The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Knox County  (Read 6427 times)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Knox County
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
"Day six........Knox County..............army...........camps..................relatives..............citizens.......... ......return home...............forcibly dispersed. The President..........statement.... ....calm...........Republicans..........quick to attack...............agenda.........communication...........no fly zone...............................nature...........outbreak.........US forces..........crowded streets...townsfolk.........living....normal."
The Black furred shepherd sighed, turning his head away from the radio. Just about the only thing he could guess would be fully true would be that the government would be forcibly dispersing someone. The rest of it? Lies. Things in Knox county, in his home town of Muldraugh, Were most assuredly not normal, by any stroke of the word. He too a brief look outside his window. Those streets were crowded, alright. But not with anything that had half a damned mind. Those things out there, All they wanted was to eat him. And they would pound on his safe-house doors day and night until they got what they wanted. There had been multiple times when he had considered giving himself to them, to be rid of their incessant moaning. Or at least to not be able to process it other than a signal for food. But the idea of being one of them, of the walking dead, scared him. To roam the countryside searching for his meal was something he did not want to do. Granted, he would likely be doing that in a few week's time, but he had the luxury of deciding between a squirrel and a child.
The shepherd sighed again, watching he mindless ghouls amble aimlessly about for a moment before picking up his rifle, and plodding over to his HAM radio.
"Hello, hello, hello!" he sad into the microphone "This is Marion Sibley, Broadcasting from 788 Redford street in Muldaugh. Anyone there, I'd Rather like it if you could come over. I've got a special spot all warmed up for ya! Especially if you are a lady. Or a guy. Or whatever, please, just come here, yeah?" He let out a small chuckle, invisible to the Microphone
"Anyways, my daily schedule dictates that I spend an hour or two on this radio. So yeah, I'll be here, waiting. For anyone, really."

He sighed, pulling out his AR-15 and running through a step-by step cleaning process into the microphone just to talk. To keep him sane. which he needed, he really needed.

((OOC thread on the way!))
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:42:21 PM by Naismith-Shepherd »

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Heart Thorns

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Draconis
  • Coloring: Crimson with Cyan highlight
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 153
  • Build: Average build, not in either extreme
Re: Knox County
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 03:24:52 PM »
As Jon was boarding up his iron reinforced door, he could hear the sounds of those "creatures" growing in number and proximity. He suddenly got the feeling that with no where else to go, this was the last day for him. Suddenly his radio receiver turned to life, and a voice hard to hear, yet clear enough to understand. Not having a microphone for it, he took parts from around his house and Jurry rigged one up for temporary use. As soon as he plugged it in he heard a loud noise that sounded like a rifle to off. Taking the chance that he could still be reached, " Hello?! Are you ok, or at least alive? I just need something to know that this trip will be worth the effort. ". Said Jon as he know sits waiting for the voice on the other end be heard.
Some random dragon dragin' his way through the internet

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
Marion's eyes widened. Some actually answered! Someone was alive! "O-oh yeah I'm here, I'm here! Like I said before, 788 Redford street."
He paused a moment, choking back tears. It had been less than a week, but each and every one of those days had been alone. He  definitely wanted some sentient contact.
"I'm safe here. Un-wounded." He paused a moment, realizing that that person could be a bandit, lying to gauge of stealing his things would be worth it. "a bit low on supplies... But I've got something. I'll break out my old whiskey bottle for ya!"

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Heart Thorns

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 02:16:43 AM »
The radio whiz zed to life once again, confirming the voice's location and fact of being alive. Jon responded; "I think I might need that whiskey by the time I get there, I think am going to die if I stay here, I'll be in my way by 3 AM to make sure these things don't get me. Hopefully I do-" the radio broke into an explosion of sparks and plastic. The only thing tha he could do was head on over once it go to be dark time. The alarm started beeping at 3 AM. As soon as it started he threw it out he window inhopes tha the batteries would last long enough for them to be attracted to it. Thankfully 3 hours of plans in the working had paid off allowing him to make the sprint the the man 3 blocks down. As he approached the adress he made sure they didn't notice him yet. He thenknocked one of he side windows. Hopefully his was the right place.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 05:45:24 AM »
"Alright!" he said, smiling. Three A-"
He was cut off all of the sudden by a loud crash, and then the person stopped talking for no apparent reason.
"h-hello?"
He sighed, shaking his head and quickly assembling his assault rifle. The best he could do would be to wait until three AM, when the person said he would arrive.
He had accidentally fallen asleep, and was awoken by a knocking noise on a window near him. He drew the hood on his anorak, and walked over to him, his rifle trained on the man's head

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Heart Thorns

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »
As Jon knocked a second time the window opened but this time all he could see was the barrel of a rifle. He stepped back a bit, then whisper yelled, "Hey, it's me from the radio, I don't know if this is the right place, so if you don't know what I'm talking about then i'll leave." Jon stood there waiting for an answer but didn't didn't get one so he moved into the dark more so he couldn't be identified if this was the wrong house."Hope fully this is the right place..." He said to himself as he sat down on the grass watching the creatures move across the road, and making sure the man by the window was still there.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »
"In." He said simply, his hood obscuring his face "though this doesn't mean that I trust you. That, my friend, will take time." He lowered the rifle, though he still kept it aimed in his general direction
As you climb in, the first thing you see of his kitchen is that his house is furnished in a rather Spartan manner. Most of the wooden tables had been cannibalized to form wooden planks used to shore up his windows, a few camping stools spread about the room, most of them near the concrete countertops. You also notice that various bits of glassware line the windowsills, likely to act as a warning if any of the barricades are broken.
"Follow." He said, walking to a storage area lined with various cans of various things, from ammunition To baked beans.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Heart Thorns

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 04:37:47 AM »
As Jon followed the mysterious man he caught a glimpse of the radio if which was used to talk to him. Thus confirming that this was the right place, but why was he being so hostile? As he walked farther into the house it still stayed quite dark, not allowing him to see the appearance of the survivor, or Jon himself. But as they walked closer to a storage room, the light finally grew brighter and Jon could see that the survivor on the radio was a black German Shepherd, which Also most likely meant that he could see that Jon was a red about 8' tall Feral, Western dragon. They stopped a the entrance of the storage room, which was stocked with beans and ammo, mostly. "So, where'd you get the supplies to be able to be so well stockpiled? Or were you just a bean enthusiast?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:20:46 PM by Heart Thorns »

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »
- two years ago -

"I officially anounce that this is the best celebration for a promotion ever." Liam decreed in an offical sounding voice. The resturant was starting to wind down exept for his own table where his friends had gathered.

"Look at Liam,  you would think that he just got made head of the company the way he celebrates." Said a rather fluffy red fox, "How much are you actually making now?"

"About 25 cents more than my previous wage. But I get a fancy new office on the third floor behind the broom closet." Liam said with a smirk. He was still wearing his Office CO uniform. The dull grey shirt and black sweater vest clung tightly to his slender and rather lanky form.

"That doesnt sound like much..."

"It's enough to buy some dessert. Anyone want any?" Liam was greeted by a collected moan as his party clutched at their stomachs and avoided making eye contact with their empty plates.

"Honestly Liam, how can you still be hungry?" Asked a near by female pine marten with the same fur pattern he had, dark brown with a splash of red orange along his cheeks and under belly. It ran in the family.

"Hey, nothing wrong with endulging yourself everyonce in a while. And its a celebration so the calories don't count."

"Tell that to your gut, "his sister wrapped her arm around his neck and ruffled his head fur. "You are going to 'self endulge' yourself into oblivion you little rascal.

Liam laughed and pushed her away, "Yeah, like that will ever happen..."

-present day-

Leaning against the brick wall of the building with one paw and clutching at his chest with the other Liam tried to regain his breath.

It was only a miracal that Liam Grey had survived for so long. The only reason he was not torn to peices yet was simply due to his cautious nature. It certainly wasn't his physical prowess that saved him.

Liam would have described himself as 'pleasently plump'. He was one order of curly fires away from being labeled as morbidly obese before the out break began, surviving this long into the outbreak hasnt shaved as much weight off of his waist line as he would have thought...or hoped.

The very fat pine marten covered him self in a light blue dress shirt which had become torn and soiled. He didnt bother buttoning it any more and so left his midriff exposed.

His waist was adorned with a pair of cargo shorts and a blue and green messenger bag was tightly strapped to his back.

The marten craned his head around in a way only a marten or weasel could. His expression was paniced from the soft moaning he heard behind him. It seemed they had picked up his scent.

Finding his second wind Liam forced himself to move on.  This radio brodcast better not be some kind of recording for all the trouble he was going through to get there.

He swore he would be very cross with someone if they got him devoured by zombies because they were too lazy to turn off their station before they were eaten...

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 03:40:30 AM »
"Neither. Got lucky, found the house." he smiled briefly "owner was stumbling around with a missing arm... So I assume he gave it to me in his will!" He sighed, shaking his head.
He dropped the rifle into one hand, sliding the hood off of his anorak as he did so, offering the other for the dragon to shake
"Marion Sibley, Former police officer. You?"
Though he still didn't trust this dragon. And even though he may be bigger than him, he had a gun. And that makes him the biggest man in the room, even if he was four feet tall. Which is how he wanted to handle this, letting that guy into his home. He wanted to seem like he knew what he was doing, that he wasn't messing around. All of which he was doing, but he wanted to make sure the dragon knew it.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Heart Thorns

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 05:18:46 AM »
Jon could tell that there was still some hostility in the room, but for the most part it had dissipated. As he shook the Marion's hand he replied, "Jon Diem, former Engineer. Now, how about that offer of whiskey? I think I need a nice hard drink to comprehend this past week..."

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 03:57:32 PM »
The moans were getting louder. Despite the panic building up in his heart the fat bellied marten kept himself at a slow pace. He was so close to finding a safe place to stay Liam didn't want to blow it by turning a corner to quickly and plowing into a horde of unseen zombiee on the other side.

Using a key chain flash light and a map the marten came through a small alley way. Peering cautiously around the corner he saw what he thought must be the building he heard on the radio.

It was good fortune that he was staying in a car at the time of the broadcast. Cars were under rated  defensive positions in his oppinion. If you could find one unlocked, or find the remains of the owner near by, as rare as that was, they can make good hiding spots and most zombies had a hard time busting a car window with their bare hands.

Most.

Having found a car with ite keys still in the ignition Liam had listen to the car radio whrn the broadcast went out. Knowing that it was only a matter of time before the zombies got him on his own, Liam found himself here.

He planned to scope out the place first then enter.

The zombies coming up the alley behind him how ever pushed him to use plan B.

Dashing to the door the Marten banged on it with his fist in a clear shave and a hair cut pattern.

"Open up open up open up..." he said under his breath.

Offline Heart Thorns

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2015, 04:51:44 AM »
The sentence was interrupted by a series of loud knocks on the door. "Uh oh. Either there are zombies trying to get in, or someone really needs to get in. I suggest we go look and see." Jon said as he started to slowly walk towards the heavily boarded door.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 06:06:37 AM »
Marion nods, thumbing off the saftey on his rifle He quickly rushes to the door, and hearing human speech, opens it. He yanks the fat Martin inside of his safehouse, slamming the door shut behind him. Then, he rushes to the second floor, scanning the area to see how many zombies were following him. Fifteen. He could take them. But his rifle would make too much noise, which is why he had a silencer. But though it definitly silences the shots, They still make quite a bit of noise.
He could have the two people he just met help him.
yes, that's what he will do. but, he has no idea as to their skill with a rifle. or if they would just panic, and do something wrong. which is why he had beta blockers. They would reduce their heart-rate, make them calmer. yes, that would work.
So he ran to his medicine cabinet, grabbed two bottles of pills, then he rushed to his rifle room, grabbing two rifles. He would snpe them from the top of the house; he would likely be the best shot. so, without having said a word of his plan to either of them, he tosses them Kalashnikov style rifles, with two extra magazines. Silenced.
"Only shoot 'em if they get close!" he said "and take these Beta blockers!" Then, he ran back up stairs, and set up in his little hidey-hole, taking a first, measured shot at a lynx with half of her scalp flopping on her face, looking something like a twisted hood, complete with dripping ichor. The match grade .223 bullet hits her right in the skull, tumbles through, creating a fine, pink mist behind her.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 06:20:35 AM »
Liam squeeks in terror as the door opens suddenly. The dog pulls him in so quickly he almost thinks that he had just been grabbed by a zombie.

The sides of the pine marten's stomach graze both sides of the door as he is pulled to, realitive safety.

Standing in the room a bit awkwardly in the corner Liam manages to blurt out, "Oh thank all that is holy that you are both alive! You will jot believe what I had to go through to-" The pine marten then has to scramble to keep the gun from falling to the floor as its tossed to him.

Liam stands there for a long moment, assessing the situation he has found himself in. Immidietly upon entering a room a crazy looking dog he has just met has tossed him a gun and told him to take a box of pills. Maybe the dog has been taking too many of these 'beta blockers' as the lable reads, maybe the dog is trusting, maybe he is just insane.

Either way the pine marten can only stammer, "W-what?"

And then he hears the first shot echo off. Even with the silencer the gun shot makes him jump.

Just what did he get himself into this time?