The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: So, Facebook deleted this status I made...  (Read 541 times)

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Looking for friends
So, Facebook deleted this status I made...
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »
Here's the status I made:

So apparently, there's a bunch of gay people who are against gay marriage. They claim that, by gay people marrying, they're "conforming to heterosexual & religious standards". And a bunch of other bullshit.

Well, I have a message for them. It's great that you're a gold star non-conformist faggot who wants to disown anything heterosexuals do. But perhaps a lot of us actually are religious or even have values that include getting married, regardless of whether straight people do it or not or if it's considered "normal". You know what? I'm sure that at least 90% of the products you use were made by heterosexuals. Better go live in the wilderness then!

Seriously though, don't try to force your militiant non-conformist attitude onto others. You don't want marriage? Fine, don't get married. But for those gay people who want it, let them do what they **censor** want. Thank you.

PS- For anyone wondering, yes, these anti-marriage gays are from tumblr.

PSS- there's also apparently a bunch of black people who won't buy anything from a company not black owned and operated but that's a separate issue I won't get into.

Facebook said it was "against [their] policy" and deleted it.

How the **censor** is that against their policy??? There's nothing illegal in that post at all! No violence, drugs, rape, pedophilia,... I was stating my views on an issue. And it got deleted. Wow.

Meanwhile, I've made posts about homicide and suicide, and those don't get deleted.

I'm so done with Facebook. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
Re: So, Facebook deleted this status I made...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »
Wow, that's kind of bogus. The opinion is completely valid. GG facebook.

Offline Poli "Lissy" Drax

• Meles Draco / Hyaenidae
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • PM me, if ya ever wanna chat!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Badger-Dragon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black and white badger fur
  • Height: 5”9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: Slim and lanky
  • Currently: Forever hungry.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:09:32 PM »
I think the block from facebook is less from the content of the message but rather the means of which it was stated. "Faggot" is seen as an offensive term, obviously, so it may have been flagged for that reason. Perhaps a different wording of it would have given a different approach?

The opinion is entirely valid, mind.
Life is simple, sweet, but endlessly complex. All we can do is explore.

Offline Grovygrunge

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I am just some guy. That's 'bout it
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White and blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Currently: Being current.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 11:10:05 PM »
^ That's a good point. I didn't notice it as the word doesn't mean anything to me anymore due to it's overuse in schools for just dumbass and other things

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:23:14 PM »
The way I see it, if people are offended by your post, then they can just stop following you lol. Censoring you is ridiculous because nobody is being forced to read your posts.
  • Signature art by: Teiko

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 08:54:27 AM »
The way I see it, if people are offended by your post, then they can just stop following you lol. Censoring you is ridiculous because nobody is being forced to read your posts.
Exactly! But for some reason, people hate me and love to treat me like garbage and try to make my life a living Hell. So they actually go out of their way to make me miserable. This is why I hate everybody to begin with.

Offline Poli "Lissy" Drax

• Meles Draco / Hyaenidae
  • Boisterous Bear
  • PM me, if ya ever wanna chat!
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Badger-Dragon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black and white badger fur
  • Height: 5”9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: Slim and lanky
  • Currently: Forever hungry.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
Hate to be that guy, but it's unlikely it was flagged by just anyone. Facebook might have an automatic service in place to prevent cyber bullying that auto-flags statuses with that sort of content. You never know.
Life is simple, sweet, but endlessly complex. All we can do is explore.

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 08:33:51 PM »
Hate to be that guy, but it's unlikely it was flagged by just anyone. Facebook might have an automatic service in place to prevent cyber bullying that auto-flags statuses with that sort of content. You never know.
Plenty of other people post the word "faggot" and don't get their posts deleted, so it shouldn't be that.

Honestly, I'm thinking it had to do with the last sentence, about the black people (even though the post wasn't based on that). The black people on my friends list get offended by EVERYTHING. Hate to sound racist but it's true. They always bitch at me for the most trivial shit. I said "nigga" in a post once and they threw a bitch fit.

Offline Teiko

• Handsome wouf!
  • Eager Elephant
  • Species: Wolf Angel
  • Coloring: Dirty Purple / Grey
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: AT FIELD MAX POWER
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 09:24:23 PM »
Lol... if it was removed because of the black people sentence, then I hope they would have done the same if it had been "white people".

• Signature art by: Teiko

Offline asterisk

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 02:39:42 AM »
Lol... if it was removed because of the black people sentence, then I hope they would have done the same if it had been "white people".
Of course not. It's funny, because when I make a status about anything else, they don't comment or even care. But the minute I say anything about black people, they leave comments. It's so weird how that works. I wonder if they spend their free time searching everyone's statuses for "racist" comments against them.