The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Great City of Pnakotus  (Read 15496 times)

Offline 905

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I loath whiny people.
    • Awards
  • Species: Yith
  • Coloring: greyish
  • Height: Large around 15 feet ( small by yithian standards)
  • Weight: unknown
The Great City of Pnakotus
« on: August 04, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »
Main ideas
This RP takes place in the Great Yithian City of Pnakotus. Furs from across time and space have been transported to the great city, via the great Silver gate, which is in the center of the city. These furs are free to roam the city, whall they are under peacefull watch of the yithians, who simply want to record there every action in the name of science.

The City is extreamly moderen and furtursitc, With several buildings open to the furs who are under obvservation. Most notible are  the Great Librairy, where every thing ever known is stored in large tomes and books. There is the training building, where via holographs, any enemy can be battled, any enemy, from earth, or space. The great lounges, where anything anybody could ever want can be synthised, instantaly, includeing food, and objects. There are the obverstation buildings, where studys are preformed on willing furs. There is also the main resedents buildings, which have a room for everyone who has been transported into the city. The rest of the city, which is open to everyone, consistes of yithian buildings, parks, and a spaceport, which at the current moment, is closed. Outside the city, is a desert, which goes on for thousands of miles. It is not wise to wander too far into the desert. There is idle few yithians in the city.

All furs and other species who enter the city, enter though the great silver gate. in the center of the city.

The city exists 90 million years in earths past, befor any life known to the monderen world exsisted.

I request full, decent posts, no one liners.

please post your....
Name:
Species:
year your from: (example, 2007 )

-------------------------------------
Name: 905
Species: Yithian
Assorted details:The ruler of the great city, and one of a few yithians actully there.
Year your from: N/A

* 905 slowly moves towards controll pannel of the great gate. With one of his tenticals he pokes the holographs screen, There is a loud beep, as 2 other holograph screen pop up next to the main one, writen and displayed on these screens are many odd and weird figures and words, writen in yithian. With my left claw i push a lever, the right screen turns from a clear bluish color to red, i poke the screen a few times with a tentical again, and there is a flash. 20 meters infront of me, inside the 100 foot tall rounded arch the great silver gate opens, filling the arch with a weird silver light. The light from the gate throws shadows across the main gathering plaza. with a second poke to the screen, orbs of light turn on, lighting up the entire plaza with bright bright white light, i slowly move away from the contorll pannel, and wait infront of the great silver gate. Everything is ready for new arrivals to the great city of Pnakotus.*
The Great Race of Yith are fictional aliens in the Cthulhu Mythos of H. P. Lovecraft. They first appeared in Lovecraft's short story "The Shadow Out of Time" (1936). They are called the Great Race because they are the only beings to have mastered time travel.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: The Great City of Pnakotus
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 05:05:52 PM »
Name:Saphir
Species: Wolf
Assorted details:Shes a wolf by any other name. *points to picture*
Year:2007 A.D

Saphir walked into her apartment, looking for her bottles. Finding one she poped several into her mouth, sighing. "Ahh...So much to do, but I can hardly say I hate my life. It's my beautiful mess." She laughed and signed into her website. "I love these people." She smiled at the thought of seeing her friends again.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline 905

• Avid Aardvark
  • I loath whiny people.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 05:14:48 PM »
* i slowly move across the plaza to the great gate, gently running a claw across its silvery surface. The surface of the gate reacts, rippling like water, unsasafied with this i slowly move to the left side of the gate, and with a tentical, press down on a small pannel. There is a barly audible click, and a hologram pannel pops up, on the side of the arch. I click and push this hologram with a tentical, another pannel opens above the previous one, on it is a timer, flashing across this timer is thousands and thousands of diffrent years. I click a large square which has appeared on the bottom hologram pannel. The gate starts to randomly choose creatures from all years and places of earth, and starts to warp them to the great city via the great gate. The silvery surface of the gate flickers and spins*
The Great Race of Yith are fictional aliens in the Cthulhu Mythos of H. P. Lovecraft. They first appeared in Lovecraft's short story "The Shadow Out of Time" (1936). They are called the Great Race because they are the only beings to have mastered time travel.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 05:15:37 PM »
Name: David
Species: Grey wolf
Details: Soldier in the German military. He carries an STG-44.
Year from: 1945

In a flash of silver light, he found himself lying on his back in a great plaza of some kind. Just moments ago, he had been crouching behind a Panzer tank that had been crippled by a Russian rocket. He had heard something, and turned to see... he couldn't remember. He stood, taking in the majesty of his new surroundings. It was like nothing he had seen before, and was all the more glorious after the year he had spent hiding in bombed out ruins. "...Where am I?"

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 05:19:46 PM »
She gets blinded by a white light and fids herself in a plaza, with another furry. "Who are you? Where are we?" She asked, picking herself up and brushing off, offering her paw to the furry in greeting and to help him up. "I'm Saphir by the way."
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline 905

• Avid Aardvark
  • I loath whiny people.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 05:28:30 PM »
* I seeing that the gate is working properly, i slowly move away from the controll pannel. Moveing back to the main controll pannel, a few yards away. I Poke the pannel a few times with a tentical, Lights turn on around me, illunmanating me to the new comers, I turn to them, and slowly move towards them, the lights, simple orbs floating above me, move with me,  other machines start to turn on acorss the great city, the air is filled with odd ecoing clicks and hums*

Greetings * i say telepathicaly to both of them * Welcome to Pnakotus, You were chosen at random for obvesation. The City is yours to explore. I hope you will find your stay, enjoyible.
When we are done with you, you will be returned to your own times.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 05:37:20 PM »
She smiles at the yithian, nodding to him and offering her other paw. "Hello, you're a Yithian right? I've heard about you. Gentle and peaceful. Nice to meet you, I'm Saphir." she called, looking up at him. She looks at the wolf and smiles warmly. "What year?"
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline 905

• Avid Aardvark
  • I loath whiny people.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »
You have heard of us? Well, thats not good.. * slowly moves off to the main controll pannel again, i poke it several times with my tenticals, i sprial hatch in the floor, next to me, shoots open, and out very quickly pops a large pillar, atop the pillar opens a second hologram pannel, which i poke a few times with my tenticals, assorted other noise start up in the distance, and a large clock is displayed on the floor, infront of the great gate, it is a weird clock, with many many hands and odd unreadable numbers*

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 05:55:28 PM »
She watches in awe, wide-eyed. "I've only heard of you in my dreams...They told me you would come for me and here I am!" She said cheerily, looking at the ground embarrassed. "I'm sorry if I wasn't supossed to."
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
((Sorry, left my keyboard for a little while.))

He replies to the other in a thick German accent. "Are you mad? It is 1945..." He looks down to the strange clock. "At least I think it is... things have become very confusing..." He turns to the strange tentacled creature. "Where are we? What has happened?"

Offline 905

• Avid Aardvark
  • I loath whiny people.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 06:04:36 PM »
(( its ok, sorry if we left you behind))

* i slowly leave my controll pannel, and move over to the group* Its strange that you knew of us, perhasp the oricals will know why.  I shall ask them later.* i arive infront of the two furs, and look down apon them, * It is not 1945, it is 90 million years befor 1945, Welcome to Pnakotus * I gesture to the city with my claws, and move back* You two were brought here to be studyed. We yithians are recording everything that ever happened, or will ever happen. And you two, are just the first in a group of randomly chosen furs to come to this great city in a long time. Are records are not complete, and you are the missing peaces.

But first, please, enjoy the city, it is for you to explore. When you are needed I will seak you out. Both of you can find resadances in the building to the left * gestures to a large large domded building in the left of the great plaza* If you need them.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
She nods, her ears accostomed to any accent. "I remeber that. The lives taken and lost forever..." Her eyes glaze over and she seems in a trance. "What a beautiful picture..."
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 06:19:06 PM »
"I must be dreaming..." He leaned against a nearby wall, letting his gun fall to the ground.

Offline 905

• Avid Aardvark
  • I loath whiny people.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 06:21:38 PM »
* Turns from the two furs, and starts to move away, to the right of the plaza, towards a large large ornate building, with a very tall doorway, above the door is a sign with unreadible print on it. this building is the great librairy, i stop at the controll pannel, and press a hologram with one of my tenticales, the doors of the great librairy shoot open*

Now if eather of you wish to learn anything about anything * i gesture towards the great librairy with one of my claws, as i do so, the hologram sign above the door flickers from yithian to english, Saying in bold letters "great librairy", I hear the clatter of an object hitting the floor, and slowly turn back* This all must be alot to take at once, I understand. But let me assure you, this is no dream, you are needed for a greater cause. If assisatnace is needed please ask me.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
Her eyes unglaze and she walks over to the wolf, licking him face lightly. "I still didn't catch your name." She smiles at him and looks apologetic for licking him. She nods to the Yithian, motioning for the wolf to follow her.
Your Worst Nightmare