The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fen's drawings. :3  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
Re: Fen's drawings. :3
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »
Oopsies, sorry white ^^:

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »
...so only now a mod gets involved, wow.
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 10:05:31 PM »
Hey Fen,dont let hate bring you down,i admit i have used blank templates to do my own little tweaks and i feel that tracing is better then the thing i have done....my art sucks and yours is Obviously better then what i have done...dont stop because one person brings ya down....Just Keep Swimming and let the karma boomerang fly to them
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Fenox Helkiin

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I like being a pet. :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/husky/snow leopard
  • Height: 6ft 2
  • Weight: ~13st
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 10:51:28 PM »
Thanks red.
  • Signature art by: Jack Cringer

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2015, 12:21:29 AM »
There has been enough of a problem in this thread so far, and it has escalated too far, too quickly. Now I will say it as I have several times in the past.

Tracing is not acceptable to be posted as personal art on a personal thread. Using it for practice behinds the scenes is nobody's business, but posting it publicly is taking wrongful advantage of another's art for the sake of publicity, even if not directly intended for that purpose. The vast majority of artists place a "do not trace/copy" tag at the bottom of their image descriptions on websites like FurAffinity and DeviantArt because of instances like these. If you haven't asked these artists to use their work for public posts like these, you are acting without consent. If someone does not express that using their items is acceptable, you do not use them for anything like this.

Just because the artist hasn't shown up to say "you stop this" doesn't make it okay. I see no credit to the original artists, even if the originals are posted. Tracing can be used to learn, but it doesn't teach you as well as other methods. As many artists have said, "draw your inspiration from real life, and then change it around to suit your desired look. Doing this makes your art more believable, and more life-like."

At the end of the day, tracing is not your art, regardless of what you've done to it. It's a copy and edit of someone else's work, even with consent issued. One's own art is something they have painstakingly crafted on their own, without some guidelines on a sheet. Please be respectful of artists, and do not react with any degree of malice to critics. Your critics are your greatest teachers. Likewise, said critics are not "haters." They have every right to pass judgment to point out flaws and problems with works, because as I said, they are your greatest teachers. You must recognize your own flaws before you can improve.

And to elaborate on something...

...so only now a mod gets involved, wow.

We have lives of our own as well, Fenox. We are not problem solving robots with magic one-shot elimination buttons. We deliberate, we discuss, and we have to deal with real life just as well. The entirety of this issue has been drawn out over less than a day, and even then started out very tame, only to escalate to the level of a problem within the past five hours. Sometimes we catch things immediately, sometimes we take a while to notice; this is why it's a great help of users to report things they consider to be a problem, since it quickens our time to respond. Please do not be disrespectful like this in the future.

This thread is locked.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:26:15 AM by Sytex »