The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: First World Rants  (Read 54220 times)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
Re: First World Rants
« Reply #1575 on: December 03, 2017, 03:53:07 PM »
For some reason Facebook went through a phase where it thought I wanted to meet single Mormon women.  O.o 

OT: I hate when a track from one of my YouTube playlists gets deleted and I either can't work out what it was or find a replacement.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1576 on: December 04, 2017, 06:59:19 AM »
I changed my mind on getting a smartphone with my saved up money. Now I want to get a new CPU and motherboard for my desktop, since the original "meh-tier" components are really showing their age. Seemed simple enough at first... then I found out I'll need to replace the cooling fan because it's too weak, and buy DDR4 RAM, *and* potentially a new power supply because I may need more wattage. I don't think I have enough money for it all.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #1577 on: December 04, 2017, 08:31:28 PM »
The cartoon community is honestly one of the most vile cesspools when it comes to communities and randoms.
They spend half the time bitching about each other and how someone hurt their feelings cus 'muh opinions'
and the hypocrisy... Holy shit, guys. Talk about cartoons. Not about eachother

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1578 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:13 PM »
One of my neighbours has a really shitty taste in music and have apparently also not quite figured out how volume controls or headphones work.
He lives in the apartment opposite of mine but I can hear the sounds so well it's almost as if he just were in another room.
Annoying.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1579 on: December 05, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »
Buy one of those...

May help your neighbour neighbour realise that he's got a few too.

Or if you want to do it the responsible adult way, can't you just go to the landlord, or whatever it's called, and complain to him? Usually the things about apartement building is that you're not really allowed to play music, after a scertain time, such that your neighbours can hear it, right?

@Ek

For the reason of part compatibility, I usually reccomend using old PC's for as long as possible, and getting an entirely new PC in one go, Unless you're talking about universal parts such as RAM cards, and PSU's. (provided that they have a higher wattage)

But I don't really know that much about computers.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:28:57 PM by A brisky little challenger »

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1580 on: December 05, 2017, 11:09:35 PM »
I'd rather build a good PC than buy a low-tier prebuilt for the same amount of money. A better quality thing will last longer.

Normally I do like to keep old tech as long as possible, but my desktop lags when drawing in art programs/image editors, and can barely handle a game with performance-intensive settings set to low/off, despite the same game working perfectly fine in the past (and the game itself was recently optimized to work better on low-tier computers). That's how I know I need an upgrade. Plus there's projects I want to work on that need the power.

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #1581 on: December 13, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »
I hate that skyrim is the only elder scrolls game (least main series) that gets any love from bethesda anymore. Skyrim has been re released, remastered, re special editioned, re collector's editioned, and milked almost as much as the first resident evil at this point. I love Skyrim, I really do, but I wish that bethesda would send a little love to other games in the series.

While skyrim might be better in most regards, my favorite elder scrolls is still oblivion and I would gladly pay for an updated (if only slightly cuz bethesda is SO lazy!) version on modern consoles with mod support like skyrim and fallout 4 has. Even at full retail price, which is a bit much considering the game's age but hey, they did that with the last two re-releases of elder scrolls 5 (PS4, XBONE, SWITCH) 

Also, while I'm here... F#$k EA!

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #1582 on: December 20, 2017, 09:20:16 AM »
The number of spiders in here has suddenly skyrocketed.
There are currently four of them sitting around in plain sight.
This far they haven't broken our agreement, but I can't help but suspect they're planning something.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #1583 on: December 20, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
Are you [REDACTED] kidding!? Ofcourse they're planning something!!

You've said you have a messy home, don't clean often, don't wash used dishes and cutlery and now above all that you've made a truce with spiders living in your home, so now you're not hunting them down?

You've pretty much created the perfect habitat for them!

The only thing that I spider could want more than that, is maybe food, as I'm not shure if spiders can/will eat food rests from unwashed dished. But, don't worry, I'm shure they'll figure something out for that!

So, hell yeah, they're planning something! They're gonna have babies! :P

Mommy spider is undoubtedly making a little nest somewhere in your warm and cozy cave, and within no time, you'll have a huge bunch of cute tiny little baby spiders running around!
Shure, they're going to be friendly to you, as you've been soo kind as to give them shelter, as well as not hunt them down, and as creature that is capable of killing them, pretty much effortlessly.

But, I'm a little confused tho, I thought you said you wanted to be a crazy cat-lady, when you got older, and not future SCP-2269? :\

Ok, all kidding and somewhat (non ill-tempered) cynical scare aside, though...

Maybe it's better if you start doing something about this now rather than later, as I'm shure that you don't actually appreciate having spiders in your home?

Like, try getting any and all spiders you see straight out the door.
Don't kill them! That makes food for other spiders and spider-food do eat and thrive on. Just gently pick them up with a dustpan, (wear heavy gloves if they really freak you out) and put them outside.

Whilst there are no spiders to take outside, you might want to tidy up the place to make shure that there aren't any nests, or webs anywhere. If you've found a nest, just whip out vacuum cleaner and get rid of it. (You don't have to worry about your vacuum cleaner becoming a spider-spawning device, that's not gonna happen)

And, if you really want to keep the spiders out, you should remove any of their food sources, or even their food's food sources, like unwashed dishes, and stuff like that.

Plenty of internet guides for it, too...

And, again, if you really don't want your home to be a spider haven, you should start working on it sooner, rather than later.

I've heard "Rentokill" doesn't come cheap...

:/

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #1584 on: December 20, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »
Somehow I got a 4.0 on all my extended responses for my English finals but less like 68 percent on the multiple choice? What the crap?
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1585 on: December 30, 2017, 07:32:16 PM »
I half-mindedly threw on a random shirt and eventually realized I completely forgot to wash it in the laundry a couple days ago. I am annoyed.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #1586 on: December 31, 2017, 01:50:08 AM »
I've gone through at least eight micro usb cords this year or more. I wish I could find an actual reliable cord that's not going to break within a month or two's time.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #1587 on: December 31, 2017, 02:48:40 AM »
I cannot figure out signature pictures at all! >:(
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
    • Awards
« Reply #1588 on: December 31, 2017, 03:05:57 AM »
I cannot figure out signature pictures at all! >:(

If you click on the signature image in your imgur "images" page (first selection on the list when you hover the cursor over your name on the top right), you should get a pop-up with various links you can copy. Copy the link under "Direct Link", then paste it into your signature between " [ img ] [ / img ]" (without the spaces)

I can do a screenshot if I didn't explain well enough.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 03:07:55 AM by Evnamishko »

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #1589 on: December 31, 2017, 03:11:15 AM »
Evna! You are a blessing!  <3 <3

Also I am out of drawing ideas (to stay on topic.)
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD