The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Memories in the Mist  (Read 7082 times)

Offline Aussie Wild Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Though the rains come... I still smile
    • Awards
  • Species: Kyuubi Stone
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6" 5
  • Weight: 189
  • Build: athletic, lithe
Memories in the Mist
« on: October 13, 2007, 06:55:48 PM »
o.k, so my first thread in a loooong time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post a char like this:

name:
species:
class:
weapons:
*skills:
element:
alignment:(light, dark or neutral)
religion: (Lunarian, Solvarian, or Heathen)
hometown:
appearance:
description:

*if you have a skill, don't go overboard like some do,
you can't be good at everything, but you can have minor skills

classes: grappler
             ninja
             warrior
             wizard
             pirate
             samurai
             blacksmith
             rogue

if you have class ideas, send me them, along wit ha short description
you can RP two characters, but use different color or something.

so for me:

name: Yokumi Ashura
species: Australian wild fox
class: blacksmith
weapons: giant hammer and twin bastard swords
skill(s): forging, swordplay, hunting
element: unknown
alignment: neutral
religion: Solvarian
hometown: Vale, on the eastern coast of Astaar.
appearance: 6"2, white hair,slightly messy, tight dark grey jeans, a light leather tunic, white and open.
sometimes wheres a wolf skin hooded cloak
description: a tall, slightly built boy of 19, can somehow lift, and use with great skill,
a giant hammer. a blacksmith of great renown, travels the world, looking for great materials and designs.

char 2

name: Mishakal
species: wolf
class: unknown
weapons: none(yet)
skills: unknown
element: unknown
alignment: unknown
religion: none
hometown: unknown
appearance: small, fragile looking girl, with honeysuckle-blond hair, wearing a tattered dress and a mystic pendant of unknown origins
description: a slight girl of 13, her past is shrouded in mystery, has amnesia, only remembers her name.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking through the forest, Yokumi sighed heavily, he had been looking for the village of Elderon for three days, and his supplies were running low. It was illegal to hunt in these parts, as most of the western coasters believed in the goddess Lunari, a religion based on the fact that all animals had souls,
and was therefore sacred. He sighed again, as he came to a small clearing. There was a small mound in the middle, and he almost passed it, but it stirred slightly. He put a hand on his hammer, and inched towards it.
"who are you! I warn you, I'm armed!" he approached the mound. Bending down, he slowly grabed the cloak covering it, and lifted it away.
He gasped, for under it, was a small unconscious girl, shivering in her dress. He lifted her slowly and put his cloak around her, carrying her to his camp, he set her down in a spot cleared of snow, and quickly went to work building a fire, he would need it, as the sun was coming down...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there you have it, my first thread in a while, enjoy!

by the way, when Mishakal wakes, her speech will be green
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:57:31 PM by Aussie Wild Fox »
Without light
there is no dark
light can not exist without dark
neutrality is the balance of all things...
it is the way of all...

Offline Nintai Tamashii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • Why yes, I did draw this crappy avatar ^__^
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 100lbs
  • Build: Tiny, thin and small chest
Re: Memories in the Mist
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 07:48:04 PM »
((hmm, I think I'll leave Tori out for now.))
name: Kuro Sakura
species: Black cat
class: Samurai
weapons: Odachi and two wakizashi's
skills: Healing, swordplay
element: Dark
alignment: Neutral
religion: None
hometown: None, drifter
appearance: 5"3, midnight black fur, short raven colored hair that slightly covers one eye, dark green eyes, tight black leather vest and shorts and a small tattoo for light on my left shoulder. ((Basically my avatar in my pic))
description: A slim well built female of the age of 18, she carries an odachi (long katana) on her back and two wakizashi's (short swords) on the belt on her waist. There is a mysterious ruby red pendant embeded in her chest that is the source of her shadow posseion powers and her life. Not much else is known about her.

Walking along the seemingly deserted forest paths was a female, appearing to be the age of 18. She looked towards the sky with great regret. 'I need to find some shelter....the clouds are dark and heavy looking....there's a storm on it's way...' She shifted the odachi on her back an took off in a sprint, she hoped to find some shelter before the rain came. Unfortunatly she could feel cold dropplets of water against her warm fur. As her ears twitched she was filled with a speck of hope. Turning towards the sound she approched a small camp site. 'Should I risk it...' she thought as she stood as small distance from the camp site.
"We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt, but how we survive is what makes us who we are." ~ Survive by Rise Against

Offline Aussie Wild Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 08:10:29 PM »
Having gotten the fire started, Yokumi sat back and sighed. He didn't know if the girl would make it. He brought her over to the fire and set his last two rabbits on a spit, slowly turning it.
"So, are you gonna join us, or stand in the cold all night, cause it's stating to rain!"
Without light
there is no dark
it is the way of all...

Offline Nintai Tamashii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:21:35 PM »
I mentally slapped myself for I let myself be seen. I gave a sigh and walked over. "I hope I won't be a burden to you." I said while sitting down. I stared at him for a bit then turned my attention to the fire. Un-realizing that the red gem on my chest gave off a small glow. "Thank you for allowing me to stay here...I'm Kuro,"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 08:47:43 PM by XBlackBlossomX »
"We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt, but how we survive is what makes us who we are." ~ Survive by Rise Against

Offline Aussie Wild Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 08:33:45 PM »
((i let it slide, but its winter, so i doubt it would actually be raining, plus, my chars older than yours, so I doubt you would call him boy,
but what ever, I don't really care))

""I'm Yokumi, but you can call me Kumi, I'm a blacksmith from Vale."
Continuing to turn the rabbits, he asked, "Do you know where Elderon is? I've been lost for five days!" He laughed hartily and stood up.
"I'm low on firewood, please watch that little girl while I get some more."
Without light
there is no dark
it is the way of all...

Offline Nintai Tamashii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 08:42:10 PM »
((yes, well I'm just like that if ur a male I'm probally going to call you a boy rather then anything else XP))

I nodded "Yes, I'll watch her, and Elderon...hmm that sounds familar, I may have been there for a resting place during my travels...I'm not sure but I think it would be north of here,"

Offline Aussie Wild Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »
"alright thanks!" Kumi called out behind him walking through the forset...

back at the camp, the girl started to stir... she opened her eyes slowly
"uh...what..? where am I?

she looked around, and saw a woman standing over her " who... are you?...
she sniffed and her nose caught the scent of rabbit, she got up slowly, and with some difficulty walked to the fire...
Without light
there is no dark
it is the way of all...

Offline Nintai Tamashii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 09:06:36 PM »
"I'm Kuro, take it easy though, you look like you've been through alot," I said helping her over.

Offline Fyroh Ilqe Gahn

• Noble Newt
  • I lie about nothing but my honesty
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey / Black
  • Height: 6' 3''
  • Weight: 78kg
  • Build: Muscular and tall
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 09:07:48 PM »
((Hmm, interesting. I'll join as a furry and a human, if you don't mind. And it does rain in winter, believe it or not...))
Name: Fyroh Ilqe Gahn
Species: Grey wolf
Class: Warrior
Weapons: Viking-style one handed sword, iron shield (3 points on top, rounds into a point at the bottom, the proper name escapes me...),  flail, two handed sword on back, variety of daggers at belt
Skills: None
Element: None
Alignment: Neutral
Religion: Aethiest; is a traveller to these parts
Hometown: Cerkath
Appearance: Wears a steel helmet, with a spike on top. Wears a chainmail vest and chainmail shorts, with a tunic underneath. He wears thick leather boots, and steel gauntlets. A torn, unimpressive black cloak rested on his back, over the two handed sword, leaving the handle poking out. A scar runs across his muzzle, and has remarkably unwolf-like eyes.
Description: He travels constantly, hardly ever unaccompanied. He's tried several times to settle down, but the thrill of adventure, travelling, and especially battling keeps him on the road, hoping to unearth answers to his past... Remarkably strong. Since he has no magical abilities, he focuses on his strength, and allies, to pull himself through. Speaks with an English accent.

Name: Olhal (Refuses to reveal his last name. Its also no secret that Olhal isn't his real name.))
Species: Human
Class: Warrior / Rogue
Weapons: A combat knife, a small-ish battle axe on his back, and a sabre at his belt.
Skills: Fire powers; can summon small fireballs, and create remarkably small explosions (only about a metre blast, uses a lot of energy). Also can set things alight, yet finds it easier to set his weapons / fists alight, to add power. Can also use his fire powers to speed up and such.
Element: Fire
Alignment: Neutral
Religion: Aethiest
Hometown: Unknown
Appearance: Has musty brown hair, almost like a very dark blonde, yet considered brown, and reasonably long (goes down his neck, and can cover his eye). Wears a thick, black, knee length coat, with a deep red tunic underneath, and thick black trousers. Wears fingerless leather gloves, and thick boots.
Description: Overall, a mysterious person, yet doesn't act it; knows how to appreciate a laugh and a joke, and pretty sarcastic. He refuses to reveal most information about his past, yet is on the journey with Fyroh and company to find answers as well. Loyal and trustworthy to his friends, yet spiteful to his enemies. Can be very kind, caring and generous to an almost suprising extent. What is known about him is his abilities; its linked to his standard strength too, and if he wears out his magic, he becomes exhausted, and vice versa. He recovers energy slowly using a mystical gem he carries with him, which constantly gives out the magic he uses. However, if his energy overfills, even the slightest movement creates a flame; so he needs to use his magic constantly to avoid mistakes.

Fyroh and Olhal were walking together, Olhal behind Fyroh. Olhal had a fireball in each hand, carrying them delicately, to keep the pair warm."So... where are we going?" Olhal enquired. "It's cold, I know that much..."
Fyroh sighed. "I've already told you, I don't know. We're trying to find some life... a town, perhaps."
Olhal grunted. "We're going to have to stop soon. It's almost night, and I'm running out of energy... the cold is biting me now." His fireballs were faltering too, flickering slightly and shrinking.
"Look before you leap, Olhal, I think I see something... hold your flame back a second." Fyroh said quietly. Olhal didnt seem to approve, and moved his hands behind his back; starting a fireball was harder than keeping it going. Fyroh smiled with excitement. "Come on... there's a campsite. Maybe we'll be able to join them..."
Olhal muttered something under his breath, then said louder, "Look, Fyroh, we can't just walk in on them. If we had some food to contribute, then maybe..."
Fyroh shook his head. "Some people are hospitable, some hostile. If they're the latter, we'll get the **** out, and create our own camp. If they're not, then we'll be fine." Despite his objections, Olhal reluctantly followed Fyroh to the campfire. He let his flames die out.

Fyroh smiled upon seeing the ones at the fire. "Ah... mind if we join you? If you need another fire lit, I have a friend who's skilled at such..." Olhal grunted, and turned away. Fyroh ignored him, and awaited a response.
RP characters:

Fyroh = Wolf furry. See profile.

Offline Aussie Wild Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 09:25:36 PM »
((I know that it rains in winter, I just said it was unlikely, also, Aethiest isn't one of the religions, Heathen refers to those with out
a religion, I said Miskakal had none cause she has amnesia))

Walking through the forest, Kumi gathered firewood, thinking about the little girl.
I wonder how she got here... maybe someone in Elderon knows about her...
having enough firewood, he headed back for camp. Hearing unknown voices, he put a hand on his hammer, for he had heard the bantits
in these parts could be nasty

th-thank you, but where am I? the girl looked from person to person uneasily
Without light
there is no dark
it is the way of all...

Offline Nintai Tamashii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 09:30:08 PM »
I looked up at the two newcomers, "...well, I suppose it won't be a problem....you can stay here untill Kumi gets back and he can decide. I'm not really in the position of authourity," I told them. I turned my attention to the fraile looking girl, I wondered how someone so small and fragile had even survived out here. "Well your on the out-skirts of Elderon, from my estimate...I was actually going to ask you how you got here...but you don't seem to remember,"

Offline Fyroh Ilqe Gahn

• Noble Newt
  • I lie about nothing but my honesty
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey / Black
  • Height: 6' 3''
  • Weight: 78kg
  • Build: Muscular and tall
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 09:33:23 PM »
((Well, sorry, but I didn't see any information on the religions anywhere; so, if I chose one I'd probably regret it, so I left it as Aethiest.))

Fyroh nodded. "Much appreciated." he said, sitting down near the fire. Olhal seemed reluctant to join them.
RP characters:

Fyroh = Wolf furry. See profile.

Offline Aussie Wild Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »
((it was beside the religion part, but whatever))

"I don't remember anything, except my name, I'm Mishakal

Coming upon the clearing, he slowly walked behind the newcomers,not daring to even breathe hard  . Grabing the human he spun
him around.
"Who are you, and why are you here!?" he pulled out his hammer, wanting to protect the little girl.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 09:54:38 PM by Aussie Wild Fox »
Without light
there is no dark
it is the way of all...

Offline Nintai Tamashii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 09:53:56 PM »
"Kumi let him go! He's not an enemy, they're just looking for some place to stay." I said in a stern tone. It almost seemed like I disappeared and reappeared next to Yokumi, I had a firm grip on his hand. "Put it down..."

Offline Aussie Wild Fox

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »
Slowly letting go of the human, he put his hammar away.
"I am sorry, friends, I was perhaps a bit rash, but I just wanted to protect her" he pointed to the girl
"come let us eat!" he grabbed the rabbits of the spit and cut them in halves, giving a half to each of the people there.
"What about you?" Mishakal asked the man standing in front of her
"don't worry about me, I can stand to miss a meal" He sat down, taking out his swords, and prcceded to clean them with snow.
" and what of you two? What brings a wolf and human this far west?"
Without light
there is no dark
it is the way of all...