The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EverE Industries  (Read 12936 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: EverE Industries
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 10:37:34 PM »
A bundle of paper, and an envelope arrived at one of the guard station 3. A wolf grabbed it from the runner, who immediately fled back down the catwalk. the wolf snorted, and looked at the package. "Duernab?" The wolf turned as the tiger approached. "Its for you."

Duernab sat down with the package, inside the envelope was the dud from the production line. He examined the piece of paper. "Worker 54... Oh. you are going to get it!" He looked up, and then smiled. "Actually this is exactly what I need, how long until barrett comes off duty?" He smiled nastily, "Also someone fetch a medic, I know some who would be quite excited to know what I want to do..."
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:48:29 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2015, 05:30:07 PM »
"Officer Fulton, 10-66 in the engineering floor. You'll be accompanying officer Duernab." Barrett sighed, groaned, and stood. another job with F**king Duernab.... today's shaping up nicely...

"Copy. 10-4." He groaned into the radio, practically growling. He would definitely need to go out on the town tonight... find some booze, and a nice warm bed, with a nice, warm lady.
He shifted the safety back and forth on his rifle, a low, uncontrolled growl escaping from his throat as he walked to where he was told

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I am not crazy. I have never been tested.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mutant Coyote
  • Coloring: blue/grey, dark brown, golden/brown, white
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 124lb
  • Build: Short, curvy, animalistic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Trying my hide off
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2015, 09:24:18 PM »
Victoria jogged across the scaffolding at her usuol pace, the pack full of shrapnel bouncing gently against her ginger fur. The effects of the field still buzzed behind her eyes, her thoughts were a bit muddled, seeming to do just enough to get the next paw on the ground before fizzling out and leaving an ache in the back of her skull like it were being cracked open with a meat cleaver. She cursed the guards in her head, the image of the one she had encountered that morning flashing into her mind's eye for a moment. She waited for it to fizzle out like the rest and only had a second to puzzle over why it didnt before she smashed strait into that very same, very real, guard.

A startled yelp escaped her lips followed by a jumbled string of apologies, only to be choked off when she fully realized the situation. Her pack had fallen from her back and split open, spewing its contents all over the scaffoldingand raining bits down on the floor bellow. She stared at the huardnin shocked silence, her jaw agape with nothing to say.
WARNING: Likes to type obnoxiously long messages! Approach with caution!

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2015, 01:29:14 AM »
"sonofa-" Barrett squeezed out, cursing as he tumbled to the floor, hands flying instinctively outward to keep himself from hitting his head

The security guard shook his head, climbing to his feet with a somewhat angry sigh. He honestly couldn't fault the worker... she just bumped into him. It's not like it was...
then, a wave of excruciating pain hit him, emanating from his left hand. The shepherd blinked, looked down, and saw what the cause of the pain was.
A particularly large piece of shrapnel had lodged itself in his paw, it's jagged metal edged gleaming faintly in the low, orange light of a nearby smelter
"F**CK!" he screamed, shaking his head, nearly kicking the thing that lay before him. but he stopped himself. He always stopped himself.
"Get the hell out of here." He hissed through clenched teeth "before I rip this f**cking thing out of my hand and shove it so far down your throat you'll be S**tting metal for a week. Got that?"

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2015, 02:18:30 AM »
Victoria scrambled to her paws, panic flooding her viens and making her trip. For the love of the gods could she just catch a break today!? She could hear other footsteps pounding towards her from behind, clearly about to block her escape route. Of corse not, she was an "employee" of EverE, what was she thinking? She took a deep breath and closed her eyes momentarily. Only one thing left to do now. The only thing she and the rest of her work class was any good for. She opened her eyes wide, spun on her heals, and broke off into a full sprint down the scaffolding, he metallic claw banging the metal of it like a gong. She shot past the other guard, close enough to feel him brush the tips of her fur. At least she thought it was the guard, no way in hell she was taking the chance to look back and find out for sure. Her heart raced as fast as she as she tried to keep focus.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2015, 04:29:13 PM »
Barrett cursed. Had his hand not been wounded, he would be firing short, staccato bursts at the running worker, hopefully immobilizing it.
and, though he could fire with just one hand, his rifle was designed to be used with two. so he stood just as good a chance to shoot his fellow guard as he did shooting the worker.
so he simply keyed the microphone on his throat and said "Sector 22-B, we have a 10-91V! I am wounded, unable to pursue. Another guard is chasing after the 10-91V. I am awaiting medical help."

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
Duernab spoke up over the radio "Barrett? you injured?" even over the radio Duernab sounded annoyed. "Still able to accompany me?" He asked.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »
"my hand is F**ked. There's a thing of shrapnel like... an inch long stuck in the thing. nothing our med-techs can't handle, but I cannot go with you. "
"Again, this is security officer Fulton requesting immediate medical aid. Non emergency."

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »
Duernab almost broke his radio as he switched it off in disgust, he glanced to the 3 guards accompanying him. "Barrett is out... now can SOMEONE please get a medic? We will need one after what I am going to do..." He snarled, and started drumming his claws against the wall as he walked, listening to the other three talk into their radios.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2015, 09:20:15 PM »
Andrew let out a sigh, looking over to Jackson. "Yeah, I had a life outside of this, one that I took for granted. I was an engineer outside of this place, but got mixed up in some shady business. It was nothing to bad, and I didnt do anything directly. But when the top of the pyramid fell, the lower levels did to, and I was guilty by association. Was suppose to go to jail yanno? But the bus ended up pulling in here. Thought it was a god send, that I was finally getting a break. Oh how wrong I was." He flipped a pair of black goggles over his eyes and touched the torch to the jagged metal, burning through it. "What about you 002? You had a life?"

Jacob could hear the screaming, but payed no mind. It wasnt uncommon for one person to be yelling at another in this place, and he didnt want to get involved and face punishment. The fox looked down at the package in his hands and gripped it tighter, an uneasy feeling rising in his throat. It was his last delivery for the day, but one that took him to the med lab, a place he dreaded going. They always looked at him with mad eyes, seeing that his body was still completely flesh. It made him uneasy each tim. The runner saw a "doctor" leaning against the scaffolding and approached, immediately out stretching the package to her. "Delievery for bay three, extra antibiotics and narcotics." He said to Frost.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 12:19:20 AM »
Frost's head snapped to attention only to droop and her face slip into one of bored disappointment as she saw who it was who had addressed her. She looked him over with a bit of a underclass scowl a trait she still carried.from her days in her family's mansion as a certified aristocrat. She took note of him, a standard runner, but with a notable lack of any mechanical parts. She squinted, maybe they were on the inside, she knew of at least one worker around her who had metal teeth no one could see unless he bared them. It was some of her first work she had done for the factory, and admittedly some of her finest. She wasnt some scorned engineer or mad scientist like the other medics. She was an artist. She took great pride in the beauty and intimacy of her craft, not to mention the act of creating, and as she looked the runner before her up and down she strongly noted that she was in dire need of a new "canvas". 

After the moment of distaste her face split into a sweet smile and she took the package gently, hugging it to her. "Oh thank you, ill deliver it to the infirmary right away!" She began to turn but stopped, turning back to the runner with a lok of inocent confusion on her face. "If you dont mind me asking, why wouldnt you delivernit strait there yourself? A big strong runner like you isnt scared of it right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson chuckled, shaking his head. "Damn...... that's some rough stuff right there. As for me though, I aunt got nothing waiting for me outaide these walls. I was born here, raised here, and for all I know, ill damn well die here. The only thing I may have is whoever my mom or dad's family were but for all I know they're both gone so theres a hell of a chance id ever meet em. A big dog named Richard took care of me as a puppy, like the big brother I never had....... he's gone to though......" Jackson's eyes got distantnfor a moment as he trailed off, smiling gently at the air in front of him. Something snapped him back soon though and his big goofy smile returned. "Folks around heretics me a lot of crap for "strutting around like I own the place" as they say, but I guess I jus got nothin to loose. This isnmynhome, why shouldn't I be comfortable in my own home?" He let out another chuckle as he beat a peice of metal bavk into sharp and measurednit up against another. "Love hearing stories about the outside though!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria could feel her heart beat in her eyes and could barely hear the guard's demands over the pounding. She'd heard the lies before though, everyone had. Hell, you hot hurt when you stayed put and do your job, what made anyone think you'd get out unscathed when you actuolly did something? Her mind rushed to process the scafolding before her, matching it up to the map in her mind as she went. There was only so much farther she could go before ahe hit something bad. The guard station, the infirmary, any of the higher offices, all of them were good spots for her pursuers to get reinforcements as she knew they would. Even then she couldnt keep this up forever, she just had to hope that her expirience as a runner meant she could keep it longer than they could.

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »
Jacob began to feel uneasy, this medic was looking at him the same way they all did. He almost let out a sigh of relief when she began to turn, but froze when she spoke again. The fox wanted to run, everything in him TOLD him to run, but doing so would surly land him in the med clinic. The sweet smile. The innocent look. The flattery. Jacob knew it was all fake. Fabricated to try and get him more comfortable around her, but he would not be swayed. Nobody was innocent in this factory. "Im not necessarily scared of it, but everytime I go in they tell me to give my package to a doctor. So now, Ive learned to deliver straight to medics, saves a hassle for everyone."

Andrew's ears pulled back a little and he glanced over his shoulder at Jackson. "Hope you dont mind if I say, but that sucks. I cant imgine growing up in a place like this let alone being born in it." He turned back to his work, finished melting the jagged edges off one side and moving on ti the other. "I havnt seen the outside world in some time, and my memory of it is a bit fuzzy, but if you have any questions about it I could try my best to answer them."
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 02:04:17 PM »
Duenab was pissed, he tapped his claws on the wall, losing all rhythm so it became just a series of irregular scraping sounds. A pair of medics turned up, and followed a short distance behind them.

The Lizard guard to Duernabs right spoke up as they approached their target "Sleeping quarters for 50 - 100" The lizard grinned "98, and 54 right?" Duernab grunted. "Damn right, Grunen, you get 98, official policy states he is new enough to be let off one last time with nothing more than a kick. but I want him to see 54 before 54 ends up..." Duernab turns to the medics behind them "Yea... that" Duernab grinned evilly. "You!" Duernab  gestured to the rat on his left "Get the door, and as for you" He  gestured to the third and final guard, a Zebra "you make sure no-one else interferes"

The Zebra spoke up. "What  is the official policy on 54?" she asked, nervously. Duernab turned around and grinned "Conspiracy, possibly attempting to escape if our source in there is correct, Deliberate deception... the punishment for that... whatever I feel appropriate" Duernab snarled, a twisted smile appearing on his face. "Wanted to get Barrett to do it for me, 2 birds with one stone kinda thing... but I guess this way at least the job will get done...."

~~~~~~~

Angder woke to the sound of boots approaching, he looked up as the shadow stopped right on top off him... the Tiger looked down at him "54...?" The Tiger dropped an object next to Angder, the dud piece bounced off the floor loudly. "Care to explain this?" The Tiger asked, Angder looked up at him, he knew what was coming, and tried to crawl away. The tiger crouched down, and put a paw on Angder's chest, pushing him to the ground "That's what I expected..."

~~~~~~~

The entire room was watching 54's punishment... all except Sanders... Sanders was watching 121, or Yind. In a way they were not that different, both had more power than someone in their position was meant to have, both could even move where they were working and sleeping almost at will. but Yind payed the company, while he simply ensured doing what he said was a necessity. If he told the workers to jump, they jumped, not because he threatened them, but because they respected him. He knew what he was doing, and had a lot of respect. That made him dangerous to keep around, but also dangerous to kill.

Yind? she gave the company information, bribed them for an easier time, when Yind asked for something, you gave it to her, not doing that would get you tagged for doing something wrong, and the company always could find SOMETHING you were doing wrong. Now? Here she was, SMILING as 54 got kicked, and beaten. true, his plan to try to escape was stupid, and probably unworkable,  but to ENJOY watching what happened to him... Still, at least the other 3 might get discouraged... he did not want anyone else to get hurt...

Sanders sighed, there was no escape from this place, you had to make do with what you had here, improve life for those in here, show the company that treating its workers well was better, and hope it listened. so far progress had been made, mouldy bread turned into the grey goop, for example... that was the sort of change they should aim for...

~~~~~~~

Angder lay, whimpering, the tiger had not held back, his leg was broken, bent and twisted out of position, his arms were covered in bruises... he peered up at the tiger, "pl,pl.... please just... st~" The tiger looked at him, "STOP TALKING" it yelled throwing a punch right at Angders Jaw, it connected and Angder blacked out, falling to the ground with an audible thud.

~~~~~~~

Duernab walked away from 54. "You two! medics! I think he's learnt his lesson, you take it from here" Grunen, who had pushed 98, a raccoon, as close to the  wolf as possible, let go of him, allowing him to hurry back to his bed. Duernab  turned to the room when he got to the door. "WELL? WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? GET BACK TO SLEEP WORKERS!" The workers all climbed back into their sacks, and tried not to move. The medics loaded 54 onto a stretcher, and the 6 of them, led by Duernab, left the room. "I think that went well" Duernab commented "He won't be breaking any rules here for a loooong time, serves him right for laughing in my face when I was looking for that damn dud...." Duernab smiled cheerfully at the other 3 guards, the two medics were already heading to the medical wing. carrying the wolf...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:07:04 PM by Angder »

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
Victoria cried out with the hit, crumbling to the floor and sliding several feet with her momentum. It was her back right leg, it throbbed with the pain in a sickening rhythm. Air hissed slowly through her teeth as she tried to stand again, only to feel a heavy, unfriendly wieght on her back. She tried to struggle but only wound up hitting her injured leg again witch instantly shot up an angry jolt of pain in protest and she fell still. What was the point? Even if she did get up she couldn't run.

Frost was a little irittated, she could sense his hesitation, he wasnt buying it and it infuriated her. She was the angel daughter of one of the richest families to ever touch this whole city, how dare he!? She quickly remembered he didnt know this though and kept it to herself. "Awww but why? Everyone's so nice in the infirmary!" She piped, deciding to keep it up simply to spite him. She reached out and grabbed him, linking her elbow with his and pulling him towards th infirmary. "Come on, ill show you, may be we just need to let you meet them!"

Jackson's eyes lit up and he tapped a thoughtful and unkempt claw against his chin. "Hell, I dont even know where to start, Richard and everyone used to tell me about it when I was a pup but I still have so many questions. What are plants like?" He asked exitedlt. " I mean, I heard green and soft but that cant be it."

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2015, 01:58:27 AM »
Jacobs eyes grew wide as the medic hooked him, clearly intent on dragging him into that hell hole. He wasnt hurt, she couldnt just bring him in could she? COULD SHE? But he already knew the answer, it was yes, she could, and the fact that he had yet to be touch by anything mechanical made him a prime candidate. His fast thinking tended to save him in situations like this, and the fox quickly thought up a lie. "Im sure they are ma'am, but I had to run down to the chief engineers office after this delivery for something important, and if I miss that dead line hes going to be pissed. " He tried pulling back on his arm that was firmly in her grasp, planting his feet and stammering "S-so maybe w-w-we could meet the doctors sssome other time?" Oops. He mentally kicked himself for studdering, knowing he just revealed his nervousness.

Andrew continued the hot flame down the other side if the jagged metal,  contemplating the question while the metal seared off. "Plants. Well, they arnt just green, not all of them anyway. Things like flowers are all different colors." He stopped for a moment, wondering if Jackson knew what a flower was. He explained anyway, just in case. "A flower is something truly beautiful, usually pop up in the spring after weather clears up like a field of rainbows. Smell good too, many fragrances that fill the air. Then there are things like trees and bushes, varying in species. Trees are tall and all green at the top, but change color during the fall to beautiful reds and yellows and oranges and browns." He paused again, smiling to himself. "Ive almost forgotten what that looks like. Almost." The shark continued back on his work, cutting off the last jagged edge and leaving a square hole where the parts blew out, ready yo be covered and welded again. "Sorry if its not much of an explenation, but there is a lot to cover on that subject."