The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Alone at EF...  (Read 506 times)

Offline Zeldoran (Former Frozt, FroztFox)

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: White, black and green / Brown, cream, black, green
  • Currently: Hating school ._.
Alone at EF...
« on: January 13, 2015, 07:57:24 AM »
So, uhm...
I have always wanted to go to Eurofurence, and right now, i got all the money i need and EF 21 is open for booking.
I really REALLY want to go, it's just 2 problems in the way...

1. I have no clue who to go with. I would like to go with one of my close friends, however, Two are in the US, simply too expensive for them, Another of my friends who would like to go, are worried about the costs and is 17 witch is kinda annoying (wont be allowed entrence at day one for example), and well, the rest of my close friends around me dont even know i am a fur x3
2. Traveling. I have never traveled that far, and only traveled alone Within Sweden like one time, and then they were meeting me at the airport x)

I dont know if it would be fun to go alone, i am kinda shy when it comes to talking to strangers (unless they start talking to me first) so yeah... I REALLY wanna go! god dammit xD

Anyone with some con-experience who could share their view? x3

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
  • Species: aussie sergal
  • Coloring: black and purple
  • Height: 6 feet
  • Weight: 50 kilograms
  • Build: in shape
  • Currently: hello darkness my old friend
Re: Alone at EF...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:01:34 AM »
i havent gone to a con but enjoy it and trust me u want someone to talk to if u buy him wine uncle kage he will tell you stories and for the one whos worried about costs split the hotel bill and just have him pay for his reg and food
on land line is a inanimate object under water it has a life of its own

i have a very dry sense of humor be careful around me :D

• Eager Elephant
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »
Haha, yeah, to meet Uncle Kage is one of the manny reasons id like to go to this very convention ;3 (have heard most of his stories at youtube x3 *shame on me*)
Well, i offered to stand for the whole hotel cost. But the travel cost was still a problem :/

(some other reasons: First con should be a big one therefor EF was my choice, Meet new friends, Meet Kage and Foxamore)
(i dont know if 2 the ranting gryphon would be there, id like to meet him aswell :3)

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 08:10:01 AM »
yea uncle kage is always there so is 2 i happened to on a pure chance once ruin into uncle kage here in aus at the con confurgence here in melborne aus this year i was so happy i didnt have my id tho so i couldn't get a story from him :( but it was still great meeting him and yea i have a few of his story hrs from youtube and his winestreams

• Eager Elephant
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
Didnt you say you had not been to a con? o.O

Anywho, yeah, ive watched a few of the winestreams aswell.
Feels like that man can get a free drink wherever he goes xD

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 08:16:33 AM »
wasnt at the con itself i was meeting a friend that was going to cFg

• Eager Elephant
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 08:17:07 AM »
Aha, okay  ^_^

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 08:17:40 AM »
Hey Frozt, we meet again ;D

Well, not only am I a con-goer, but also a volunteer at a con myself (now as of late an official staff member, which is neat :) ).
It might indeed be difficult, especially if you don't have that much travel experience, let alone con-experience. I haven't gone to EF myself yet, even though I want to very badly, but I still plan to. Just waiting for when they would plan it around a time when Byracka is available too. I have been planning for a few years to go there now, and I spoke to several people/acquaintances/friends over that time too, and I think I've got a good and rough idea who I would go with.

If you're really unsure whether now would be a good time to go or not, then maybe you should wait a bit longer, see if you can find some friends who are willing to go there as well, but don't depend too much on them either, they could always decide not to go as soon as it's time to order tickets or something.
Aaaah, I'm bad at this ^^;
What I'm trying to say is, don't let the worried-ness get to you so much. However, it can potentially influence your time staying at Eurofurence. And it is a long time, especially for someone who hasn't travelled that much before (especially also in-country).
I don't want to make you sad/upset about the situation, for I am sure you can also make very nice friends at the convention. I think that is why you should go anyways.

See, it's kind of a two-reasoning way. And that's why it's hard for anyone to tell you whether you should go or not, because you're not sure either, even though you would really want to go.
I get it with the travelling though. In my case, I had t spend a few years just figuring out how I could travel (and not lose the way ^^; ) when travelling by myself with PT (Public Transport). Now that I have learned where to look for information, who to ask, I can apply that to anywhere. It was sure a lot easier to take a plane-trip once I had learned to apply that information ^^
But I wouldn't let that stop you. There should always be someone around to ask, look for information desks or such if you're really unsure. And at an airport (or train station) there are always electronic signs to indicate where you should go.

if you need anymore help on this, just ask :)

Anyways, regardless what you decide, I do hope you'll go, and not only that, but that you'll enjoy it at EF ^^
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 08:23:32 AM »
also and yes i know this aint a good joke but its not a furry con till the fire alarm goes off for some reason normaly fog machines cause it

• Eager Elephant
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 08:28:09 AM »
Hi ^^

Yeah. I know and ive been thinking plenty of it.
I think that it would be a very useful experience to do such a journey alone. I mean, its really close to Sweden, so problems should be solvable. Its mainly at a social state that i am worried. Worried that i will sit quietly alone in a corner for the whole convention xD

But yeah, i really think it would be a great experience, but i'd still rather visit such a con with a friend, cause i think i would get more out of it :S

<-- Loves traveling.
You know that i live in the same town as Byracka? :3

also and yes i know this aint a good joke but its not a furry con till the fire alarm goes off for some reason normaly fog machines cause it
Hahaha! i know xD

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 08:29:35 AM »
yea bad joke is bad after mwff last month and that hit me hard a few of my twitter followers whom i call friends where there plus a friend in canada and garm had friends there so i was worried like crazy

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 08:36:59 AM »
Yes, I know, I understood you two even had met not too long ago? :)

I mean, you could always go with me and Byracka once he would be available (I think he wouldn't mind...? *looks over shoulder*) if you really want to wait to go with a friend, or at least someone you know.

I'll tell you one thing though, I went to Minecon one time. It was because this so-so friend wanted someone to come. I really liked Minecraft at the time, but not really enough to go to a convention, or so I thought. I changed my mind pretty much last minute and decided to go. I didn't spend much time really with him, but more with a group of guys I had met at the convention xD
The three of them stayed in contact with me/us after we met and not too long after we decided to go as a group through the convention. Was pretty nice, and had some fun time. Much more fun than when I was just with my acquaintance/friend at the time. He was still a nice person at that time, but I still had a lot more fun with the other three people ^^
And that isn't too uncommon, but don't be afraid to say whatever comes to mind, Frozt. I know it's hard, trust me, I've been there. But please feel to talk more, anything you'd like to talk about, and switch it on-off with what someone else wants to talk about :)
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

• Eager Elephant
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 10:14:34 AM »
Yes we did and who knows, maybe...
Anywho, i wont have the money to go twise, at least not for a while. Either i go now, it TRY to hold onto my money for another year, witch will be very hard <.<
Also, i know for a fact that Kage is there this year, but what if he wont be there the next? He is ONE of my main reasons after all :3

When it comes to talking. I am not good at it, i often run out of things to say, mainly cause my life is quite boring x)
If someone decides to talk to me, and can bring up topics to talk about, i can be quite talkative. But yeah. Also, i feel awkward when approaching strangers. I am someone they do not know and have no interest in, who am i to disturb someones conversation? x3
I am quite shy and awkward x/3

Offline saph the sergal

• Noble Newt
  • a derpy sergal
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 10:20:18 AM »
kage is there every year hes invited they pay for his hotel and airfare or his bar bill and the charity is a animal shelter that was hit hard by a storm

• Eager Elephant
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 10:23:09 AM »
Yeah, i know, but still, what if he runs into some problem that will keep him from going (even tho i know he'd rather miss his own anthrocon before he misses EF ;3 )

Also, yes, i know of that poor animal shelter. Its really sad. Was watching their opening stream when they opened up for registrations and they showed both pics and vids of it (aswell as talked about it) They said they were thinking of inviting them and hold another chairity for them this year.