The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rant: Animal lovers  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
Re: Rant: Animal lovers
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
JESUS! I can see youre pissed BUT I do eat alot of factory meat and like it....Hate the factory not the buyer..Im starting to get really stressed about the fact people bring up this fact..

Don't take it the wrong way, Jacob. XD This was directed towards my grandmother, really. I wuv you Jacob!! X3 She's a very stick up the bum kind of woman to the point where she's very conservative and hates most races and hippies. >.<

Offline Twilight Rose

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf/Snow Leopard
  • Coloring: Black and silver/Black and red
  • Height: ~5'9"
  • Weight: ~150lbs
  • Build: Lean, fairly muscular
  • Currently: I don't even know
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 02:16:59 AM »
It's not necessarily true that someone just loves pets if they eat factory-raised meat. I love pets, yes, but I love wild animals too. Factory farming disgusts me, but most of us in a lot of places are desensitized to the practice. There's just no emotion there. There is sympathy for them, but little or no empathy for most people.
"I am a servant of the world. And if I am a servant, then you should consider yourself a tool, at best."
~DiZ, Kingdom Hearts II

Trigahex

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 02:44:12 AM »
If one more idiot tells me about how much they love animals while shoving a factory raised slab of cow into their mouths, I am gonna loose it. First of all, no. You don't f**king love animals, you piece of sh**! You like pets. Dogs, cats, etc. You don't love animals. Loving animals means that you love all of them, not just the ones that can be kept at the foot of your bed. Do you even know the hardships that cow, pig, chicken or salman went through to give you the food you so selfishly shove into your fat cheeks? A whole hell of a lot, let me tell ya.

You're all for stopping animal abuse, but not for all animals. No, no! Just the dogs and cats, right? Would you fight for the cows being poked and prodded about; shot at in hopes that the bullets would kill them. Would you fight for them knowing that if the bullet missed their skull, they would be butchered alive as if the gunshot's pain wasn't enough? Have you ever driven at night next to a truck full of pigs, cramped and scared out of their minds. Did you listen to them scream in terror? No, they don't just oink loudly. They're screaming! They're screaming for help because they know. They know what's soon to come for them once that truck stops in the morning.

I'm not trying to convince you to become vegan or anything. Hell, I'm not even vegan, but I make an effort to stay away from factory raised meats. I make sure that anything I eat was raised respectfully and treated kindly before it was cleanly killed, agony free my mother calls it. To be honest, I'm not even trying to convince you to do that. All I'm saying is that you really have no right to say you love animals in all your ignorance. I thank you for your time, but now we both know who REALLY loves animals.

Sorry for that, but I really needed to get this off my chest. X3
Not my fault I cant get proper meat.

And I'm not going vegan.

I'm not much of a hunter either.

its unavoidable in the modern age I certainly love animals and if given another choice yes I would take non factory meat.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »
If one more idiot tells me about how much they love animals while shoving a factory raised slab of cow into their mouths, I am gonna loose it. First of all, no. You don't f**king love animals, you piece of sh**! You like pets. Dogs, cats, etc. You don't love animals. Loving animals means that you love all of them, not just the ones that can be kept at the foot of your bed. Do you even know the hardships that cow, pig, chicken or salman went through to give you the food you so selfishly shove into your fat cheeks? A whole hell of a lot, let me tell ya.

You're all for stopping animal abuse, but not for all animals. No, no! Just the dogs and cats, right? Would you fight for the cows being poked and prodded about; shot at in hopes that the bullets would kill them. Would you fight for them knowing that if the bullet missed their skull, they would be butchered alive as if the gunshot's pain wasn't enough? Have you ever driven at night next to a truck full of pigs, cramped and scared out of their minds. Did you listen to them scream in terror? No, they don't just oink loudly. They're screaming! They're screaming for help because they know. They know what's soon to come for them once that truck stops in the morning.

I'm not trying to convince you to become vegan or anything. Hell, I'm not even vegan, but I make an effort to stay away from factory raised meats. I make sure that anything I eat was raised respectfully and treated kindly before it was cleanly killed, agony free my mother calls it. To be honest, I'm not even trying to convince you to do that. All I'm saying is that you really have no right to say you love animals in all your ignorance. I thank you for your time, but now we both know who REALLY loves animals.

Sorry for that, but I really needed to get this off my chest. X3
Not my fault I cant get proper meat.

And I'm not going vegan.

I'm not much of a hunter either.

its unavoidable in the modern age I certainly love animals and if given another choice yes I would take non factory meat.

Let's face it. You gotta be pretty damn rich to live up to your ideal standards. These are the sacrifices we gotta make if we wanna have cheap food. :/

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 02:51:34 AM »
My lovelies, read the comments. This was not intended to be a dig at meat eaters and as I stated, I myself am not even a Vegan or vegetarian. This was directed at a family member I knew would see it. Sorry for this, but it really was just heat of the moment.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 02:53:04 AM »
Yeah, just try to avoid being so aggressive about this kinda stuff. It's a touchy subject, especially around places like this.

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 02:54:26 AM »
It is, but this is infant a rant and that is exactly what I did. :3

Trigahex

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:09 AM »
-----------
Uhhh seemed pretty hostile to me it does not distinguish much.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:44 AM »
It is, but this is infant a rant and that is exactly what I did. :3
True, just don't be surprised if you get a bit of flak. XD

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 02:58:36 AM »
Again, directed at a family member. I'll be sure to make that a little clearer next time, my darlings.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 03:00:28 AM »
 directed at a family member.

Then why post it here?

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 03:01:32 AM »
Cause I knew the awful crone would see it.

Offline daikaiju

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 01:57:45 PM »
I love animals, but I also enjoy to eat good food too. Maybe they love animals because of the food? Have you ever put that into consideration?  :/

Offline Aconitum

• Foxy Fox
  • Zim Zam Zaroo~
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »
I love animals, but I also enjoy to eat good food too. Maybe they love animals because of the food? Have you ever put that into consideration?  :/

Actually, dear on, I have. The person this is for infant doesn't give a rat's behind about that.

Offline hennessyvenom

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Canine
  • Currently: What is a forum?
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 03:15:48 AM »
I love animals! I just love the ones that taste good a little less.