The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: "Humans are the Absolute Good" and misanthropy  (Read 1773 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: "Humans are the Absolute Good" and misanthropy
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2015, 02:06:40 PM »
             IMDB score: 7.9 (Rated by audience (not critics))
             Rotten Tomato: 83% (82% audience score)

Not hated at all. Again, instead of just saying "EVERYONE HATES THIS MOVIE", perhaps provide evidence for that, it'll save me time from happening to look it up for you  T_T

HTTYD 2 and Monsters university were two examples that are recent that I put on there to. Her counts because it is a non-human and the whole movies was about the ability to love something that is non-human.

Lets see in terms of video games, WELL

- We have the Rachet and Clank series, very highly rated, doesn't involve humans at all
  - Sonic the hedgehog, very popular series. Recent games are hated, but not because of the fact sonic is a hedgehog, just cause the games are poorly made.
  - A whole bunch of nintendo games that are still super popular today, like star fox for example
  - Conkur's Bad fur day is still super popular, even getting a rebootish game that's coming out soon on Spark
  - Earth worm jim is an old game but still popular
  - A wolf Among us is a recent game by Telltales, while strictly NOT animals you do play the fairytale personification of a wolf (you turn into a wolf in various scenes), very popular game.
  - Sly cooper is still a popular and highly rated franchise, I believe a new game came out recently
  - Spyro, old game but still has a cult following

There are a lot more where you play with friendly non-human characters as well, including Zelda, Mass Effect, and stuff like that. So here's just a short list, there are many more but I can't think of them right now.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2015, 11:47:11 PM »
Well, it is my belief that it's not just humans that are evil, it's a just plain biological thing.
there IS no such thing as an objective good, and an objective evil. Your biases tend to make you see things in a certain way. (hitler and his followers thought he was a pretty cool guy; no-one fights for a cause they don't believe in.)
now I'm not saying I'm COMPLETELY free from bias, but I do like to say that I give people another chance.
but I digress.
Animals would do the exact same thing, given our technology, and intelligence.
If animals were so benevolent, then why are there pests? why is there invasive animals? Just face it. Every single living thing out there would sacrifice any other living thing for itself.
The only reason we really have any self sacrifice at all is because people believe it will better them; they will live on for being "valorous" or some such term. or, after they die, they will go to heaven, and have everlasting life. the reason why some animals have "packs" is because it increases the strength of the individual; a sacrifice for the pack is really a sacrifice for yourself; by doing this, you are expecting your pack-mates to do the same.
[/size]but again, I digress. TL;DR: Animals are butts too.
Except I NEVER see animal lovers or activists actually portrayed in a good light anymore. In addition, I see quite a bit of media where the "hero" is a hunter. The fact that the main character in The Hunger Games hunts for a living ruins the entire story for me, I can NOT accept a hunter as a hero. Sue me. And yes, I know why she hunts. She does it to feed her family and yadda-yadda-yadda, but it's not why she hunts that pisses me off, it's that I'm sick and tired of seeing animal lovers portrayed as evil, while animal killers are "heroes."

I'm sorry, WHAT?

the fact taht she is a hunter really becomes tangential to the plot later on; it's a skill that she has.

and another thing, How can heroes of most blockbuster action movies NOT be hunters nowadays? how could someone in THG NOT hunt, at least a little bit?
Answer me that.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 08:01:27 AM »
I think this is as far as the thread will go. We've more than piled up circumstantial evidence against the initial point of the topic, and yet it seems to make absolutely no headway. There has been next to no incidents of accepting a point, and the lack of factual, unbiased evidence to support the idea of the topic is beyond blatant. All I see is this trend going in circles for weeks, and then people getting frustrated at the blatant denial of evidence that goes on. I distinctly remember an occasion or two where members became obviously frustrated at incidents exactly like these. They turn more into 'ethics debates' than rant threads anyway, and that in itself goes against the point of this board.

For the sake of it, we of the staff have decided to lock this thread due to the debate-like nature and the tail-chasing rebuttals that'll inevitably end with someone tired, irritated and, undoubtedly, pissed off.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:03:32 AM by Nick Sintari »