifically, more the group as a whole. and just so everyone remembers, I'm a black fox, since so many people are sending reminders, I figure I might as well.

He shook his head, "Well, I d-don't know about everyone, but I know me and the k-k-kid are having the same dream." When Atticus spoke up, he said, "We're not guh-going to die out. We may have t-t-trouble now and then, but, we c-can't let that happen."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 06:55:55 PM »
She moved closer to them(marquis &company) and howled again, watching them cautously. She wondered if they were wild or not. She was desperate for food, she didn't care where it came from- she just needed food.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 06:59:09 PM »
Masko Flinched when he heard that piercing howl. As a fox, it wasn't much of a welcome sound to his ears. "I uhm...Th-th-think we have another v-visitor.."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 07:00:37 PM »
She watched one of them flinch and she lowered the tone of her howl, lowering the volume as well. She howled again but softly this time. "FOOOOOODDD!!"
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Snowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • Now you see me...
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 09:11:06 PM »
In the span of an instant, what was once just a patch of snow behind the black wolf was suddenly a fox, white as the snow surrounding him. Before anyone could react, he had one long, sharp claw held firmly against the black wolf's throat.

"I'm not one to interrupt, but if you're out to hunt some Furre, perhaps you should learn a little stealth. It does not do to announce your arrival to the world..."

Before the wolf could react violently, Snowpaw had retracted the claw and stepped away. "I'm not going to stop you, how you hunt is your own business, but I would advise against it. There are some in that little...group...who are more than capable of defending themselves against one such as yourself..."

Even so, Snowpaw's own eyes flicked in the general direction of the very small Furre. It would make good prey out in the wild, but he had long ago determined not to hunt in the Rim. It was not his territory. Why he had decided to circle back and watch the group, he still did not know.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »
She couldn't help but grin at the little bear cub. He was a cutie. She nodded along with what he said. "Well, little one, what you dream of actually does exsist. That's a place that we will need to travel to in due time. Everyone in the Arctic will have to." She patted him on the head and stood up when Atticus arrived, listening intently. When Masko responded, she smiled. He was so full of hope and determination. That was good. It would help him on the journey. She turned her head towards the newcomer, even before Masko had realized that they were there. Her eyes widened some. She watched the Wild One that had talked to her earlier speak to the other. He was scolding the other on how she had approached but was letting her continue if she wanted. "She wants food. You all need to..." She spoke in a slightly fearful tone, not for herself but for the others. She turned to the others and said the next word with force but not loudly. "Run." She turned her head to look back at the new Wild One then sharply turned it back to the group, talking in a commanding and urgent tone. "Everyone go! Pick him up-" She pointed down at Pipha. "-And run for safety now!"

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown