The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: your most WTF! moments in gaming.  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
your most WTF! moments in gaming.
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:30:15 PM »
so yeah, Tell 'em.

One of my more recent ones was I was playing XCOM EW with the long war mod installed, and a UFO set down in russia. I send some dudes to investigate, clear out all of the aliens ( or so I think) and then I had to look for about an hour for two outsiders... (they're really nasty in long war btw) ON TOP OF THE UFO (meaning I could not see them for about half the time they were up there!) I spent about an hour and a half looking for those guys!  and even then I spent an hour trying to get a good angle to kill them(in long war they regen about three health per turn on normal)!

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline The Magic Otter

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online
  • It's an otterly bizarre extravaganza!
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Brown and light brown (the image is just a placeholder)
  • Height: 5"6
  • Currently: Living an empty existance.
Re: your most WTF! moments in gaming.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:12:42 AM »
The first cutscene with pyramid head in silent hill 2.
  • Avatar by: Some image i found on google that i liked, when found i will give proper accreditation.
The immensity of boops I shall bestow are equal to the very atoms which exist in the universe! Thus, this shall be my gift to the world, a boop of many, a boop to end all boops!
*gives a boop.*

Offline MaskaTheOtter

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Still, The last Naturologist in the world.
    • Awards
  • Species: River Otter
  • Coloring: Light Brown
  • Height: Anthro: 6' 2" Feral: 42"
  • Weight: Anthro: 170 lbs Feral: 25 lbs
  • Build: I am fit and strong, great swimmer
  • Currently: Swimming
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 08:18:05 AM »
The first cutscene with pyramid head in silent hill 2.
^that^

also just about all of Goat Simulator
I am back. Please message me!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
The one pilot that is crazy enough to fly anything!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 01:32:42 PM »
Quite a lot of WTF moments in gaming, it depends if we're talking about WTF moments that are scripted, or not scripted. I have some good WTF moments in both categories, but for now I'll start with the scripted ones.

- Fallout 3 Point Look out Drug trip was a total WTF moment, you have flying swords, nuclear bombs, really weird stuff just going around
  - GTA V Drug trip, a particular trip as Micheal where you get abducted by aliens and launched out into the sky
  - Batman Arkam Asylum Glitch, at one stage with Scarecrow he gives you some syrum that makes you think your game has crashed and your save file was corrupted!

There are others but that's all I can think of atm
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 02:44:57 PM »
This thread. I can go on and on being such a heavy gamer. But lets do right off the top of my head.

Battlefield4:
Corner wall glitch, dieing even after you get around a corner.
Glitched knife kill. (No animation.)
Running out of ammo when your doing so good.

The entire Farcry 3 game. Its just one big acid trip.

The first play through of Deadspace 3

Entire uber teams that play Call of Duty and Titan Fall.
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline William Dynwood

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Oh believe me, I'm still alive
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey
  • Height: 5' 11" (180 CM)
  • Build: slightly muscular, lean, agile and strong
  • Currently: Statusses are as statussy as statusses can probably get
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 05:13:14 AM »
-Scout raids in TF2 XD
-and in Sacred 1, there was a glitch where other playes would ride their horses while standing on them
One does not simply click here

Liquicity Amsterdam, Here I come

Offline SadDubwool

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Long time member guy, Never here.
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lop Rabbit
  • Coloring: Dark brown fur with light brown splotches
  • Height: Height:5'7
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: We'll have ourselves a ball
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »
Fallout new vegas....Blinking dead bodies...no,no...no,god No....NO!!!
Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark, guard them well or one day you may be your own victim.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »
Payday 2...stretchy cops, man.

Also, while playing Men Of War: Assault Squad (looking for anyone who plays it btw), I had just called in an M8 Greyhound; a six wheeled armored car, carrying one .30 cal HMG and I think a 57mm cannon. Anyway, there was a lone rifleman, well within machinegun range. But ooooh no. The Greyhound decided he needed a little more explosion in his...death. Popped him up onto a roof, where he remained for the rest of the mission.

After thought: The entire run of Broforce, or Expendabros.

Offline Crystali

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • ♥~
    • Awards
  • Species: White Scalie, dragon or Human
  • Coloring: Coloring: White Scales,Wingless,Blue eyes,Curled pearl horns,furry ears,White backtuft starting from head ending on tip of tail. ^ö^/)
  • Height: Height:163
  • Weight: weight:125 lb
  • Build: hourglass
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Recaptcha Ragequit.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 08:38:50 PM »
skyrim when im stuck on a quest.

Offline Daionor

• Avid Aardvark
  • blerp
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Margay
  • Coloring: Grey with Black spots
  • Height: 5'5" or thereabout
  • Weight: around 160 lbs. haven't checked in a while :/
  • Build: Chubby
  • Currently: derping around
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 04:16:06 AM »
I would have to say my most WTF moment was in Fallout 3, when I jumped onto a truck and suddenly I was back on the ground injured (leg crippled, seriously) and i look up, and theeeere it is, waaaay up in the air, rocketing down and landing on me to kill me  >.>

yeah, fun times, those XD

on another, unrelated note, i have had one fairly recently in Skyrim, where anyone who has ever played it should know of Shadowmere, right?  well, think of that, only as a regular horse...  this horse COULD NOT DIE, i was up against an elder dragon early on (for SOME reason or another) and i just stood back with my bow plinking it while my horse mauled it to death, and i stole that horse to begin with, so after that i just said "MINE" and rode off into the sunset XD (also, at one point i stopped shooting entirely to save on arrows, and used spells instead, and go figure, not much damage >.> but hey, i still won thanks to Not-Shadowmere XD )
  • Avatar by: Second Life snapshot, cropped by me :v
Yes, I am a male, no matter what my avatar tells you :v

Skype is one of the two following if anyone is interested (please message me with your name on here to make sure i can figure out who is who XD ):
Daionor Nightfall
Godfreid0

two because sometimes one works the other dont, and sometimes vice versa (have yet to hear someone who both work :/ )

fur code: FFW3arw>FW3acdrw A- C->++ D H+++ M P->++++ R+ T++ W Z->++ Sm+ RLU>CT a cn++ d e+ f h i++ j+ p- sm-

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »
Right... So of you've played STALKER call of Pripyat, you'll know about Noah. Most likely.

Well, he's essential for two quests.

So I went to do one of his quests, and he wasn't there! There was no trace of him at all. I went on top of his bate, and was attacked by mutants, so I'm assuming that they somehow for on top of the barge, dropped in through the hole at the top, and killed him.

AGGGGGGH

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Julum

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lizard/Dragon
  • Coloring: Lizard: Scales: Green | Hair: Ginger | Eyes: Red | Dragon: Scales: Black | Hair: Brown | Eyes: Red | Wings: Black | Spikes: White
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »
The first time I played Mass Effect, I died over and over again when I went to the Prothean ruins to find Liara when I was fighting the Krogan and Geth on the elevator. One of those times, Shepard fell through the elevator and into a void of nothingness after he died. Usually I almost instantly press the button to load my last save when I die, but I just stared at the screen in amazement for a few minutes when that happened.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
HOLY NECROPOST BATMAN!

But anyways, had a AWESOME ship in space engineers... I bumped into it and it flew away! >):U

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline Honey Bun

• Boisterous Bear
  • Scurry Furry Fury!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Bunny
  • Coloring: White fur with brown patches and a few patches of light brown spots on her thighs.
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 200lbs.
  • Build: Average.
  • Currently: I am bunny- watch me hop. *floofy hopping*
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:24 PM »

One time, in Minecraft, my house was invaded and taken over by the animals.  :|

I had this really nice house I made, with two floors, a skylight, a hot tub, a greenhouse and a waterslide that led to the underwater guest house made of glass. Then one day, this pig shows up. The door was open, and he just walked on in (even though I told him not to). So I shut the door and was like, "fine. You're just gonna stay here then." So I had a pet pig for a while.

As the days (Minecraft days and real days) went by, I noticed that more and more animals were hanging out around my house. I wondered if they thought I took the pig captive, when really he walked in on his own.

Then one day, I was coming home to get some supplies for the underground lair I was making, and I opened the door to find TONS of animals inside the house. They were everywhere. Mostly cows and sheep. I located the pig and told him I never said he could have a party. Then I spent a good ten minutes pushing all the animals out the door (except the pig, and I didn't kill any of them cuz I play on peaceful and have a strict, "no hurting anyone/anything," rule).

But the next time I went to the house, they were all back! After dealing with this three or four more times, I finally started killing off animals, and shoved my pet pig out the door.

But guess what?

THEY STILL SHOWED UP.

And so I just gave up, and went to live in my underground lair instead.  T_T

The moral of this story?

Don't trust pigs. Especially square ones.
*hops away*

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 03:19:42 PM »
Dog meat didn't show up on my PC copy of Fallout 3, I REFUSE TO NOT HAVE DOGMEAT IN MY GAME, so I used a console command to spawn a dog meat.

BUT, another dogmeat spawned with it! So now I had two dogmeats in my game, the weird thing was one was really strong but didn't regenerate any health while the other regenerated health normally, if one of them died, then the other dog meat would stop being a companion and would just wonder off aimlessly. Console commands are weird man

• Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";