The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EverE Industries  (Read 13062 times)

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark Blue with white fur around The palms of the Paws
  • Build: Anthro.
Re: EverE Industries
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2015, 02:16:58 PM »
"Sanders says we should just stay put..." The cat mumbles. "Life is improving... we should just stay quiet. Head down. Accept things and strive for change by proving its better for the company..." The Fox shakes his head. "This place rives everyone mad in a slightly diffrent way. They call me 59 by the way, and this is Krin." The fox gestures to the cat. "The snake is Frenix. I don't think I caught your name."
  • Avatar by: A friend of mine IRL.
Angders weapons: Blizz - Burning Frost
Retired weapons: Blizz Tempest

All weapons were drawn by Zarc.

Please note that I have very little free time on Fridays.

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I am not crazy. I have never been tested.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mutant Coyote
  • Coloring: blue/grey, dark brown, golden/brown, white
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 124lb
  • Build: Short, curvy, animalistic
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Trying my hide off
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »
Frost grinned, her mind completely absent from the stranger in the corner, as she nodded and got to work.

Her movements with the blade looks violent and deranged, but if one were to look closely, she never cut anything she wasn't supposed to. Not even a nick. The sort of precision and controlled chaos that could come with utterly loving one's job after thousands of surgeries. She left occasionally for more tiny metal parts but would return in seconds, practically skipping with glee. She worked almost daintily with a needle, threading tiny wires instead of string, all around throughout the shark's brain. They thought about removing a replacing parts of the subject's brain when this concept was first proposed, but one extra smart medic years ago had stepped in and put a stop to it. Keeping the original brain intact and just changing up connections and such was so much more reliable. Inexperienced medics were scrambling brains left and right in the old days.

She looked up at her fellow surgeon with a pleasant smile, continuing to work with her paws. "Did you ever hear the reason we call this a 'Rewire?" She asked, her ears twitching casually as she tried to make conversation. She leaned over slightly, looking past her for a moment to also pose the question to the stranger in the corner. "what about you, carrot cake?"
WARNING: Likes to type obnoxiously long messages! Approach with caution!

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »
Riley groaned in annoyance and shook his head as he heard the use of a number for identification. "No don't use your numbers to refer to yourselves. Not to me. You aren't a number, you are a person. Alright?" He sighed and paused for a moment before speaking. "My name is Riley by the way, nice to meet you all I suppose."

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2015, 08:50:39 PM »
59 shakes his head sadly. "I wish I could"

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:26 AM »
Akasha started in on the subject patient in her own sorry of disturbing display. The leopardess lacked the violent cuts of her hybrid colleague, but instead possessed an unnerving speed. First, the flick of metal on a sterile tray and a scalpel swiftly cut down the front of the shark's chest. Then the feline swiftly pulled back the skin and clipped it back. The small power saw was in her grasp in a heartbeat. Every quick, precise movement hinted at something dangerous within; the look in her eyes when she turned the saw on did more than hint at it, though.

Without any particular care for any sort of professional composure, Akasha sawed right down his chest plate and pulled the two sides away from each other with a few grunts and a snarl of great effort. Once she had the insides of his chest cavity exposed, she smiled, a look of supreme satisfaction. "Well, well. Looks like Fem broke part of his rib cage too." There was indeed a visible fracture, though it was fairly minor. "Bone just doesn't grow back as strong though, and he'd be in partial traction to make sure he didn't re-break it. We ought to just replace it really.." The feline was looking for an excuse, to be sure. Glancing at the old lizard Frost had found before Akasha, he merely shrugged and nodded.

As the feline went to fetch a new chest plate made from a light metal alloy she caught Frost's question. "Something to do with old practices, I believe. They literally use wire, so that's probably it." Akasha glanced to his other lung, undamaged and thought for a moment while feeling over a an area on her lab coat. The feline snapped out of her reverie and got moving on the replacement lung apparatus. It  was disturbingly quick work. Akasha was clearly very comfortable with pulling apart and reassembling people, as well as experienced.

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2015, 01:30:21 AM »
Frost's smile widened at the leopard's answer, not many people knew the real reason, unless they were close to Fem. "You would think that, wouldn't you? I guess it's kind of true. If you ask auntie Fem though, it's actually named after a shepherd mix who used to work here apparently." Frost continued to work idly, stringing more wire's through the shark's brain and connecting them with staple-like clamps so tiny that they had to be held with a pair of tweezers in order to even be handled individually. "She was one of the first ones they ever really did this on, but it was really flawed. She tried to kill herself by shoving her head into the components of one of the machines and got half of it totally shredded!" She stuck her tongue out in a look of goofy disgust, though it was clear it really exited her more than it grossed her out. "They had to rebuild like a fourth of her brain and replace one of her eyes. It was done awfully though! There were a bunch of exposed wires and it was always dirty and infected and oozed gross blood and puss all the time!" Her face became genuinely disgusted. "Not to even mention she went totally bonkers! Fem said she used to run around the factory telling everyone that her eye could see the future!" She giggled, getting into the excitement of her story-telling and speeding up her work. "She couldn't remember her own name, and no one else knew it, so they all just called her 'Rewire'." She paused, snipping off the excess the wiring and beginning to sew the finished product of her surgery up. ".....she ended up dying later when she fell off the scaffolding one day and landing in the components of another machine, nothing left but a nice pile of ground doggy!" She whipped some blood from the stitch on the shark's forehead. "I don't think even we could fix that."

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »
Riley stared at 59 in silence for a few moments. The silence was seemingly impenetrable and all consuming. His eyes were piercing and filled with fire. Suddenly his fist hit the table, causing it to jerk a little. He spoke with his teeth gritted to force himself to keep his voice down. "That's just not right. You're stripped of everything, even your identity and with that you lose your dignity and then your own self worth. That's unacceptable, I'll do something about this someday. I just have to wait. The moment will come, whether it takes five days or fifty years." He relaxed a little as he finished speaking, he felt it was better to let that stuff out when you can, never bottle it up.

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2015, 03:06:07 PM »
"Angder said the same thing." 59 said sadly. "I don't even know what I was, let alone who." He points at the plate on his head. "God knows what they did to me, and why."

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2015, 03:49:17 PM »
Riley glanced up at the metal plate as 59 pointed to it. "They did that to you? Like...the guards, they did that to you? How did they even?"

Offline Angder

• Quizzical Quail
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2015, 04:20:47 PM »
"Not the guards. The medics. Trust me. The guards make the medics look soft."

The snake returns with a few bowls of grey goop, and passes them around, there is an extra one for Sanders, he was still talking quietly

~~~

Angder left the training room, exhasted, he heads for his new room, feeling... unreal. Like he was dreaming.

He knew it was real. but as he walked, his mechanical leg clanking against the walkway, the gun on his back... below he saw the workers, not his shift thankfully... his shift. their shift.

Angder finds himself grinning. No more being beaten no more eating grey goop. Angder rests his hand and wrist on the railing, and listens to the factory. his hand tightens on the railing. he looks down at the people. Workers, except one, a fox... in uniform. A guard.

What was he? What had frost done to him? The fox below grabs a worker off the line, Angder could not see what had been done wrong, but the fox obviously could.

There is a creaking from the railing.

There was a short argument, the fox was yelling loudly, and reaches for his baton.

The railing snaps, Angder looks down at the broken bit of metal in his hand, he makes one last glance down at the worker on the line, and then moves away, leaving the bent broken railing. blotting what he had just seen from his mind.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:12:25 AM by Angder »

Offline Jacob Hail

• Foxy Fox
  • The one and only fantastic Mr Grayfox
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Grayfox
  • Coloring: Normal color and markings of a grayfox, save for the right ear which is all orange
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 130ish
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: The grayest fox
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2015, 05:44:44 PM »
Blood and gore had never bothered Jacob in the past, but this... this experimentation, made him sick to his stomach. And he had to listen to what Frost was saying without trying to show his queasiness. "So this worker is going to go crazy?" He questioned, shifting the weight on his feet as his nerves frayed a bit more, realizing the situation could get worse. 104 was one of the only ones who knew of his disguise, and if he lost his mind he could very easily blow it.
Thats it! Your flesh is now forfit to the impending doom down yonder in the horse fields!

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2015, 07:22:22 PM »
Anny looked around to make sure no one was watching as she slipped a piece of chocolate into the grey goop to make it taste slightly better and chowed down.

------

Quinn was also in the room but he was on guard duty. He was distracted though as he watched Anny eat, slightly angry at how wrong this was. Guards often got better food than what handed to the workers and he wished he could hand his off to Anny. However he needed to eat to and it was already hard enough to get candy to her. Maybe one day this company won't be so cruel.
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline AJ Fawxe

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fynx (American Fox/Lynx)
  • Coloring: Blue and white
« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2015, 11:56:48 AM »
As Akasha was finishing up her end of the new lung apparatus, she had the chest plate prepared. "Oh no, he won't go crazy. Those were different days." Akasha explained the situation in a very bored manner. It was clear she didn't really want to have to explain this. At least not when she was in the middle a such a great operation. "Well.. I mean. He could go crazy. Everyone responds in their own way. For the most part, though, things are re-wired so thoroughly that the subject thinks and remembers what we want them too."

Akasha looked to Frost, "Darling, could you write the apparatus into the nerves? I'd hate for you to miss out on any fun. Quickly glancing back to the greasy medic in the back she smiles and then watches Frost work. As the hybrid busies herself with the last bit of work. From that position it would nearly impossible for anyone to notice her pull a small cylindrical injector and press it to the shark's last real lung. "So," Akasha continued as she slipped the injector into her inside pocket, "I believe we are about done. Just let me finish the chest plate." The process of detaching the rib cage was a quick, but sickening thing for most watchers. The attachment of the synthetic piece was just as quick though, and less messy.

Offline Cinder42

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: September 09, 2015, 12:21:52 PM »
Frost nodded along with Akasha. "Yeah, he'll be a regular 'boy next door' when we're done with him!" She chirped cheerily. "Like I said, we don't even move anything in the brain around anymore, just tweak some things." She connected the last of the tiny wire filaments linking the lung apparatus into the rest of the nervous system, before lending her paw in the reattachment of the ribcage. She smiled and hummed as she began to sew up the wound, checking her manors and offering the needle to Akasha when she was half-way through to let her finish the stiches. It was one of the few bonding behaviors medics in this place really shared oddly enough. a bizarre workplace tic to be sure. However, all the longtime medics seemed to be familiar with and almost automatically sew only half of a large cut, before handing the needle off to their college.

Frost's eyes wondered again to the medic in the corner though as she let the leopard work and she couldn't help but let her fur bristle. This guy seemed so familiar.....

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: September 09, 2015, 03:01:04 PM »
"The medics huh? Guessing these aren't just people who fix you up after work related injuries or a brush up with an angry guard. So tell me more."