The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54203 times)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1680 on: March 15, 2018, 03:14:11 PM »
There's this one artist I watch.
Their art is really amazing, but they're also one of those artists who seem to get upset if their watchers aren't "active enough", so they posts passive-aggressive journals about it every other week or so complaining about it and being all "I'll quit yadayadayada" (With comments disabled, naturally.)

I don't know crap about art (and I'm also extremely shy/worried I'll just be annoying. They also appear to be one of those artists that won't accept anything but mindless praise, which makes it even scarier), so I usually don't comment much unless I commissioned the artwork in question.

I hate being made to feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I also don't want to unwatch them because I like their works.

I also feel kinda bad for saying this, but stuff like this kinda makes me wish FA had some sort of mute-system.

I get that it's really discouraging to pour your heart and soul into a piece of art (or well, not just art, pretty much anything, really) and noone appears to care about it, but acting all butthurt about it doesn't really help either.
I mean, most of their latest pieces have about 1000 views and ~10-15 comments.
I frequently see artists with bigger followings end up with far worse numbers than those. (Which is actually pretty sad.)
What exactly qualifies as "active enough watchers" to this person? Comments and faves from every single watcher they have?

*whinewhinerantrant*

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1681 on: March 15, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »
While ago I made a comment about myself in a casual conversation, where I said that my beard is more of a "too lazy to shave" kind of beard.

I regret this.

I want my beard back, and I never wanna shave again. I don't care what it costs me, even if I have to buy an expensive trimmer, and wash my face every hour to not become some unhygienic dude, I want it back please, I look terrible without my pubes on my face...

And then, a while ago, I found some somewhat old pictures of myself with a bit of a neckbeard, and wondered how I dared to take a step out of my home, looking like that.

Damn, I'm insecure about myself... >_>

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1682 on: March 17, 2018, 01:28:11 PM »
I've already dropped out of high school, I just want to get the damn GED over with so I don't have to worry about it anymore. But my state won't let you take it till you turn 18, also trying to lose weight and my body is crying cuz I've pretty much ended all junk food and am forcing myself to eat veggies. [size=78%] [/size]

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1683 on: March 22, 2018, 08:23:35 PM »
Craving hard-boiled eggs.
Hard-boiled eggs are good.
I hate boiled egg yolks and can't with those tho.
Feels awfully wasteful to only eat the whites.
Grrrr and stuff.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #1684 on: March 27, 2018, 02:09:19 AM »
The overhead fan is running because I accidentally pulled on the brass chain this morning, I hate trying to figure out how many pulls until it's off.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1685 on: March 31, 2018, 01:40:36 PM »
I can't find the case for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Trilogy. The game is in my ps4 but the case just disappeared. On top of that, my shelf that holds my VHS/DvDs/Blu-Rays/Games has finally filled up, my room is already filled with bookshelves, another shelf is not ideal.   

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1686 on: March 31, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »
I'm so comfortable sitting down here at my desk, but now I have to get up and clean my room, but I don't want toooooooo

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1687 on: March 31, 2018, 07:02:29 PM »
I already ate all the cookies.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #1688 on: April 03, 2018, 06:34:30 AM »
I friggen hate that like 80% percent of the time when I go to make a post or edit one, the textbox instantly removes the text and greys out once the page loads and won't let me type in it. I gotta keep refreshing the page until it works properly. What the hell is that? I have never had this issue until the last month or so. It really screws me when I want to make a quick edit to a post ASAP. Firefox glitch? Forum glitch? Who knows!

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1689 on: April 03, 2018, 06:37:01 AM »
This occasionally happends to me, but I just click go to the reply section instead of using the quick reply box.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #1690 on: April 03, 2018, 06:41:56 AM »
I almost always use the quick reply textbox first, and I never have the issue with that. My issue exclusively happens on the reply and modify page.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #1691 on: April 03, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
I friggen hate that like 80% percent of the time when I go to make a post or edit one, the textbox instantly removes the text and greys out once the page loads and won't let me type in it. I gotta keep refreshing the page until it works properly. What the hell is that? I have never had this issue until the last month or so. It really screws me when I want to make a quick edit to a post ASAP. Firefox glitch? Forum glitch? Who knows!

I've never had that issue before. We can look into it if you'd like to make a post in the Bug Reports board.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #1692 on: April 03, 2018, 02:03:28 PM »
I need to remember to eat.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1693 on: April 03, 2018, 03:46:34 PM »
I want salad.
But my kitchen could do with some cleaning before I start to mess up more things.
But I don't want to clean.
I want salad. >->

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1694 on: April 04, 2018, 02:47:20 PM »
I don't want to purchase a mouse for this laptop I carry with me to class everyday, but I know if I buy the mouse at Bestbuy it's going to disappoint me when I can get a much better quality one online in 2 days or so, for a hell of a lot less.