The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: my dad  (Read 389 times)

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: husky
  • Coloring: electric blue and white
  • Height: 5foot 10
  • Build: muscular
  • Currently: bored
my dad
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:58:59 PM »
i was just wanting some advice on this subject

so my situation with my family is it is split in 2 their is me my mum gran granddad great gran my dads brother his wife and daughter and all the uncles and people like that on my side of the family then their is my dad my brother my nan and her husband on the other side
this started before i was born when my dad cheated on my mum when she was pregnant with me and we think i have a half sister because of this. when i was 3-4 my dad left my mum while doing so he took all the wood floor boards out of the house and left it at my nans to keep it safe. he also you st to hit me for defending myself on holiday because some Germans whir swearing at us and he hit me because i stuck up for myself later on my dad begged my mum to get back together with him later on my dad started to be weird again and he almost killed my mum by pushing her down the stairs now they are divorced but every other week i saw my dad he started to get angry again im around 12 now and then he started lying to me and to my face id ask him something and he would answer with something i knew was a lie he also started seeing a girl called Becky at this point im 13 he left her and left with me and my brother using us as a escape goat he returned to her house and took everything cutlery tv computers couch everything even pictures of her children i didn't know that he did this then about 5 months later i found out about it in the 5 month gap more lies and no improvement because im dyslexic their is a program called door that he agreed to pay half the money to along side with my mum and then he said he wouldn't pay im coming up to 14 at this point and i grew tired of all the lies and abuse so i had a massive go at him and i haven't seen him in a year to this day their is more that is just as bad if not worse that is long but if you want to know just ask oh and my granddad paid for my dads half of the program door
but i just want advise as to what to do

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: my dad
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:16:15 PM »

So my situation with my family is that it is split in 2.
There is me, my mum, gran, granddad, great gran, my dads brother, his wife and daughter, and all the uncles and people like that on my side of the family, then there is my dad, my brother, my nan, and her husband on the other side.

This started before I was born when my dad cheated on my mum while she was pregnant with me, and we think I have a half sister because of this. When I was 3-4 my dad left my mum and when doing so he took all the wood floor boards out of the house and left it at my nans to keep it safe. He also used to hit me for defending myself on holidays because some Germans where swearing at us, and he hit me because I stood up for myself.
Later on my dad begged my mum to get back together with him.
Later on my dad started to be weird again, and he almost killed my mum by pushing her down the stairs.
Now they are divorced, but every other week I saw my dad he started to get angry again.

I'm around 12 now, and then he started lying to me and to my face.
I'd ask him something and he would answer with something I knew was a lie.
He also started seeing a girl called Becky.

At this point I'm 13. He left her and left with me and my brother.
Using us as a scapegoat, he returned to her house and took everything: cutlery, tv, computers, couch, everything.. Even pictures of her children
I didn't know that he did this then, about 5 months later I found out about it, and in the 5 month gap: more lies and no improvement.
Because I'm dyslexic there is a program called door that he agreed to pay half the money for, alongside with my mum, and then he said he wouldn't pay.

I'm coming up to 14 at this point, and I grew tired of all the lies and abuse, so I had a massive go at him, and I haven't seen him in a year to this day.
There is more that is just as bad, if not worse, that is long but if you want to know just ask.

Oh and my granddad paid for my dads half of the program door.

But I just want advice as to what to do.

(Fixed up your text a little to make it easier to read, not to be rude, but to maybe make people who otherwise wouldn't read through it do so as well.)

And as for advice, I'd kinda suggest just cutting the ties with him if that's possible. He seems to be a pretty bad person and those usually aren't worth keeping in your life.

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 07:27:43 PM »
thanks and no offence taken :D
that's kind of what im trying to do he is also racist and homophobic which dose not help
every month or so he sends me a message and if i don't reply within a day because im busy this is what he puts "I only ask because i care do you want me to bother x"
i try and cut him off but he sends me a message once every month max
i try not to properly reply but he keeps sending them which again dose not help
any tips on what to say to him
but thank you its nice to know that someone agrees with me :D

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 07:43:57 PM »
I've kinda been in a similar boat. Bad parents are a horrible curse.

In my case I just ended up ignoring most of my dads messages and calls, and eventually he got the hint, so I'm not really exactly sure what you should say.

Hopefully someone else might have slightly more helpful advice, sadly I can't really think of anything else than what I've already said x-x

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 07:48:09 PM »
actually that helped a lot  :D

Offline Kai

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine
  • Height: 5'10 when standing.
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
  • Currently: Tired and sociable.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 03:19:55 AM »
As an afterthought, you can also block numbers through your cell service provider.
So if you really don't want to hear from him, see if you can block his number. To him it'll look like you just aren't responding, but it saves you the hassle of going through seeing those/being reminded of everything every so often.
I've done this with a few different people, usually works.

Offline Karric

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 03:24:08 PM »
thanks didn't think of that :D