The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The last poster wins!!!  (Read 214615 times)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
Re: The last poster wins!!!
« Reply #21525 on: November 11, 2017, 02:01:29 PM »
*Draws a fort and a comfy chair*

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #21526 on: November 11, 2017, 02:04:06 PM »
Well, I can already tell that you're going to be louzy strategic...  T_T

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #21527 on: November 11, 2017, 02:04:40 PM »
Uh-oh! *draws a DotA 2 ancient*

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21528 on: November 11, 2017, 02:06:29 PM »
I've never really claimed to wanting to be part of any kind of war in the first place, but this "draw anything into reality"-power is pretty dang cool. I've always wanted a fort with a comfy chair.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21529 on: November 11, 2017, 02:08:14 PM »
Oh well, fair enough... :c

Draws a driver's license...

"Weeeeeeheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!"

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21530 on: November 11, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
Oh darn, that could be a problem. *draws some armour*

...How do I put this on?

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21531 on: November 11, 2017, 02:18:29 PM »
Erhmm, Usually you just poke your head trough the hole, and than close and attach the front plate to the backplate, so that the front plate is resting firmly on the chest, and the backplate on the back, then fasten the ties.

Want me to help? :P

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21532 on: November 11, 2017, 02:52:32 PM »
Like this?

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21533 on: November 11, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »
AAAA What are y-*dies*

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21534 on: November 11, 2017, 03:05:32 PM »
Somehow survives crash, and revives Michen with the magic of 33 litres of morphine. (ArmA physics, don't look at me!)

Like this?

Well, you've got the basics right, and the facemask/helmet is pretty nifty, too!

The only problem with overfolding armour plating is that it severy limiths armour thickness, and requires the material to be flexible, if the user doesn't want to be cropped up with severe mobility loss, in this case, the flanks of the torso.

Also, I'mma have to express a little bit of dissapointment in the massive exposed surface area on the neck and bussom. There's important stuff there, too, ya know? :I

But that's only if you actually wear body-armour for protection against stab, and ballistic threaths!

But hey, I can't say that it doesn't look neat! :P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:08:09 PM by A brisky little challenger »

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21535 on: November 11, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »
Yes, the whole purpose of the armor is to be ceremonial/symbolic rather than functional :P I am well aware of all the flaws of the design.
Noone in their right mind would send a stupid dog into battle, especially not in a world where dragon-riding lizard people and werewolves and other ridiculously overpowered creatures are a normal thing, but the stupid dog just so happens to be important for other reasons and therefore in need to be distinguished from the common rabble somehow so that there are no accidents.
The end result is flashy armor made from dragon leather scraps and a retired saddle blanket. You don't dress any old mutt in dragon leather, so everyone, no matter of race and/or rank should know to give way and resist that urge to just randomly squish it "because they can/want"

It's all part of the stupid epic fantasy story I'm writing.
Slowly.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21536 on: November 11, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »
(Wait, you're writing a story too? Awesome! :P )

But, still though, I'm not saying it would work out!

With kevlar plating it would actually give decent protection against handgun fire. (Or in your case, bows/crossbows/daggers/swords etc. Wich is good, because steel plating to protect for small-arms fire for this design is out of the question)

All the vitals are covered, the major joints are protected! It's just a shame that pretty much all of the trachea, upper spine, (whatever that's called) and neck-arteries are completely naked... :I

I actually have quite a nice idea on how to fix that, if fictional Chezawoof is interested in having a protected neck! c;

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21537 on: November 11, 2017, 03:45:02 PM »
*gets revived by my crayon ancient* You can't resurrect me with morphine, smartypants.

Offline ?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Poster
  • Evolution Pokémon
    • Awards
  • Species: eevee
  • Height: 1'
  • Weight: 14.1 lbs
  • Currently: ^v^
« Reply #21538 on: November 11, 2017, 03:47:12 PM »
Tries to slip in to win and just watches what ever they are doing or talking about  ^_^
Everything comes from nothing
Everything is something
So just let it all keep happening

Don't be a means to someone's end
It's all just beginning why can't we extend
An invitation to every hand

All hands can clap
All hearts are beating equally
The pulls of the air we're breathing

If we can believe in one part of it
Then we can believe in all of it
So don't stop
Don't stop the party

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21539 on: November 11, 2017, 03:54:56 PM »
*gets revived by my crayon ancient* You can't resurrect me with morphine, smartypants.

In ArmA, everything is possible with the power of morphine!