The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54256 times)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1590 on: December 31, 2017, 03:17:29 AM »
Yay! Looks good! Cool to see you doing more art stuff. I should have been practicing and doing commissions long ago, but I've been focusing on other things. Mostly unproductive things. <- My rant.

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #1591 on: December 31, 2017, 03:19:03 AM »
Business for my commissions is so slow right now!

Though I think that is because I just started?
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #1592 on: December 31, 2017, 03:25:18 AM »

Might be cause you're being too pushy, I know I get turned off of products if the seller does that.

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1593 on: December 31, 2017, 03:31:42 AM »

Might because you're being too pushy, I know I get turned off by products if the seller does that.

I need to advertise in some way, and currently, my signature is the cheapest way to do that, if you have any other suggestions, PLEASE tell me. :I

Also my cat is evil but I can't bring myself to punish him because he's so cute :c

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #1594 on: December 31, 2017, 03:40:36 AM »
Having a cat that tries to tear open the fresh bag of food when he has a full bowl is a pain in the ass.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1595 on: December 31, 2017, 03:45:09 AM »
My cat does that too!! Oh my gosh he's a little devil!

Offline Momma Bird

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Sleep comes quick with hot cocoa and a blanket.
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Blue and white.
  • Height: 5' 10"
  • Weight: 140 lbs.
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Contemplating the perplexity of complex metallurgy that is my paper clip.
« Reply #1596 on: December 31, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »

@ Juliet

Well, I like your work of the two that I can see. Would love to see what you could do with birds. But it would have to be at a later date, things are tight right now. As for advertising, have you considered using deviantART as a portfolio for your work?

As for the thread on hand;

I don't really have any first world problems. I love the work I do. We are tight financially, but we are eating and bills are being paid. But if I where to complain; I would like GameMaker, Unity 3D, and Olive Tree Bible App to be available on Linux. If they where, I would not have to use either a Macintosh computer or a Windows computer on a daily basses. I would very much like that.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1597 on: December 31, 2017, 12:57:45 PM »
I just remembered last night that imgur conveniently has a copy link with the [img] thingies already in it ("BBCode (message boards & forums)"). I personally always use direct link in case I want to post the image outside the forum at the same time. I mean, the way I said in the directions does the exact same thing, but I still feel a little silly.

Offline Ræfóa Aldrnari

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Most Online
  • Earlier known as Ulvus Lumia
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Brown fox
  • Coloring: Brown, dark brown, grey, beige
  • Height: 1m 73cm (5'8&quot;)
  • Weight: 53 kg. (117 lb.)
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *Browsing memes*
« Reply #1598 on: December 31, 2017, 01:42:32 PM »
Why does writing lyrics to a song have to be so cringy at times? It's pretty difficult, and good inspiration can sometimes be hard to come by.

Please check out my DeviantArt page!
I would greatly appreciate it.

Reference sheet by myself!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1599 on: December 31, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »
That reminds me. A couple months ago, I recorded myself humming the tune of a song idea I had at the time to jog my memory in case I forgot it later. But of course, I forgot where I saved the stupid recording.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1600 on: December 31, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »
Trying to have some fun in war thunder, but lately, I can't seem to get anything done without being teamkilled, or having a lagspike teleport my aircraft underground...

Such fun... Many enjoyable...

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1601 on: January 01, 2018, 05:50:03 AM »
Most people take holidays seriously, but I tend to not think much of them. I see them as just another day with some cultural significance in the particular location and age I live in, and I feel sorta bad about thinking of them in that simplified fashion. I feel like I'm missing out on something special, or that I'm a buzzkill and such.

Offline s0ul_d3ww

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Whatever.
    • Global PokédeX Plus
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat/Robot Hybrid.
  • Coloring: Solid dark gray.
  • Height: ???
  • Weight: ???
  • Build: Bit chubby, bulky with robotic parts.
  • Currently: I'm doing okay.
« Reply #1602 on: January 02, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »
My Internet has been fogging in and out for like a week and a half. I'm gonna call my provider if it keeps up.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1603 on: January 02, 2018, 07:48:32 PM »
I lost so much fat that I'm left with only one pair of jeans that still fit me. And it's already getting too loose and slipping off. I don't want to buy new clothes yet because I still have more fat to lose...

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1604 on: January 02, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »
Good on ya, tho!

I really respect people who loose soo much weight they have to buy new clothes...

That is one bucket of dedication!