The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Aliens: shipwreck (IC)  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Aliens: shipwreck (IC)
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:30:28 PM »
A lone computer beeped.  Wreck detected. Time to wake up. Your cryogenic-tubes opened, and you were quickly exposed to the cold, filtered air of your space-ship, the CFS Seeker. The main computer, in the flight deck, beeped. Someone should go and check on it. See why it woke you all up.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
Re: Aliens: shipwreck (IC)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 08:53:49 PM »
Perry shielded his eyes from the brightness of the lights as they flickered on. Waking up was always the hardest part...
Crawling out of the pod, he stumbled half-blindly to his locker.
"Angder" no
"Ashlin" no
He rubbed his eyes a bit more and forced them open a little bit.
"Ahh, here it is" His speech slurred from not having used any muscles tasked to speaking in a while.
Dazed, he decided to ignore that he'd walked past his clothes that were set by his pod and decided it was best that he just went to find out what had woken the crew... or rather just him so far.
He'd be more awake by the time he reached a terminal and grabbed his access card before stumbling off though the corridors.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 09:02:16 PM »
Xander groaned, having always considered the worst part of any kind of sleep to be waking up under normal circumstances. However he decided waking up to realise your muscles have gone numb from lack of use is considerable worse.
He crawled out of his pod and blinked several times as his eyes adjusted to the light.
He tried to speak but gave up as soon as he realised, he'd have to put some effort into forming anything truly coherent.
He made up his mind to just wait a while for his muscles to feel a little less stiff before making any more movements or sound.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 09:18:26 PM »
Angder seemed to leap out of his tube, and climbing out, eyes wide open. "Ohh, look at all you guyss." he said jokingly, slurring slightly. "So grooggy and tired... you would think you had come ba'k from the dead..." Angder moved out of the tube towards the locker. stumbled, yelped, and fell over. "Oww... legs... My legs refuse to move..." Angder said. "Anyone mind if I just lie here for a few seconds? maybe a minute?"
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:32:59 PM »
The terminal beeped, showing the silhouette of a ship off in the distance.

USCSS Nalfar

Executive Officer: Thomas R. Naismith.

Life support: %80
Reactor: %75
Navigations systems: %32
Communications systems: %44
engines: %00
*/|\*Signal detected...Play? Y/N*/|\*
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:35:38 PM by Sturmtruppen Shepherd »

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Crest Is Dead ((For Now))

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • Nice.
    • Awards
  • Species: ...
  • Coloring: ...
  • Height: ...
  • Weight: ...
  • Build: ...
  • Currently: Having a Break
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:40:47 PM »
*crest clambered out of his tube with a terrible crook in his neck* argg damn it *he growls and pits his hand on it as he walks over to angder* you okay there? You look like you just came back from a stag night * he says crouching down slowly*

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »
The terminal in the cockpit wasn't too far now and Perry was already moving fluidly.
The sight of the hulking metal mass from the cockpit was incredible.
He diverted his gaze to the glowing terminal and leant over to give it a read.
"Hmm indeed" he concluded himself
*Y -intercom*

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 09:47:27 PM »
A synthetic voice came over the intercom.
"This is an automated signal, transmitted over the emergency band. General call for distress. Level 5 anomaly. At exactly 1537 hours galactic standard,  sudden loss of crew."
That didn't give much. Sudden loss of crew seemed ominous. and level 5 anomalies were the really bad things. A reactor leak is only a level 4... but that ship looked to be relatively intact.
"this is an-"

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 09:56:37 PM »
Angder swore at crest. "Help me up please... someone has to pilot this damn ship..."
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Crest Is Dead ((For Now))

• Dancing Dragon
  • Nice.
    • Awards
  • Species: ...
  • Coloring: ...
  • Height: ...
  • Weight: ...
  • Build: ...
  • Currently: Having a Break
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 09:58:04 PM »
*crest grunted as he helped angder up* so why are we here again?

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9" dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 10:43:39 PM »
The feline had groaned softly as he pulled himself out of the tube. Every single limb on Leo’s body felt stiff, like he was just a walking coprse that had crawled out of a funeral home. Then he heard one of his Crew mate’s remarks, and frowned… but soon snickered when he saw him nearly fall over on his face.

“Well my friend,” The feline hummed as he shuffled stiffly to his locker. He pulled it open, and began to remove his equipment, piling it up on the floor, and some items to the floor. “Those tubes DO freeze you to the point where you should be dead. They have a tendency of causing brain damage however. Tell me, are you suffering freezer burn?

Then… he heard the intercom and frowned. This… seemed like a bad idea. The feline quickly got dressed and rushed up to the cockpit of the ship. Once he slid into the seat, it rotated and slid him closer to the controls. He glanced over the ship with a frown, and began to tap at a few buttons to get a query on their location.

“Ship looks like a money pool guys. But… I’m not likin the sounds of Level 5. If the crew is dead, my best guess is a Virus got into the system and became extremely contagious. If all’s dead, the virus might be gone. But… that’s still a very high risk to take.”
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 12:24:17 AM »
Ashlin slowly climbed out of her pod, clutching onto the side to support herself while he muscles adjusted to being used again. She was wobbly, but finally found purchase, staggering over to the toliets and immediately vomiting inside one of them. "What tha' hell is going on?" She called before her stomach lurched again.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 02:55:59 AM »
Leo raised up a hand to one of the many panels, and flicked a rocker switch, turning on the ships nose search light. Once that was taken care of, he lowered the hand down onto a nearby control stick, and slowly began to tweak it by rocking his wrists. The light slowly panned around the ship, to illuminate it and look over the damages. And a possible way to land. When his search on this one side was drawing near an end, he used his free hand to now maneuver the ship using short burst from the retro thrusters.

The feline tapped the intercome speaker, and spoke over the microphone. "Wake up boys, and get yourselves steady. We got a good target... but uh... this is looking kinda shady. Looks like a good money pool though. Nothing's been picked out yet. And... I'm not seeing any external damages. Good chance we can find something good. Come on up to the deck, I'd like to know everyone's opinion on this before I dock."
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 06:35:37 AM »
Perry moved to stand behind the pilot's seat apprehensively. He knew his place as an engineer and didn't like being bossed around so early by someone who was obviously playing commander.
"You know Anger's going to try to kill you... right? He's the pilot."
He blinked once, very slowly.
"I'm going to check the landing gear or whatever"

Perry disappeared down a ladder, wondering if the ship had gotten colder since last time.

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 08:38:17 AM »
Leo simply brushed away the foreboding forecast of his demise by the pilot. "Yeah yeah. When he learns how to get up on his own two feet after a Cryo, He can take it back. But Objects in motion stay in motion in space. Last we need is something crashing into the hull and tearing a hole in our asses." The feline sighed as he now glanced down to the info monitor. His eyes reading over the Data presented to him.

"Eighty Percent life support? If there's a virus... it's probably long gone by now. Cleaned up by the filter," the feline mumbled to himself. His ears perked up when he spotted an entrance on the aft of the USCSS Nalfar. Once it was spotted, he flicked on the ships computer, and kept it orbitally fixed at this point, relative to the other ship.

"Still got plenty of power... and the engines don't work... Could just fly the entire damn thing to a scrap yard and get more money off of it if we fixed the engines" The feline hummed softly. He leaned a bit closer, his eyes squinting to take a look at the engines. He... didn't see any signs of external damage. So something must have damaged the interals. THough... he was incredibly curious about what caused this. Engine failure, was one of the lower containment levels. And an on board act of Terror was at most Level 2.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:39:54 AM by tangletail »
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲