The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rant: Animal lovers  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
Rant: Animal lovers
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:03:09 PM »
If one more idiot tells me about how much they love animals while shoving a factory raised slab of cow into their mouths, I am gonna loose it. First of all, no. You don't f**king love animals, you piece of sh**! You like pets. Dogs, cats, etc. You don't love animals. Loving animals means that you love all of them, not just the ones that can be kept at the foot of your bed. Do you even know the hardships that cow, pig, chicken or salman went through to give you the food you so selfishly shove into your fat cheeks? A whole hell of a lot, let me tell ya.

You're all for stopping animal abuse, but not for all animals. No, no! Just the dogs and cats, right? Would you fight for the cows being poked and prodded about; shot at in hopes that the bullets would kill them. Would you fight for them knowing that if the bullet missed their skull, they would be butchered alive as if the gunshot's pain wasn't enough? Have you ever driven at night next to a truck full of pigs, cramped and scared out of their minds. Did you listen to them scream in terror? No, they don't just oink loudly. They're screaming! They're screaming for help because they know. They know what's soon to come for them once that truck stops in the morning.

I'm not trying to convince you to become vegan or anything. Hell, I'm not even vegan, but I make an effort to stay away from factory raised meats. I make sure that anything I eat was raised respectfully and treated kindly before it was cleanly killed, agony free my mother calls it. To be honest, I'm not even trying to convince you to do that. All I'm saying is that you really have no right to say you love animals in all your ignorance. I thank you for your time, but now we both know who REALLY loves animals.

Sorry for that, but I really needed to get this off my chest. X3
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:06:27 PM by Aconitum »

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
Re: Rant: Animal lovers
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 12:08:42 AM »
I can consider myself one who loves pets but I eat at fast food sometimes so no I can't say I love animals.
I certainly love the way they taste though, if I were a stronger man I'm sure I would be able to turn down a burger but unfortunately I was born a omnivore with heavy tendencies towards being a carnivore.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 12:23:59 AM »
I can consider myself one who loves pets but I eat at fast food sometimes so no I can't say I love animals.
I certainly love the way they taste though, if I were a stronger man I'm sure I would be able to turn down a burger but unfortunately I was born a omnivore with heavy tendencies towards being a carnivore.

I love your honesty! X3 I can respect a man who is honest.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 12:29:35 AM »
I never say that I have a love of all animals. I'll admit there are animals that I absolutely dislike, be it from personal experience or otherwise.

There are species that I love though. Cats, dogs, otters, most birds, etc.

But I wouldn't call it ignorance if a person says they love animals but they eat meat. Just because someone eats something from a factory, doesn't mean they're being contradictory and agree or support whatever might be done to the animal to turn it into that meat.

Sometimes people don't have a choice. Where I live, a lot of the farm-fresh, local stuff is waaay overpriced, and people on a budget just don't have that option sometimes.

I can understand being angry with someone that does that. It's a lot like someone saying "I'm on a diet trying to eat and drink healthy, so I only drink Diet Coke," but going so far as to insult that kind of person and belittle them, isn't going to make the situation any better than it is .~. It's better to educate them.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 12:54:43 AM »
I never say that I have a love of all animals. I'll admit there are animals that I absolutely dislike, be it from personal experience or otherwise.

There are species that I love though. Cats, dogs, otters, most birds, etc.

But I wouldn't call it ignorance if a person says they love animals but they eat meat. Just because someone eats something from a factory, doesn't mean they're being contradictory and agree or support whatever might be done to the animal to turn it into that meat.

Sometimes people don't have a choice. Where I live, a lot of the farm-fresh, local stuff is waaay overpriced, and people on a budget just don't have that option sometimes.

I can understand being angry with someone that does that. It's a lot like someone saying "I'm on a diet trying to eat and drink healthy, so I only drink Diet Coke," but going so far as to insult that kind of person and belittle them, isn't going to make the situation any better than it is .~. It's better to educate them.

Yes yes, I understand. Not everyone has that choice. I've been homeless for a year and understand that, believe me. This was not intentionally directed toward those people.O_o But you see, I really meant ignorance in that not many people know that farm animals can go through those awful things. And their are even some people that don't even make a effort to learn, yet they are busy casting stones at a man that kicked his dog. Don't get me wrong, a man kicking his dog is bad, but so is the local meat factory kicking around their pigs and ckickens. Then you have those that know exactly where their meat is from and what happens to it, but are simplely too stuborn to care. The people that have the money to make a difference, the people that let the words "I love all animals" and "cows and pigs are different. They don't have feelings" slip from their lips. Those people are what this was most directed to. I honestly didn't mean to lump everyone in that vile catagory and for this I am sorry.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 05:43:33 AM »
Under this logic, I could say that no one loves animals then.

Think about it, we can already cross non-vegetarians off the list from what you've stated, we can also cross vegetarians and vegans off the list because they, in general, still eat agriculturally grown vegies, which land is usually destroyed for crop killing many small animals such as insects, foxes, bunnies and other little critters, even "organically grown crops" still require land to be cleared and clearing any sort of land, especially in the magnitude that is required for crops for humans or animals, will almost certainly kill many animals. Even if you decide to stop the animal agricultural as well, cows, sheep and other animals have become dependent on humans to keep them alive, by stopping their cultivation they will eventually die out and become extinct. If you wear a belt, that was made by animals too, many sheet and quilt covers are made from animal hides and fur, many clothes are made from the same thing, anything made of leather is generally made of some sort of animal, mostly cow, so if you wanted to say you completely loved "animals" you'd have to pretty much stay away from everything, grow your own food and not mind when insects, bugs or other animals start eating it.

And under the same logic if you own a computer, smartphone, shoes or anything else of that sort, you can't say you love humans too. The CPU's that run your computer and smartphone, regardless of what brand you use, are made in basically slave labor camps, often exploiting child labor, in countries where that sort of thing is ok, most shoes do the same thing. You can't say you love the environment if you drive a car or if you use some form of transport or if you use electricity or, again, you eat any sort of produce including meat or vegetables.

I'm not necessarily saying this is what you're claiming, I'm just saying that you can't take things into such absolutes like that, you can't just say "You don't love animals unless you love ALL animals" because it's almost impossible to do anything without harming an animal, same for humans, same for environments. You can still love animals and eat meat, like you can still love the environment and drive a car and still love humans and use a smartphone, it's not necessarily all or nothing.

EDIT: The other thing to note is while the conditions that the animals live in are not necessarily nice (unless you buy free-range, in which case the conditions are ok, I have a farm with some cows on it and they can just freely venture around and do whatever they want). The actually killing process is very quick and very painless and they don't expect it coming. Because meat is muscle, an animal actually doesn't taste as good if it is in a state of stress when it dies, the muscle is rougher and tenser and harder to eat, for this reason many factories are actually financially interested in having an ethical death. For example, with a cow, they in general feed the cow, and while the cow is eating shoot a bolt into the back of it's head, killing it instantly. Now it's still killing, there's no way to get around it, but it isn't torture, it's very quick and as painless as you could get and completely unexpected.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:46:41 AM by anoni »
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
Under this logic, I could say that no one loves animals then.

Think about it, we can already cross non-vegetarians off the list from what you've stated, we can also cross vegetarians and vegans off the list because they, in general, still eat agriculturally grown vegies, which land is usually destroyed for crop killing many small animals such as insects, foxes, bunnies and other little critters, even "organically grown crops" still require land to be cleared and clearing any sort of land, especially in the magnitude that is required for crops for humans or animals, will almost certainly kill many animals. Even if you decide to stop the animal agricultural as well, cows, sheep and other animals have become dependent on humans to keep them alive, by stopping their cultivation they will eventually die out and become extinct. If you wear a belt, that was made by animals too, many sheet and quilt covers are made from animal hides and fur, many clothes are made from the same thing, anything made of leather is generally made of some sort of animal, mostly cow, so if you wanted to say you completely loved "animals" you'd have to pretty much stay away from everything, grow your own food and not mind when insects, bugs or other animals start eating it.

And under the same logic if you own a computer, smartphone, shoes or anything else of that sort, you can't say you love humans too. The CPU's that run your computer and smartphone, regardless of what brand you use, are made in basically slave labor camps, often exploiting child labor, in countries where that sort of thing is ok, most shoes do the same thing. You can't say you love the environment if you drive a car or if you use some form of transport or if you use electricity or, again, you eat any sort of produce including meat or vegetables.

I'm not necessarily saying this is what you're claiming, I'm just saying that you can't take things into such absolutes like that, you can't just say "You don't love animals unless you love ALL animals" because it's almost impossible to do anything without harming an animal, same for humans, same for environments. You can still love animals and eat meat, like you can still love the environment and drive a car and still love humans and use a smartphone, it's not necessarily all or nothing.

EDIT: The other thing to note is while the conditions that the animals live in are not necessarily nice (unless you buy free-range, in which case the conditions are ok, I have a farm with some cows on it and they can just freely venture around and do whatever they want). The actually killing process is very quick and very painless and they don't expect it coming. Because meat is muscle, an animal actually doesn't taste as good if it is in a state of stress when it dies, the muscle is rougher and tenser and harder to eat, for this reason many factories are actually financially interested in having an ethical death. For example, with a cow, they in general feed the cow, and while the cow is eating shoot a bolt into the back of it's head, killing it instantly. Now it's still killing, there's no way to get around it, but it isn't torture, it's very quick and as painless as you could get and completely unexpected.

Anoni, thank you. I am actually very glad there are people like you out there that are willing to get down to the bone on topics like this. I know many other people would have blown up at this comment, but it really warmed my heart. X3 Cause you know, Acon likes a good debate! XP

Offline Crystali

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • ♥~
    • Awards
  • Species: White Scalie, dragon or Human
  • Coloring: Coloring: White Scales,Wingless,Blue eyes,Curled pearl horns,furry ears,White backtuft starting from head ending on tip of tail. ^ö^/)
  • Height: Height:163
  • Weight: weight:125 lb
  • Build: hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recaptcha Ragequit.
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »
I MEAN OK factory raised meat id never eat but there is something worse that is LIVE FOOD that people eat alive! IMAGINE SOMEONE EATING YOU ALIVE AND YOU WATCHING THEM DO IT!
SOME PPL THO OML SAVEME  @.@
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxeweP4P3Y  SHE BE LAUGHIN THO SHE BE LAUGHIN!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:27:50 PM by Crystali »

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:26 PM »
I MEAN OK factory raised meat id never eat but there is something worse that is LIVE FOOD that people eat alive! IMAGINE SOMEONE EATING YOU ALIVE AND YOU WATCHIN SOME PPL THO OML SAVEME  @.@
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxeweP4P3Y

O_o Oh my. I completely forgot about LIVE meat.

Offline Crystali

• Boisterous Bear
  • ♥~
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Coloring: White Scales,Wingless,Blue eyes,Curled pearl horns,furry ears,White backtuft starting from head ending on tip of tail. ^ö^/)
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 08:28:27 PM »
I MEAN OK factory raised meat id never eat but there is something worse that is LIVE FOOD that people eat alive! IMAGINE SOMEONE EATING YOU ALIVE AND YOU WATCHIN SOME PPL THO OML SAVEME  @.@

OMG THE WAY SHE BE LAUGHING THO DF i wonder how happy she would be if an giant was eating her leg infront of her like omgg atleast i eat my food dead.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:33:20 PM by Crystali »

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 08:31:13 PM »

OMG THE WAY SHE BE LAUGHING THO DF

I think I lost a bit of my lunch. Uh... I guess... I don't know.

Offline Crystali

• Boisterous Bear
  • ♥~
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 08:36:46 PM »
well atleast they dont sell live food anymore i think

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 08:39:43 PM »
well atleast they dont sell live food anymore i think

Or atleast that's what we're lead to believe.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 07:51:48 AM »
they do still sell live food quite a bit, especially in more rural and poorer regions where access to processed meat is limited, you in general buy the animal and kill it/cook it yourself
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »
JESUS! I can see youre pissed BUT I do eat alot of factory meat and like it....Hate the factory not the buyer..Im starting to get really stressed about the fact people bring up this fact..
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.