The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Space Mercenaries RP  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • People have put me down, but i get right back up.
    • Awards
  • Species: Kobold
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: 3 ft
  • Weight: 65 pounds
  • Build: Pretty pudgy
  • Currently: Feeling hungry.
Space Mercenaries RP
« on: January 12, 2015, 08:43:29 PM »
Hey everyone, i had an idea for an RP that i wanted to try.

So basically what it is thounsands of years in the future after our planet was finally destroyed by all the crap we have put it through, humans and furries have moved on to other planets, including planets outside our solar system. We have meet other alien races that we either have made peace with or have hated each other since first contact was made with them. However our main group is just a mercenary troop that travels from planet to planet working for whoever pays us the most. Your character can be human if so desire, but i doubt people will want to, or an alien race that has to be approved by me first. Basically anything you can imagine, furry or otherwise could be a race because we do live in a big galaxy and i'm sure there will be an abundant amount of races. Magic however, doesn't exist. There are some race that may have capability for psionic power, in other words psycics, but magic won't exist. So that is basically my rp in a nutshell, who would like to join?
  • Avatar by: Plasma-snake on Deviantart
Current fursona: Tina

Pet's name: Star
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: coyote
Re: Space Mercenaries RP
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:54:38 PM »
I might be interested. What kind of story did you plan to make?

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 11:50:28 PM »
The story is supposed to start with my character recruiting people to be his crew on a planet that i have not come up with name for. The planet is supposed to be a neutral trade port for a lot of the races that exist in this galaxy. So that is where we start, i have an idea for the conflict that may need to be refined a little but it seems like it could fit. The idea is that in this galaxy there is a very powerful empire called Hivaren, which is ruled by insects and arachnids. The empires goal is to rule the galaxy and assimilate all other races into the hive. I was thinking maybe they are looking for a set of powerful artifacts that increases mental powers such as psycics. The reason would be so the Hivaren queen can increase the range of the control she has over the minds of her soldiers. The range on her control has reached its limit, so she can't command soldiers beyond the borders of her empire. The artifacts in question would help her solve her problem and continue her conquest. I waa also thinking my character has one of said artifacts and doesn't know it and the Hivarens could end up attacking the trade port looking for it.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 07:12:28 AM »
That does sound interesting. I wont make any promises since i am being hit hard by rl at the moment but what kind of alts would i need to bring? Completely combat, non combat, mix of both?

I tend to favor more balenced alts full of snark and wit over unstoppable warriors :3

Post Merge: January 17, 2015, 08:43:58 AM
For this rp I think I will pull out one of my snarky character personalities. I've got a couple I use across all the site I play on. This is one of my favorites.

i'll put him here for a reference.

Name: Vannon

Species: Vixicarian (Vix-a-car-ian)

General appearence:

Most aliens tend to cut exotic forms and cut majestic shapes that inspire awe and wonder upon the masses.

This is not one of those aliens.

Vannon leans towards the opposite spectrum of space critters, the spectrum where creatures start to drift more into 'space monster' territory. He is shorter than the average human, maybe five to five and a half feet tall with a canid appearence.

He has a wolfish head with long bat like ears, and two antena between them. His eyes are large, completely red save for the black pupal in the center. His long snout is filled with sharp pointed teeth.

His pelt varies in different shades of greys, whites and blacks. His underbelly is composed of light grey scales. The tips of his antena are blue, as are the small but ridged reptilian spikes that flow down his back from the base of his neck to the tip of his very long reptilian tail.

His three clawed paws are all covered in dark brown scales.

The creature appears to lack muscle mass, his limbs are scrawny and his belly has the beginings of a pot belly growing under his scales.

Clothing / equipment:

Vannon wears the remnants of armor scavanged from the battlefield. A metalic red chest plate hangs loosly from his torso and leaves his sides and his middle mostly exposed. It has a trio of white paint marks running down the chest like claw marks neck to actual dents and scratches.

A simular set of armor adorns his hips and upper legs. A brown leather sash hangs down his front down to his legs.

As for weapons Vannon carries a pair of Sfarian repeating rifles. Made for a much smaller species they are like large  pistols in his hands. They appear to be made from various metals.

Personality: Vannon has a heart of fools gold. He considers himself to be witty and charismatic despite the fact that most conisder him an arrogant loud mouth. He is gluttonous, greedy, and has quite possibly the worst aim possible for a mercenary.

Depspite his many flaws Vannon has survived as a merc and body guard for some time and he has his good points...he just cant remember where he left them...

History:
   For an intergalactic warrior Vannon has led a rather common life. He was born to a small litter of 25 brothers and sisters and several hundred cousins on Vixic, home planet of the Vixicarians, a plannet known for its lush jungles, majestic plains, and stunning landscapes.

Until the Vixicarian people bulldozed them over to put make room for their industrial revolution fifty years back.

An industrial revolution that collapsed in on itself from corperate greed and miss management twenty years ago.

The vixicarian people were always considered little more than savagage by most and nothing but highly inteligent animals by others. With their econnomy in the lits and their planet slowly disolving into decay the Vixicarian people have become a mix of scavangers and warriors and merchants, branching out to the systems near them usually in one of the afore mentioned professions.

Vannon is not so different. Most of his family either eaten by bands of roving monsters mutated by the lingering toxins on his home planet or killed in less than glorious combat from...well, those who SURVIVE in such a plannet Vannon smuggled himself off world to strike his fortune out among the stars.

Saddly Vannon manages his finances just as well as his ancestors of old. The money he ears as a gun for hire, body guard, and merc usually ends up replacing his ammo, his armor, or goes for the ale and rich food that fills his greedy and ever growing gut.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:32:17 AM by coolcoyote »

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 07:22:12 PM »
I think its pretty cool, the only information i really need is what weapon your using. The weapons in the rp will generally be sci-fi weapons, so laser rifles, plasma guns, and basically most weapons you find in sci-fi.  Also from the sounds of it your species probably doesn't have an empire, so i don't think i have to worry about that. Anyway welcome to the Rp, we just need two or  more people to actually begin.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »
Ah yess weapons :3

Im thinking a Pair of plasma blasters will do. Off grey colored weapons made to be rifles for species much smaller than Vannon.

And he cant aim with either of them due to the fact that he is trying to fire two guns at once from the hip ^^

Also explosives. He wont start with any of course but if he picks any up as time goes on it can be his skill set.

Glad you approve :D and no, I'm thinking his species are mostly tribal in nature and generally hire themselves out as mercs to surounding planets. I can come up with some back ground if you want :)

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »
Yeah i think that would help since i don't know anything about them. :)7

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 01:34:38 AM »
I just edited my reference earlier. :3 added some clothing and back ground on vannons history and plannet. I think its a fair assesment that most empires have no desire to deal with the vixicarian homeworld, as allies or conqurers. XD

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 01:54:31 AM »
Except the Hivarens, they find a use in any race even as just using them as slaves. The reason the Hivarens are so dangerous is because they adapt quickly,  reproduce quickly, and don't feel fear. The leaders of the UGE (United Galaftic Empires), which i just came up with, has been putting off dealing with them because they are afraid. They let them conquer the nearby planets, hoping that the queen would run out of range on her command, which she did.  So yeah that's a little more story that i came up with. However all this story and planning won't matter if no one else joins. :( So lets wait  a little longer before we add stuff to the story, if you know people who might like to join please ask them or this rp won't even get off the ground.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 02:18:09 AM »
I know what you mean u.u ive had simular problems else site <.< some people may join up after the first post and they get a better idea of the setting :3

And feel free to mess with the Vixicarians as much as you need too ^^ I plan to use vannon else where so im going to consider this an alternate universe from other rps he will find his way into :)

Offline SilverSolstive

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 02:42:44 AM »
Name: Remulus Auditore

Species: Furry

General appearance:

Clothing: Fatigue pants and a black shirt.

Weapons: Plasma Rifle
                   C4
                   Dual Fusion Pistols
                   Dual Swords

History: Coming from no known family, Remulus makes a living being a mercenary. He met weapons at a young age over time getting better and more efficient with them. He'll hire himself out to anyone to kill anyone that is corrupt.

Personality: Soft heart covered by a hard shell.(Not literal.)
Kind to most, quick to rage, hard to stop.

I will find you, and I...will...HUG YOU!!

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 03:37:20 AM »
Ok i'm going to make a character sheet guidline. It makes things easier but  i will make it later cause i'm getting a little to tired to think  right now. Silver your character sheet is fine but it will need a few small edits just to clarify some things, otherwise your in. Now if anyone else wants to join, don't start right off the bat by making a character sheet, at least wait until i actually have a guidline. It makes things a lo easier.

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 05:31:09 AM »
*nods nods* feel free to start when ready ^^ no rush :3

Offline Tina

• Kuddly Kitten
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 05:34:30 AM »
We will start if one more person joins or i just get tired of waiting. Either way i hope this goes well.

Post Merge: January 18, 2015, 05:59:49 AM
Ok i think i have the character sheets figured out. Here they are.

Name: (what ever your race considers a name)

Age: (put it in comparison to human years, but you can't be immortal)

Gender: (if you have one, some races can be genderless or both genders at the same time)

Race: (if you have a your own alien race please give a description of it on a seperate poste or run it by me before making a character. Also if your going to be a normal furry, also call out what animal your related to)

Special qualities: (anything special you want to call out before hand. This includes things that most normal people don't have. The only powers that are allowed are telepathy and psionics, but races that have these qualities are normally physically weak and don't have as much training with physical weapons. Again no magic.)

Special skills: (what sort of talents you have, like engineering, medical experties, anything special. I will be making a pilot already as one of my characters so piloting isn't needed.)

Weapons: (plasma rifles, laser cannons, or even laser swords are allowed. Other related weapons are allowed.)

Appearance: (what you look like and wear.)
Personality: (a quick description doesn't have to be long)

Background: (at least start with something to build off of)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:14:35 AM by Overlord0822 »

Offline coolcoyote

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 06:36:49 AM »
Name: Vannon

Race: Vixicarian. Reptilian / canine and sometimes feline looking in appearence. 4-6 feet tall. They can come in various colors and fur patterns.

Special qualities: resistance to poisions and toxins.

Special skills: affinity with various weapons. Charisma, bartering.

Weapons: Plasma pistols.

Appearance: a  fox / wolf creature dressed in old and damaged armor. ( large description above.)

Personality: Vannon has a heart of fools gold. He considers himself to be witty and charismatic despite the fact that most conisder him an arrogant loud mouth. He is gluttonous, greedy, and has quite possibly the worst aim possible for a mercenary.

Depspite his many flaws Vannon has survived as a merc and body guard for some time and he has his good points...he just cant remember where he left them...

Background :  Coming from a planet spiralling into ecological and economic decay Vannon smuggled his way off planet to make his fortune in space.

He has been jumping from planet to planet as a self employed body guard, mercenary and part time adventurer. (Again summerized from above)