The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Songs with a story  (Read 3114 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Songs with a story
« on: February 06, 2024, 11:00:29 AM »
What are some songs you like that have some kinda story behind why you like them. The song itself doesn't need a story, but think of a song that was impactful for some reason. Maybe the lyrics really spoke to you one night and it changed your life tragectory, maybe you met a cool friend while listening to the music, maybe the music introduced you to a new community. Any kind of story you can think of.

For me, Krigsgaldr by Heilung is one of those, though I have mentioned it before. I was looking for some form of spirituality, or I had a spiritual need, I'm not a spiritual person myself, I'm a physicalist, but still I had a yearning for something spiritual. That song introduced me to Nordic Folk, and would eventually give rise to me exploring a more spiritual side, and finding Discordianism. So it's pretty important to me.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Wuff-Wuff

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog
Re: Songs with a story
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 11:25:45 AM »
https://youtu.be/K7ZqZVunCb4?feature=shared
Krigsgaldr by Heilung

:) I'm glad you were able to find some spiritual solice Anoni. For me Carl Jung's approach was very helpful in that regard. Do you by chance know the KLF? A book on that band introduced me to discordianism.

For me this song just resonates a lot with me. I always claim it to be my favourite.
https://youtu.be/gfQljgzAtRE?feature=shared
Sun City Girls - Space Prophet Dogon

I think they captured a feeling I've always wanted to be able to express with music. A profound beauty that goes beyond standard practices of music making. The words, as far as I could gather, are just gibberish. The melody will always stay with me.