The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EverE Industries  (Read 12807 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: EverE Industries
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »
Duernab continued to smile, and tapped his claws against the wall. It was unfortunate for Barrett that Duernab did not give a damn if he actually WANTED to talk. In fact, the fact he didn't was half the fun.

"So what? did high command tell you you couldn't do anything? or did you just Wuss out?" The tiger punched Barrett on the arm playfully "I tell ya, runners? boring! can't do a thing to em, its the jobs on the assembly lines you want! nobody cares if you hit one of them a little too hard!" Duernab grinned evilly. "or do you care about those numbers too much to rough em up a little?" He purred. "Of course,  old Barrett the puppy, always the softy!"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:18:47 PM by Angder »
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 03:35:50 PM »
"I did my job." Barrett said laconically "its not my faul I'm not a brutish, addlepated moron, like you."
He gave no obvious signs of tensing, or even looking at Duernab. He figured he would either lunge at him with his claws, or his jaws. Both of which could be easily countered. That is, if he even wanted to fight. But, knowing duernab, he would fight. He would give some long, tough speech that was just hot air. Or just simply try and punch him. He knew his type, he had to deal with them all of his life.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 04:07:45 PM »
Duernab looked at Barrett, looking hurt "Oh Barry! I thought we were friends!" he exclaimed, trying to hold back his laughter "Do you even care how I feel?" The tiger grinned nastily "Of course I guess its also not your fault that you are something... SOFT!" The tiger took a step back "Look at you, when was the last time you even hit someone at full strength? Your the laughing stock of the factory!" The tiger looked at Barrett. "Tell ya what, why don't I find some way to sharpen those claws of yours? Some dirty work to pass on to ya, make a real dog out of ya!" He lightly punched Barrett on the arm again.

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I am not crazy. I have never been tested.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mutant Coyote
  • Coloring: blue/grey, dark brown, golden/brown, white
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 124lb
  • Build: Short, curvy, animalistic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Trying my hide off
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
Jackson whatched the unfortunate soul of Andrew retreat from the chief engineer's office, surprisingly unscathed given the sounds and conversation Jackson had heard through the door. He sighed and trotted up alongside the fellow, offering a friendly smile, an odd look given the horribly disfigured features that made it up. "Dont mind him too much, that lazy sack of hair and smoke probobly wouldnt even be willing to get his ass out of that chair to drag it up to Fem's office to report you." His face fell slightly at the mention of the CEO's name, especially her nickname. He shivered a little. Some things never change. His smile was bright and sympathetic again in a moment as they reached the machine and he looked it over. He gave an impressed whistle. "Man you've really got a hell of a miracle to perform for this baby." He turned to Andrew. "I could help ya fix it up if you'd like, she ain't a total loss."

Victoria trotted up to the scene of the explosion, the effects of the field weak enough do her to at least suffer them without showing it too much now. The place looked like a bomb was dropped. She took a sharp breath in and let it out slowly. These kinds of explosions happened here almost on a monthly basis, the one that had taken her eye and leg was only a little bigger than this, and in a different kind of machine, she still felt for the injured workers none the less. She grabbed the burlap pack on her back and swung it over her shoulder and into the floor, where it opened to reveil various tools and spare parts. Admittedly she had been pretty out of it in the supply room so she didnt know how much would actuolly be useful but she put on a dumb, triumphant smile anyway and just waited for one of the engineers to come pick through it themselves.

Jackson spotted the newly arrived runner and began to make his way over to her, becoming Andrew to follow. He picked gingerly through the objects, gathering a few in a pile at his paws and tossing the others over his shoulder for the other engineers to tinker with. Eventuolly he looked up at Victoria and smiled. "Would you actuolly mind rumning to the scrap heap and bring my friend here and I some scrap metal"

Victoria cocked her head in confusion, puzzled by the request. "Th-the scrap heap? Are you sure? I could go get you some different parts if you need them just-" she was cut off by a violent shake of Jackson's head. "Nah, we need scrap metal, stuff that ain't useful anymore." Victoria was still perplexed but eventuolly shrugged it off. "Well, then, how much do you want?"

"As much as you can carry! And make two trips!" Jackson said excitedly, sounding like a puppy. As Victoria retreated her bag and set off in her out of the ordinary mission,Jackson turned back to Andre with a eide Fri and a twinkle in his eye. "Im gonna show you how a real engineer fixes things."
WARNING: Likes to type obnoxiously long messages! Approach with caution!

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 01:50:55 PM »
"Well, ill have you knoe that I practice knife fighting in my spare time, and alsox as nerdy as it sounds, am competent with a European shortsword and shield."
He offered the  tiger a smal, sardonic grin
"And..." he gave a small.pat to a sick looking combat knife in a kydex sheath on his hip "I know of about... maybe thirty ways I could kill you right now."
He blew an annoyed breath out of his nose
"So kindly f**k off."

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 10:44:31 PM »
"OOO! bark? You have plenty of that! Look out for me, I want to test your bite at some point." The Tiger walked away from Barrett, tapping his claws against the wall while humming happily, just before turning the corner, he looked over his shoulder "Remember Puppy! try to have a little fun for once!" he then walked round the corner, sniggering to himself. Barrett. What a god-damn wimp.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 11:51:59 PM »
((Sorry for the TERRIBLE typing in that last post TT))
Barrett growled under his breath, watching as the tiger tapped away at the wall. That tapping, that infernal tapping, had meant many, many bad things for the shepherd, most of them had to do with duernab. Hell, duernab and Barret's mutual hate was quite well known, if a fight were to start, the ahepherd was fairly sure a few of his fellow giards would side with him. The smarter ones, at any rate.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2015, 05:41:10 AM »
Dispite Andrews burning anger, he couldnt help but crack a smile as Jackson walked up to him. "Its not that lazy ass getting up im worried about, cause i mean, god knows he wouldnt do that. No im worried about him radioing up to the guards to come beat my ass sensless, then throw me in the clinic and call it a day." He laughed. The good feeling didnt last long though as they returned to the machine, a look of half anger and half exhaustion creeped across the sharks face. "And eh thanks. Another set of hands could be really useful on this. To great minds right?" He stood back and scratched his head in thought, looking over the machine, which looked more like a kindergarten project then a press, as a runner came and went with supplies. Breaking his concentration, he collected a few parts left behind and grabbed his tool belt. "I hope that runner knows we need stainless steel, you forgot to tell her before she left. Also, that reminds me." Andrew reached out and grabbed another runner as he ran by.

A hand on Jacobs shoulder made him stop, nearly making him spill his package onto the ground. He hated when the engineers did that, just abruptly stop him like that, but then again it was his job to get anything they needed.  "I need you to grab two torches with full acetylene tanks, and some ignitors. Quickly, if you can." The engineer told him. The fox nodded, deciding his current delivery could wait for later, and headed off to the supply room.

As the runner left, Andrew walked over and dug his hands into the  blown out hole of the machine, digging out chunks of metal. "A real engineer eh? 002, if we ever get out of here, we are going to be the best damn engineers on this planet."
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2015, 02:39:06 PM »
Sanders indicated a table with 3 other people sitting at it, a cat, a snake, and the fox who was called 59. the one with the mechanical hand  "You are sure none of these people are..." Angder stammered... "Yes" Sanders stated, "I trust most workers to keep their head down even if they don't want to get involved... just stay away from Yind... she would give up her own grandmother if she believed she would get an easy life from it..." Sanders sighed. "You are probably not going to survive this you know..." Angder looked back at him "I have to try..." Angder stated "Even if it kills me"

He peered into his bowl, grey goop. same thing every day. Tasteless. artificial. He looked up. "So... Sanders told you the basic idea right" the 3 nodded, and then Frenix, the snake, spoke. "You want to plan an escape..." The cat, Krin, barely a teenager, shook her head and spoke "Its ambitious, I will give you that, but last time someone tried he well..." 59, the fox with a mechanical hand, smiled at Krin "You can say he was killed. no need to use codewords here" The snake glanced around frantically, then leaned forward "There are 3 doors out of here that we could plausibly use, the front entrance only opens to let new workers in, it is heavily guarded, but opens regularly and if we are quick." Angder shook his head "No way we can sneak through without being seen, and shot. exiting that way is practically impossible"  The snake sighed "Thought you would say that..."

"The second one I know of is in the guards barracks..."  The cat choked on her goop at that "WHAT? you can not be seriously saying?" The snake raised a finger to silence her. "Lightly guarded, not often locked... it actually looks quite promising if you ignore the location. someone small and stealthy COULD sneak out that way if they pick their timing correctly" 59 shook his head "If your caught you may as well break your own legs though" he stated "No way they would let a worker get away with sneaking into their place"

"The third option is we exit the same way metal comes in." Angder rested his head on his paw, and looked up at the snake "That is stupid, you would have to make it to the far side of the factory, and the door is guarded, AND you would need to..." Suddenly the cat spoke up "AH Yind! fancy seeing you here! you know... eating... when its time for..." 59 elbowed the cat, silencing her. Angder turned to see Yind standing right behind him. "I see there is a spare seat? mind if I sit down" she said. Angder smiled and tried not to look uncomfortable "Of course Yind, you are always welcome..."

They tried to keep talking about other things, tried not to act suspicious. Yind was a snitch, a grass, anything they said would go straight to the nearest guard. for all intents and purposes, their planning was over for the day. They would resume tomorrow...

Angder glanced nervously at 59's metal hand... for him, barely able to work? there might not be a tomorrow...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 10:02:02 PM by Angder »

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 03:50:27 AM »
Jackson chuckled. "And you bet im gonna be charging up the ass for it!" He turned and grinned brightly as he heard the bell-like clang of the runner again, the sound of her metallic claws distinct as anything. "I have to admit im a littlesurprised," he said jokingly as the smaller canine aapproached, panting under the wieght of the shrapnel on her bavk. "The runners may be the fastest things on this floor but they dont usuolly use that speed go much beyond getting their hides to safety."

Victoria gave an indignant snort as she set her things down but it had no bite to it. His observation was true of corse..... usuolly it just wasnt said out loud. She cought her breath for a moment more before being shoed of again for another load.

Jackson smiled at his new pile of raw material, eyeing it like a pup eyes a new toy. "Lets see what we can do with this lot......" he said wistfully, examining each peice. He looked up and around at the surrounding machines still in working order and locked onto one.the material was gathered up with a messy set of clans and he staggered off towards it, struggling with the load and dropping small peices as he went. He dropped by the maching. Letting the metal fall in a pile before him. He sifted it flat with his paws so that no peaches wear overlapping, and pushed the whole mess into the narrow gap beneath the chugging machine. It was dark and empty, not serving any perpose besides ventilation for the machine, but he could feel the intense heat against jis fur amd he withdrew his paws. He stood with a saticfied sigh and trotted back to Andrew, cleaning up the fallen scraps as he went. "This now we wait." He said with glee amd he took a spot next to the shark and began to reach his own working paws into the managed metal guts. "Parts like these cant much be of use anymore, " he held up a twisted peice of steel "so we gotta make new ones." He set the part aside in a small pile of similar objects that was begining to accumulate beside him. "Because ironically enough the biggest manufacturer of artificial limbs, military technology and weaponry, cant seem to make anything for it's own machines." He carried the new load over and retrieved the only one, carrying it back with care, deftly maneuvering mot of the carrying woth his already metallic hind leg. The claws made it very easy actuolly.

The metal was hot and malleable, but not melted yet, and with hammer in hand he auickly began beating it imto the rough sharp of one of the panels.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »
Shortly after eating Angder moved to his... bed... a sort of Sack laying on the floor, he was not sure what time it was outside, but in here time had little meaning anymore, so he lay there on the floor, looking at the 50 or so other workers in the same room, and went to sleep almost immediately.

One of the few advantages of being overworked. sleeping was actually surprisingly easy...

Meanwhile on the production-line, a Raccoon was working.

"Twist the top... in the machine... out the machine... on the conveyer belt"
"Twist the top... in the machine... out the machine... on the conveyer belt"
"Twist the top... in the machine... out the mach..." Something caught the raccoons eye, he reached for it, something hidden right under his work station...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:28:46 PM by Angder »

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »
Barrett sighed, blowing an annoyed breath of air through  his snout. He was bored. He wanted to play some sort of game on his phone, but he was on duty. He couldn't do that. So instead, he yawned, scanning over the workers with weary eyes. He was glad his shift was almost over.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 08:47:33 PM »
While Jackson worked on the metal, Andrew finished gutting the machine. He pulled out what was left of the gears and gear pins, and tried to reconnect a hydraulic hose which only succeeded in spraying himself with fluid. "Screw that, I would give dirt poor rates if it ment doing any work that didnt involve this place." He chuckled. He was sure both him and 002 knew it was never going to happen, but it was always nice to think and talk about, made the job seem to go easier. Yhe shark looked up as the other runner came, handing him a set of tourches before nodding and running off to probably finish his other tasks. "Heads up" Andrew said, tossing a torch over to Jackson. He looked back down at his, turning it on and adjusting the heat to an appropriate level. "Now lets see if we can do something!"
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 02:22:36 PM »
Kat stood in close line, head bent down, the sooty leather of another engineer's jacket inches from her muzzle. That was 490 and behind her stood 368, she could feel his shuddering breath warm against her neck. Even amongst themselves Riggers rarely knew each other by name, and so her true label was simply 501. No point in getting to know someone who might be dead the next day.

And here came the clank of shiny black boots on the catwalk, heralding the arrival of the Gang-Master. Something had gone wrong today down on the production lines. The smell of burning metal still filled the air and the Master was known for his short temper even at the best of times. He was tall, broad shouldered and reptilian with close-knitted grey scales under his uniform. On her first day here Kat had been told by other workers that he was a dragon. A Komodo Dragon in fact, and that a single saliva-ridden bite from him would leave you dead in hours. She believed it alright, daring only the slightest of glances up as he inspected the engineers closely.

"Fine." The Gang-master finally hissed, twisting an electro-whip in his clawed grasp. "You miserable dregs are fit for work, get to it!" And after a crackling lash of his whip the line of Riggers in unison stamped their boots with a thundering crash and bellowed the drilled response: "Yes Master, Sir!"

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:29:47 PM by KittKat »
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 10:12:51 PM »
Jackson smiled at the shark's good humour. Other m emebers of the factory usuolly weren't nearly this kind to his friendly chit chat. He placed aside another large slab of flattened metal, later to be applied as an external plate. He picked through the pile of gutted out patterning to find things that could be salvaged, or at the very least built apon. The eventuolly amassed mound was carried bavk over to his spot out of the way where he began to work again, barely having to look down thanks to the routine of it all. It was as easy as tying a boot. He glanced nav over his shoulder at his companion, flashing another unintentionally grizzly grin. "So where'd you come from anyway? I imagine you had a life outside this place at one point?"

Frost sighed, lounging out across the edge of the scaffolding as she whatched the engineers repair the carnage of an explosion bellow.  It wasnt fair! The other medics had swooped in and grabbed all the injured in seconds while she was stuck all the way over on the other side of the factory! Even at a full sprint everything was already clean by the time she even came within sight. Now there were just these engineers cleaning up, and the machine was too blown to bits to be functional so there wasnt even a chance they'd get hurt doing it. She ground her fangs in annoyance. If only one of them would just hit themselves woth something, or attack the other, SOME freak accident! She gave a huff and rolled over. It just wasnt fair.....