The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 55262 times)

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1560 on: October 20, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »
I just love it when wired headphones stop working on one side, looks like I'm buying another pair . . .  or maybe I sound just get a wireless pair already
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1561 on: October 25, 2017, 08:14:24 PM »
Slipped when taking a shortcut on my way back from school thanks to the stoopid snow.
Because the ground wasn't frozen, my clothes got all muddy and gross.
I had just washed them. Now I have to do it again.
So annoying.

Not only that, it made me really cold and now it's too late here to go take a warm bath or shower.
Grrrr and stuff.

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #1562 on: November 12, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »
Been trying to draw at least once each week, mainly on sundays when I have excess time and for some reason today I just can't bring my self into a mood to draw something,  I tried to start something but just felt too tired to commit and slightly unmotivated  so now I kinda feel a little bad for breaking the streak I had going with that .  :/
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1563 on: November 12, 2017, 06:33:11 PM »
Welp, I feel absolutely horrible now...

Soo, I was messing around in minecraft, with this idea of building a reasonably efficient "mob farm" or, basically, an automated mob murder machine and loot collector. In this princible, by drowning.

During testing of the 2nd installation, 3 wolves got caught in the water flow. Ofcoure, I immediatly closed the cutoff valves, when I saw it happen, but it was too late for them.

Both mom and dad were dead...

In true family murder fashion, their pup was the only one to survive the incident, as his parent's minced up remains neatly rolled out of the other side of the installation. I felt quite despairing, as I still had the young one cought between the hoppers, but, all be it a hassle, thank god, I managed to at least get that pup out of there alive!

Even though minecraft wolves aren't much more than a few pixely textured blocks representing their shapes, I still felt absolutely terrible after the events.

It's all my fault. :'c

The installation was in fully operational state, at the time, but the safety shielding of the hazard areas hadn't been constructed yet. What was I thinking!? The damn thing was litterally designed to kill! It was unbelievably reckless and stupid of me to decide to go trough with running the tests, but no, realising that ain't gonna bring those poor wolves back from the dead is it!?

To think that I'm studying to become an electrical engineer with supervision responsibilities... >-<

At least the little one is okay. Or well, as "okay" as you could expect a pupper to be, who's parents have just been drowned and shredded, whilst only escaping death by a breath away, himself...

Rest in peace, Scruffy.
And rest in peace, Fluffy.

Both loving parents and partners. But they died because some idiot thought he was smart enough to build a death machine without any casualties falling...

@Eevee

Hey, don't feel bad! Not you're fault that you're not in the mood! :P

Besides, I know the feel myself too... >_>
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:35:00 PM by A brisky little challenger »

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1564 on: November 13, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
"Hmmm, maybe I should got to sleep now, it must be getting kinda late and stuff"
*Looks at clock, it's 6am*

So much for "I finally fixed my sleep schedule"
Stupid near-permanent darkness doesn't really help much either, when 4pm and 4am essentially looks the same.
Then add my usual "You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby. Probably." mindset on top of that, and you have a beautiful unholy mess.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #1565 on: November 17, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »
>"Hey friends, which of these font options look best for my comic dialogue?"
>Someone types for a minute or two then posts
>It's a completely irrelevant thing

*internal sobbing*

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #1566 on: November 18, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »
When you make a post of social media that gets way more likes than you expected but not from the one person you wanted to see it :(

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1567 on: November 24, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »
I bought a radio, and a utility pouch to put it in, for airsoft games.

The pouch apparantly is way too big for the little hand radio. So big, in fact, that it just takes standard M4 magazines. However, the mag pouches on my vest, wich were designed for M4 mags, for some reason will comfortably fit the radio, with no issues, so now the only solution is to put the radio in one of the mag pouches, and put the mag from said pouch in the utility pouch meant for the radio.

This annoys me...

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1568 on: November 26, 2017, 02:15:52 PM »
Had a friend over for the past week or so, we've been watching Babylon 5 together during our random meetings this year.
We got to the end of season 3 and decided to stop there for now as he had to leave today. Final episode ended with a cliffhanger.
Now I'll have to wait for (possibly) months until I get to know how it continues. Unless I just randomly read how it continues and spoil the whole thing.

The struggle is real.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #1569 on: November 26, 2017, 08:16:35 PM »
Found the house to myself and readied myself for quiet time outside my room. Just as I get relaxed, parent comes home from the store, every TV and radio gets turned on, there's baby-talking to the cat, and I gotta haul myself back to my room for some peace.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #1570 on: November 28, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »
Welp, it was about to come sooner or later. My 3DS died today. We'll have a funeral in a few days, I'll get a new system and sell a few games I don't like. I'm not sure if I'll continue playing online with the new system, because the connection on my room tends to be terrible often. And that whilst I still need a smartphone...

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1571 on: December 01, 2017, 01:15:21 AM »
I hate how inspiration always decides to strike late at night when I really should be going to sleep.

It's currently 3am and I feel this laughably strong need to try and figure out how to deal with a side seam.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #1572 on: December 02, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
No Google, I'm not interested in dating Asian girls, for goodness' sake...

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1573 on: December 02, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »
No Google, I'm not interested in dating Asian girls, for goodness' sake...

Oh my god, I laughed for 5 minutes straight...  X'D

I guess google's intelligent advertisement AI isn't quite smart enough yet to understand the concept of "Asexual"!

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 100 Poster
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #1574 on: December 03, 2017, 04:19:38 AM »
I don't have much to do on this site, but I keep coming back because the theme is dark enough not to burn my retinas to ash at night.