The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Break! IC  (Read 8983 times)

Offline Whitepaw Niniichi/Enigir Shosa

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Species: A native Australian Dingo!
  • Coloring: Hazel eyes, messy dark brown head hair, orange and white body fur.
  • Height: I keep forgetting~! Heh...
  • Weight: I keep not checking...ehhhheheheh...
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
Break! IC
« on: December 15, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
     The winds warmed up the cold airborne island as it's occupants milled about. Washing blew in the breeze, furs of all species flitted about. Avian species occasionally disappeared under the grass line to a club carved into the bottom of the island called The Roost.
     A black-furred wolf Anthro murred and shut his eyes as the wind caressed his neck and ruffled his meagre head hair. He placed his hands in his pockets and smiled almost sleepily. His golden eyes peeked out from under his lids.
     "What a beautiful day," he heaved a satisfied sigh. He was happy. But...he checked his watch. It was a fake Rolex.
     Where were they~?
  • Avatar by: I am by and large responsible for my own artwork.
  • Signature art by: Moderator Mr. Razot for the FDF logo! YAY MR. RAZOT!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
Re: Break! IC
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 12:47:23 PM »
A small, black airplane flew over the island, it's pilot, a khaki-colored fox, hated the damned thing. It was slow, it was cheap, it guzzled gas, and he was afraid it would break on him at any moment.
But it was the most expensive thing he owned, so he treated it like it was the king of airplanelandia. He landed at the airstrip, and taxied over to one the public hangars. Shane had invited him... And he was late. The fox shook his head, and still in his green pilot's coveralls, rushed over to the meeting spot
"Hey Shane! Sorry I'm late. My plane was a piece of junk, again."

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
  • Build: Lithe, athletic features lent to me by a few years of competitive cycling. Not much clearly defined musculature but I have big legs!
  • Currently: What is worse - to think too much or not enough? Both seem abhorrent...
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »
     "Frankly I'm still getting over the fact that you own a freaking PLANE," Shane smiled and clapped his friend on the back.
     Once more he seemed to savour the wind. He fixed two beady peepers on his fox friend.
     "Don't you think it's been awhile? To be honest, I wasn't sure you'd answer the invitation - let alone receive it. What have you been up to all this time?" Shane smiled warmly and let his friend out of the hug.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 02:24:45 PM »
"Hah!" Thomas gave a short, barking laugh "well, it's a piece of junk.... Ain't nothing like the jets I used to fly for the Air Force."

He sighed, the wind buffeting against his green coveralls it just sounded nice, the wind... Calming.

Thomas gave a shrug "yeah... Been a while. But mneh, you guys were some of the best buds I've ever had!"

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

• Foxy Fox
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
Break! IC
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 02:31:34 PM »
"Until you left to fly young...youngest in record, weren't you?" Shane smiled and let his tail sway. The wind was picking up.
     "So what do you think of the plan? Sneaking into that Roost place via the tunnels I found a few weeks ago? Ready to get your rave on, boy wonder?" Shane laughed heartily.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 02:38:13 PM »
"Yup. Youngest pilot of an A-10 Warthog in the Air Force!" Thomas smiled, beaming with pride

"Tunnels? Ooh, sounds fun! Just...uh... Lemme change out of these...well, this. Left my stuff on my airplane."

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

• Foxy Fox
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
     "Yeah man, you could have changed! Anyway we're going tonight - sorry for omitting that. I'm getting food sorted tonight and then we roll out! But change anyway, I'm sure it's against somebody's policy to walk around in that!" Shane slumped into a public bench and faced the wind. The wind in his hair...it felt so good...

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
Thomas sighed, walking back to his plane, grabbing up his suitcase, pulling out the first clothes he saw. He got a black t-shirt, and camouflage cargo-pants. He shrugged off his overalls, and slipped on his new clothes. Truth was, he didn't have to  wear the green, stained (though it ended up looking camouflage) flight suit of his. He just wore it, because he assumed it was lucky. His plane hadn't crashed on him yet! He chuckled, pulling a wicked looking combat knife with a curved blade, and a double-toothed saw on the back of it.  He holstered it, carrying it openly on his side as he went back to Shane.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

• Foxy Fox
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 03:16:58 PM »
     "Oh hey - cool new toy." Shane said, pulling out of his stupor and gazing at the weapon.
     "Haha, my dad's teaching me some magic cause mum didn't want me getting a sword with my bank balance the way it is - bills, ya know? Good thing he was the Island Guardian for awhile there!"
     *Yeah...good thing...* Shane thought.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 03:23:26 PM »
"Hehe... I could never get into magic. Didn't have the right mindset, I'm guessing. But I can fix stuff real well!" He gave a short laugh, sitting next to Shane "so... What have you been up to, Shane?" He sighed, closing his eyes and letting the wind wash over himself. Something about this wind... It was so pleasant!

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

• Foxy Fox
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »
     "Oh, uh...this and that!" Shane rubbed the back of his head and smiled.
     "Slaving over a part time job, praying I don't lose it, studying up on my magic composition...budgeting. Just usual life stuff!" Shang half laughed and stated at the knife.
     "So come on! Tell me about all your adventures! Saving islands? Rescuing damsels? Fighting monsters? Flying majestically into the odd sunset?"

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »
He gave a shrug "still in the Air Force! Bombing the hell out if ISIS, all day every day!" He stood, striking a heroic pose "fighting for freedom across all nations, even if you don't want it!"
He sat back down, chuckling
"But in all seriousness, I did almost get shot down once. I tagged the f*cker, that got me , though. nice big Gatling gun right square into his chest. Man, his guts were everywhere!"

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

• Foxy Fox
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 03:36:20 PM »
     "Great." Shane squinted. "You remember I'm squeamish right?"
     He swallowed hard and laughed it off.
     "ISIS though, really? I feel like I should just belt out a 'hashtag YOLO swag 2014' and be done with it!" Shane snorted at the stupidity if his own comment and turned to his buddy.
     "I hate to sound like I did back then, but don't you wanna choose something a bit less...dangerous?"

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 03:41:39 PM »
He gave a shrug, rolling his eyes at Shane's comment "mneh. It's what I wanna do. It's fun! A-10's are beautiful things, and I wanna fly em! So, I do." And he was right, his job is dangerous. He was only alive today because that RPG was a dud. But it's what he wanted to do, so he did if!"

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

• Foxy Fox
  • Eyes on the horizon!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »
     "Deja vu. Well, can't say I didn't try. But come on, surely you've got some riveting tails of action and intrigue!" Shane slapped his tail against the seat a few times.