The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "See this hand? Grab it. It'll pull you out of the darkness."  (Read 489 times)

Offline Dr. Alka Wolf

• Contemplation, across the nation
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Always willing to help out.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Generally grey with black hair
  • Height: 1.8 meters
  • Weight: 75kg
  • Build: Fair build, not very muscular, not very fat and not overly skinny either
  • Currently: Looking for RP, but remembering I live in the future
As the subject may imply, I'm holding out a hand. A warm, fuzzy, fur filled hand which has been coated in feels. Lots of people are going through lots of problems.

On the furry front, we are outcasts. The rest of humanity thinks we're freaks, who only get off on yiff and the sort. They think that we are all pervs and creeps who run around and (if the mods/admins will mind my language) screw in animals suits. I used to think the same, until I came to understand what it ACTUALLY meant to be a furry. But, I won't enforce my definition, and instead allow as many interpretations as we can get :3

But, before I get off topic, I think that most problems stem from an inability to efficiently vent your emotions. So, here is my guide to venting, and other things you could do to help you vent.

1. If you have a significant other, cuddle with them. It releases relaxing hormones which calm the body, and can even relieve physical pain

2. If you don't, eat dark chocolate, cherries and ice-cream. They all have the same effect, minus the cherries (sort of). Cherries are just there to make it easier to sleep.

3. Talk. A lot. You need to talk about your problems. As much as it might feel great to run away from them, it's time to face reality. Get help. If you are having trouble finding someone, come talk to me. I've saved people from suicide 3 times now, as well as having destroyed a depression and given healthy life advice. And I'm all ears for anything you have to say

4. Cry. "Ok what?" Before you think this is all bs, I'd go check your facts. Crying about your problems helps you relieve your tensions. If you really think about it, this makes sense. And I also know this from personal experience.

5. Listen to your favourite music, all the time. Music is very helpful for doing a lot of things, and bringing out your emotions is one of them.

Well, I hope this helps anyone and everyone. Once again, If you ever need help, just pm me or skype me or steam message me. I'm not always online due to school, but I will endeavour to respond as quickly as I can. Also, just remember this analogy

"The chances of being born, is like giving every hour, or possibly every nanosecond, leading up to your birth, and having them all roll the same number. Just remember that every time you think someone else is worthless, or think that you're worthless. Because, if being so lucky as to being born under those conditions isn't worth something, then I don't know what is" - I don't know who said this first, but I say it often now.

I will know use this line up to sum up what I think about everyone, regardless of who you are. I think you are an amazing furry, who has the potential to be something even better. Some of you have a long way to go, and some of you only need one step. But, within every fur, I see the chance at something beautiful. So, always strive to better yourself, get positive opinions and not negative ones and never, EVER, give a damn about what any hater has to say about you.

Thanks,
Dr. Alka P. Wolf - Resident Psychologist
  • Signature art by: Cinder42, Zarconite(+myself)
"Blackness. Lots and lots of blackness. When it's all you ever see, it makes even the smallest spark of light stand out"

Reference of Alka

Al's Weapon References \\\\\ Al's badass mask x3 \\\\\ Reference of Al

Gaia's Song List \\\\\ Reference of Gaia

Offline Akyra

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolves and cats
Re: "See this hand? Grab it. It'll pull you out of the darkness."
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 03:54:12 AM »
I like you...not in a creepy way