The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Into the White  (Read 6402 times)

Offline Snowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Now you see me...
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctix Fox
  • Coloring: Light blue, almost white
  • Height: Four and a half feet
  • Weight: 120 pounds
  • Build: Lean, compact.
Re: Into the White
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 11:27:09 PM »
"Oh, little things. Details, mostly. Maybe it's how you carry yourself...alert and ready should action be required on a moment's notice. Or perhaps it's the natural camouflage that you, like me, possess. Or maybe..." With this he cast a disparaging look at the furre "...it's because you're not shivering like a hairless newborn pup..."

(OOC: No offense, just acting out my character. :peace:)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 11:46:21 PM by Snowpaw »
If I seem ignorant of anything, it is most likely because I am. I am new to the furry world, so as of yet I don't know much. Please have patience.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 12:30:31 AM »
"Ah, I see. That seems about right." She had to stop herself from letting out a slight chuckle, the last part sounding funny in her opinion. "But there's no need to scare my friend here." She allowed herself to chuckle this time.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
  • H. P. Lovecraft is my hero. Worship him.
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black, fur has a slight pearlescent sheen
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 170lbs
  • Build: average
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 06:41:29 AM »
He suddenly got a serious face, saying defensively, "I-i'm not scared. Just c-cautious. And we both know there's reason." he narrowed his eyes, but he didn't budge from behind her an inch.
Wishmaster: Djinn: You wish to know what I am? To you, I am this: The cry of the abandoned child. The whimper of the whipped beast. I am the face that stares back at you from the shadows of your mirror. The hollowness at the heart of all your hopes, Alexandra. I AM DESPAIR.

Offline Snowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • Now you see me...
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 11:04:38 AM »
"Hmph, can't disagree with that." Snow paw dismissed the furre from his mind and directed his full attention to Airlea. "Don't get me wrong, furres are nice enough to be around when I'm feeling...sociable..." Snowpaw interrupted himself to chuckle under his breath, as if at an inside joke. "...but I wouldn't get too close to any of them, were I you. You know what's going on. You know what will become of their kind if it doesn't change. Best not to become too...attached..."

Snowpaw turned and began to follow the road into the village proper. "Seeing as I'm here, I might as well hang around a little while. I'll be in the main cavern if you wish to chit chat. See you around..."

Within a few steps Snowpaw's frame vanished into the snowy ground that marked the road, the gentle swaying of his body as he walked being the only indication that he was even there at all.
If I seem ignorant of anything, it is most likely because I am. I am new to the furry world, so as of yet I don't know much. Please have patience.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 02:47:31 PM »
Name: Aurora SAphir Artemas Fallen {sorry for the long name but she DOES use several of her surnames..just for reference when it gets confusing later}
Species: Artic {black} wolf
Type: Wild One

Aurora ran on all fours through the snow, reveling in the feel of it beneath her paws. Her nose picked up the scent of rabbit and she chased it, enjoying her game. Then a whistle from beside her made her whip her head around. It was just her hearing thngs again. She caught the rabbit, and eating it, howled mourfully. She wished there were more Wild One around. She stood on her back legs and looked around, her peircing blue eyes full of icy, raw, guarded emotion.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »
She just nodded at what he said and watched him walk away. So far she hadn't become attached to any of the Furres. She knew what was coming and she knew that many of them probably would die when that time came. She then turned to face Masko. "I'm sorry about that." She made a nod in the direction of the Wild One. "Are you alright?" She made a slightly concerned face. She didn't want him to be scared or nervous, especially not around her. She wanted to be trusted.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Snowpaw

• Vibrating Furby
  • Now you see me...
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 08:05:53 PM »
Decided this story needs a few more Furres

Name: Grace
Species: Badger
Appearance: Tall, somewhat round. Not very muscular.
Type: Furre

Name: Pipha
Species: Bear cub
Appearance: Short, somewhat muscular
Type: Furre

Amidst the light snowfall, a pair of Furres walked close together towards the outskirts of the community. One was a motherly looking badger in thick brown robes, the other a small brown bear cub who clung to her skirts. As they passed Snowpaw, the badger put her arm around Pipha, and he buried his face.

"It's cold, mama."
"I know, baby, I know."

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 08:12:40 PM »
(ironic, I was going to create a second one tomorrow if no one decided to step up and try.)

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." He smiled genuinely, a bright smile full of kindness. "Pu-Please forgive the st-st-stammer. I know it's annoying, it's n-not even b-because I'm cold, I've always had it. G-getting better though!"
Wishmaster: Djinn: You wish to know what I am? To you, I am this: The cry of the abandoned child. The whimper of the whipped beast. I am the face that stares back at you from the shadows of your mirror. The hollowness at the heart of all your hopes, Alexandra. I AM DESPAIR.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 08:31:47 PM »
She smiled, relieved. "Ok, that's good. Don't worry about the stammer. It doesn't bother me at all. I've grown accustomed to many things in my life." She chuckled. What she said was true. She had had to get used to many things in the course of her life: the cold, other beings, behaviors, etc. The stammer wasn't a new thing to her, she had known another who was that way. A Wild One. But they had been killed by others because the others just thought they were weak because of the stammer. It was horrible. Luckily, Masko wasn't a Wild One and it wouldn't get him killed. He didn't know how lucky he was though or how unlucky was going to be. She looked down at her feet.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 08:43:17 PM »
Name: Aphra
Species: Panther
Appearance: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/molinamaniac/imvu%20stuff/cutecat.png
With a pair of goggles like this: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/EvilisCute/SkullPurple.png around her neck.
Type: Wild One

Once a furre, Aphra had ventured out on her own and adjusted to the cold... It wasn't easy being a panther used to tropical temperatures, but she wanted to survive after she'd realized that staying with the other furres would result in death. Carefully and silently she padded on the outskirts of the Rim. Unusually, the weather was calm and the snow glistened like shards of glass making Aphra feel at ease and peace. Yet she couldn't help but wonder how the others that she'd left behind at the Rim were. She'd never told them of the hate she'd felt for the place... She left without letting anyone know. The winds picked up, and she could sense by their fierceness that a White would soon form. Knowing of its dangers, she slipped her goggles from around her neck onto her face so that she would be able to see... Then dropped on all fours, running while simutaneously releasing a troubled, high pitched cry to allow any wild ones in the area (if any) that a White would soon be about.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:57:03 PM by Nyx »

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 08:50:55 PM »
He arched a brow, "I may not be adept at surviving on my own, but I'm not stupid. What are you hiding? You seem sad... Bad memories?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 09:33:23 PM »
She looked up at him, chuckling a bit because of the first part of what he said. "Yeah, bad memories..." Her look seemed like she was far away in thought, but she shook her head to clear it. "Just...a friend of mine...out there..." She nodded in a direction away from the Rim. "Was killed by our own kind. The Wild Ones. They thought that he was weak because he had a stammer, like you." She looked away from his eyes for a second then back at them. "And...he was killed for it." She took a deep breath to calm herself. "A bad memory. A horrible thing to happen to an innocent friend. And I fear more bad memories to come." She kept her eyes locked on his, her expression showing how serious she really was now. "It's getting colder. You may have noticed this, but maybe not. In a very short time, the Furres and Wild Ones will need to leave here. We need to get to somewhere warmer. Somewhere that we will be safe. The problem is, many will perish on the journey. Mostly Furres, I believe, because they're not used to the extreme colds outside the Rim. That's why that Wild One told me that it is best that I don't become attached to you or anyone else. But I don't think that will be possible for me. I can't not care about others." She looked off to the side.

Offline Marquis Lythis

• Foxy Fox
    • IMVU page
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 09:44:25 PM »
"I'm.. S-sorry for your loss." He reached out to her, and touched her shoulder gently in a silent addition. When she started talking of the Cold, he replied, "Really? To t-t-ell you the truth, I hadn't really n-noticed it getting colder, but...." He looked off for a second trying to decide if he dared say it. "But I've b-been feeling weird recently. Like I nneed to go somewhere. Do s-something. Restless, you know? Most others around here don't seem to understand what I'm t-talking about. There's t-that... and the dreams."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 09:52:47 PM »
She smiled at him for a second when he touched her shoulder. Then she gave him a questioning look. "The feeling I understand, I get that too. Of course, I had known why before I started getting that feeling. But dreams? What dreams?" She hadn't heard of anyone having dreams about this. She was intrigued by learning that he had.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 09:59:09 PM »
Aphra stopped after she felt the winds calm a little in comparison of what she had been in before. She closed her eyes and sighed as she realized that she had entered the Rim subconsciously. She hadn't been here in so long... two years at least. She wondered how much had changed. How many of her friends may have died from the cold. It felt a little warmer in the Rim. She'd adjusted to the cold outside... It actually felt a little awkward. She arched a brow at two furres that she saw in the distance talking. One was black and looked familiar. As if she'd known him from before she'd wandered on her own... Even so she felt no need to approach, for if she really did know him, she doubted he'd remember her. Last she had heard by the Rim, everyone she knew had said she'd gone into the white. The other was an arctic fox.