The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Warhammer 40k: Ballad of the Feral Claws (Serious)  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Warhammer 40k: Ballad of the Feral Claws (Serious)
« on: June 12, 2015, 10:17:28 PM »

Preface:
On the planet Terran, the Space Marine chapter Feral Claws prepare to mobilize and assist the 7th Terranian Guard, in their stalemate with the Ork Clan Skin Takers, lead by the Warboss Skinner. The Feral Claws must assist the 7th Terranian, and push the Greenskins off the planet. With all blessing from the Emperor, the Feral Claws have commandeered an armory ship, to outfit themselves with whatever is needed to remove the Orks. Their Commisar Lord, Jayce, leads with an iron fist (coincedentally, he prefers to use a Power Fist over his Chain Saber), and is counciled by Ronald. Ronald, who's name arose from a very strange reality, is one of the few Librarians who stand in the front lines, fighting along side his battle brothers.

The nitty-gritty:
So, as you (dear reader) can see, this RP is based around the Warhammer 40,000 universe, with some modifications for ease-of-access. Though it'll be simplified, the ranks still sit, as do weapon restrictions (which will be explained.) 

There are some classes that will be restricted, namely Librarian and Commissar Lord.

Weapons:

Standard (universal rank usage):
   Bolter
(The standard rifle of the Space Marines firing mass-reactive rounds that expload on contact.)

Bolter Pistol
(Single-handed pistol carrying smaller rounds, less ammunition per magazine. Carried by all Space Marines)

Storm Bolter
(A faster firing, less accurate version of the Bolter, with twice as much ammunition per magazine)

Slug Thrower
(Sniper Rifle, single shot before reload)

Meltagun
(Shotgun, fires superheated material in a conic shape)

HEAVY WEAPONS:
   Heavy Bolter
(Massive Bolter firing larger rounds at a higher speed, but is markedly heavier and requires a worn  ammunition reserve)
   Lascannon
(Immense laser-rifle firing one shot before overheating, requires a worn energy reserve.)

Melee:
   Combat Knife
(Standard melee weapon of the Space Marines, used only as a last-ditch weapon)

Chainsword
(Think of a chainsaw mixed with a sword. Distributed to Corprals.)

Plasma Weapons (Must be requisitioned by Sergeants or Captains)
   Plasma gun
(Firing superheated plasma shells, semi-automatic, overheats if fired too quickly)
   Plasma cannon
(Massive plasma launcher, requires a carried Plasma reactor to fire.)

Rank-locked weapons:
   Thunderhammer
(A massive warhammer, requires both hands to use, weilder can only carry a Bolter/Plasma pistol as a backup weapon) (Sergeant Rank or above)
   Kraken Bolter
(A harder hitting Bolter rifle, utilizing adementine ammunition. Carried by Captains, but can be distributed among squads.)

Along with these, there are some Guardsmen / Librarian / Commisar Lord specific weapons.

RANKS ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, NO EXCEPTIONS!
Weapon Restictions:

Besides the Commisar Lord (none available), these are the ranks.

Captain (1): Captains have access to all weapons, and can grant lower ranks access to Plasma and Flame weapons.

Sergeant (2): Sergeants have access to Power Fists and Thunder Hammers.

Corpral: Can give emergency orders, if their Captain or Sergeant are incapacitated or dead.

Private: Frontline grunts, the backbone of the Imperium.

Marine "Types":
   Assault Marines: Utilizing jump-packs, melee weapons, and hit-and-run tactics, Assault Marines are usefull for scouting missions, as well as guerrila style fighting. Have less armor than most Marines.
   Frontline Marines: The backbone soldiers; Frontline Marines have more armor than Assault Marines, but do not have the jump-pack. Can be equipped with Heavy Weapons, but are slowed by their immense weight.
   Shock Marines: Utilizing only Heavy Weapons, Shock Marines have very thick armor, and specialize in area-of-denial tactics.

OTHER RESTRICTIONS:

Only one Commisar Lord, already occupied.
Only one Librarian, already occupied.

No 'super-powered' psykers, ie light psykic abilities.

ARMOR COLOR (This is universal)

Grey and White, with one red shoulder pauldron.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:31:20 PM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
Re: Warhammer 40k: Ballad of the Feral Claws (Serious)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 10:28:51 PM »

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 05:29:47 AM »
Introduction:

The 7th Terranian Guard had holed up a few miles away from the planet, Terran, manufactorum. The sentry guns posted every twenty meters whirred and clicked as they scanned the area. Hiding a few meters away from the sentries, the Ork clan, Skin Takers, sat in wait, as their Storm Boyz looked for an opening in the wall.  Unbeknownst to the Orks, however, two guardsmen scouts, sat beneath a collapsed building, watching their every move. The male guard, a raccoon of purple fur, looked over to the other guardsman, or rather guardswoman, and spoke.

"So, Valentine, what're you feeling?"
Valentine, the other guard (a raccoon), rubbed her temples and closed her eyes.
 "Not much, some movement, but it's just a few of 'em pacing about."

Rayleonarde, the male guard, knew that Valentine had some sort of natural psychic abilities, and could sense other life nearby, along with a few other essences. Ray sighed, and nodded.

"We should head back, before we get caught."

"I don't think we'll get caught, Ray." As these words left Valentines mouth, the rubble above them was cast aside, revealing a large, machine-assisted ork; the Warboss Skinner. The ork laughed, and moved to grab Valentine.

"Lookit this'n here boys! We got us sum gardsmen!"  Ray quickly drew his rifle, a shortened version of the standard lasrifle, and cut away at the warboss. He stood, and started to run, yelling. "Run Val!"

Valentine scrabbled away, as the warboss started to chase her brother down, shouting the orkish 'WAAAGH!' battle cry that was iconic of the Ork race. She ran, faster than she ever thought possible, back to safety.

Back behind the wall, a massive troop transport, bearing the Feral Claws mark, kicked up dirt and debris as it landed. After a few moments, the transport's forward door hissed open, and out stepped the commander of the Feral Claws; Commissar Lord Jayce. The rather tall raccoon looked about with no expression, and shouted out.

"Where is your commander?!"

"H-Here, my lord." A large, muscular bear stepped up. "What do you seek?"

Jayce smiled, and forced the bear to kneel. "Why have you allowed a stalemate to be reached? Why have the Greenskins taken nearly half of the planet?"

"I-I'm sorry, sir. T-Their warboss continually leads their assaults, dealing massive morale shock to my men."

Jayce stopped the commander, and reached behind himself. "My men." He quickly drew his pistol, and planted a round directly between the commander's eyes. After the bear dropped, Jayce barked. "Feral Claws! Move out, and secure the area! Assault troops! Front and center!"

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't be shy! I already am... .-.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: White Tigress
  • Coloring: White, Neon Green, Neon Pink
  • Height: 5' 2'
  • Weight: 105 lbs.
  • Build: Small
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: This world is dangerous...but so beautiful...
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:47:29 AM »
As the Commissar Lord commanded, Scout, one of the Feral Claws Assault Troopers stomped out of the drop ship--both paws gripping his Thunder Hammer. "Yes, my lord." He responded, and stopped in front of Jayce. His paws grip tightened and he looked up at his Commander awaiting orders.
Several pens escape these words, but I guess that doesn't matter 'cause they'll be heard anyway, someday, if I could just find a way to explain...
Blank sheets of paper avoiding lines, but I guess I'll confess when time is right...
Little lies that I've lived with everyday...