The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Icy Destination OOC - Closed Until Further Notice  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
Icy Destination OOC - Closed Until Further Notice
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:02:25 AM »
Name: Icy Destination

Scenario:
Ten thousand years ago, an ice age swept the earth.  Glaciers expanded over the land, sucking in water from the oceans and digging gouges into the earth.  Thousands of species died out, many the largest to walk after the dinosaurs.  Why it came about is debated, but all agree that it was a bleak chapter in earth's history.

Our story takes place before this dark time, among clockwork machines and steam societies.  Before the ice age, Furry peoples thrived and explored the world around them, reaching for the snow capped arctic and the sand brushed deserts.  Cities rose far and wide, as tall as the lowest clouds.  Airships flew between the peaks of the buildings and mountains.  All was well.

Now, though, the Furry people are dying.  Food is growing scarcer, the world colder.  Society is dying, and crime and strife run amuck.  And above it all, disaster looms.

A group, five strong at the best, must try to find a new home for the remaining people around them.  They must brave danger, hunger, illness, and cold, and even then, the future is not certain.

How many will survive the end of the furry society and the beginning of a new one?

Setting:
Steampunk apocalypse
Minimal fire arms
Eventually, the setting will localize to a single airship and will move together.  Before that, it will take place in one city, Ruinse City.
Bias between species is alright, but don't pull any speciesism cards.
Try to get everyone in the same group, guys.  If you want a bad character, you must make a good one first.  The opposite does not apply.
Magic is MINIMUM.  Elemental powers must be kept within the range of, say, avatar.  No blood bending, no powers over death, no healing powers, no jumping the shark.  Give a description of all powers, and work with the GMs on it.

Rules:

1. No God-Moding or powerplaying.  Pretty basic, Seemingly rather tricky to keep from doing.

2. OOC AND IC ARE NOT TO INTERCECT.  This means that, if something is revealed in OOC chat or on the OOC thread, you do not, for any reason, have your character immediately know about it.  Case in point: A player reveals a character's backstory, linking them directly to the big bad.  This has been hinted at IC, but the big reveal has yet to happen, and the character has told no one.  Upon learning this as a player, your character CAN NOT act on this knowledge.  This is a form of God-moding that puts a character as omniscient and often ruins what the other players want to do, dragging the spotlight back to the omniscient character and off the other players.  If I or the other appointed mods see this, you will get one warning, then booted.

3. Do not drag more people into a roleplay or OOC simply to prove a point.  If you can't prove it yourself, you should concede or leave.  That's not to say you can't ask others already in the roleplay, just don't try to use people who are not actively participating to join you side.

4. Use your learnings, people.  Proper English, in story format, is required at all times.  No stars, no chat speak, no leet speak, no exceptions.  You have spell check, you have time.

5. Do not be afraid to ask questions support each other.  We are as much Roleplayers as we are people.  Let's make this enjoyable for everyone, and do what we can to make this a good one.

6. We may or may not have a posting list.  Either way, do not lap people.  Give warning if you have to leave for a time too.

Character Bio:

1. Name
2. Age
3. Gender/Pronouns you prefer (EVERYONE will honor this.  No exceptions.)
4. Species
5. Occupation (Not everyone should be a single occupation!  Assassins are alright, but don't overdo it.)
6. Starting location
7. Magic (If you have it.)
8. Skills
9. Faults (Every skill must have an equivalent fault.  No "Person with powers over death but clumsy".  Just, no.)
10. Description (Limit of two weapons.  Not weapon types, two weapons.)
11. Personality (You don't need to over do this, but give us some idea what the character is like.  In sentences.)

My character:
1. Rachel Tuns
2. 18
3. Female/she, her, etc.
4. Tiger/Snow leopard mix.
5. Airship pilot.  (Owns her own)  Worked somewhat off the books as an exotic material worker.
6. Airship Taneris
7. None
8. Airship piloting, hand to hand combat, hunting, gathering
9. Intensive repair work, long range fighting, fishing
10. Long white and black fur, brown eyes, well muscled build.  Prefers cargo pants or heavily pocketed loose pants, high boots, three quarter sleeve shirt, vest, and simple earrings.  Sometimes wears gloves, sometimes not.  Wears a long red coat out and about.  Carries a knife and sword.
11. Hard working, Rachel is always up for a new adventure.  She loves the open skies and making her own way, pushing her limits to the max.  She can be short sighted at times, though, and often forgets to look at the consequences of what she does.  She's caring for those around her, particularly children, but has been known to be overbearing around those closer to her age.  Called in to get set for a new set of work, she's docked in Ruinse City, waiting for her instructions.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:29:43 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
Re: Icy Destruction OOC - Four Slots Open
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 12:49:15 PM »
1. Abbygael
2. 18
3. Female, she, her,etc.
4. Reptile(bearded dragon)
5. Repair technician/Tinkerer
6. Ruinse City
7. Fire. Able to generate localized points of high temperature flames in small spaces. Uses her magic to weld and create her toys or repair metals.
8. High intensity repairs, Tinkering and creation of her own weapons,Mid to long range combat.
9. Hunting,  Gathering, Close range combat, fishing, easily distracted by old tech-
10. Light green scales covering her body save for her stomach and neck which was covered in white scale. Long pitch black hair down to her waist, cut in a fringe so her left eye is covered. Normally wears Baggy black cargo pants with many pockets, Black shirt and jacket, and a cloth mask that covers her mouth and nose as well as fingerless gloves. Her left eyes is almost crystal blue(when she reveals it) while her right is emerald green. She is fit and toned albeit on the skinny side. Standing a whopping 4'10 tall her tail is as long as she is tall and very flexible. Carries a small knife and her trusty repeating crossbow(which she made herself.)
11. Shy and rather introverted Abbygael does appear to be cold towards others, although that is just because she has trouble relating to others. She is always interested in learning more and observing others.Despite her cold appearance she cars alot for those that do eventually break though to her and become her friends and is protective of them.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
Re: Icy Destruction OOC - Four Slots Open
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:56:49 PM »
I like the bio.  ^_^  You're in.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Re: Icy Destination OOC - Three Slots Open
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:04:06 PM »
The RP is posted.  We can start playing now and let people jump in as we go.  :)

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:50:04 AM »
May I join in?
Domo arigato...

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »
Of course.  We're open to anyone who wishes to join.  Simply fill out the sheet and I'll take a look at it.

Offline ANormalKitty

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic cat (Turkish Angora)
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 1,6 m.
  • Weight: 45-50 kg.
  • Currently: Trying not to eat cheese
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 04:48:09 PM »
May I also join in?
As soon as you give me a "Yes", I'll prepare the Bio  :)
Cats and dogs can get along just nice~

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't be shy! I already am... .-.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: White Tigress
  • Coloring: White, Neon Green, Neon Pink
  • Height: 5' 2'
  • Weight: 105 lbs.
  • Build: Small
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: This world is dangerous...but so beautiful...
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 05:04:24 PM »
I'm assuming all slots are filled at this point...?
Several pens escape these words, but I guess that doesn't matter 'cause they'll be heard anyway, someday, if I could just find a way to explain...
Blank sheets of paper avoiding lines, but I guess I'll confess when time is right...
Little lies that I've lived with everyday...

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 06:38:52 PM »
We have two more slots open after Thamir.  :) Don't worry.

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »
Well um...I've never Serious RPed yet...so...is that alright...?
Several pens escape these words, but I guess that doesn't matter 'cause they'll be heard anyway, someday, if I could just find a way to explain...
Blank sheets of paper avoiding lines, but I guess I'll confess when time is right...

Offline Magical Machine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Received through special limited time events
  • Beep Boop.
    • Awards
  • Species: Physical A.I.
  • Coloring: Primarily gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 200 Pounds
  • Build: Certainly out there.
  • Currently: Existing
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »
Okay. By the way, due to me being fourteen and all, I have school over the week of course, so I'll be gone for eight hours (6:50 A.M. - 3:00 P.M)

1. Marick
2. 17
3. Male/ he his etc
4. Velociraptor (Scales, no feathers.)
5. He usually prefers to draw in order to occupy himself
6. Rusine City
7. None
8. Close-Mid range combat, Crafting, Technician.
9. Long range combat. Hand-to-Hand. Mistakes can be made when he is crafting. Sometimes, he would rewire something incorrectly, causing it to break.

10. He has brown scales with black horizontal stripes going down his back. From his chin down to the front of his pelvis is covered in tan colored scales. He usually wears a black modified hoodie that has padding to make it resistant to fire. He wears pale blue jeans that have also been modified with some padding so they wouldn't be as flammable. As for weapons, he carries a steel baton and a flintlock pistol that has also been modified so it can use certain types of rounds, such as explosive rounds.

11. Marick is the curious and shy type of scalie that is bound to ask a question or two. When it comes to meeting someone he never met before, he would wait for them to talk to him first because he doesn't want people thinking that he is strange for suddenly starting a conversation. When they speak to him first, he goes with the conversation before asking questions. However, due to him never trying to start a conversation with others, he is very quiet, and sometimes, very lonely, causing him to miss out on things if no one bothers to tell him about the current events.

I'll change anything if there is something wrong with the sheet.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:12:58 PM by Thamir »
Domo arigato...

Offline ANormalKitty

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »
1. Valentina (Valen)
2. 15
3. Female (she, her, etc.)
4. Turkish Angora Cat
5. Fisher
6. The mountains
7. Minimum Water Control
8. Fishing, Close range combat, crafting
9. Long and Mid range combat, fast thinking and planning
10. She has white fur, except for some darker fur on her back which forms a "T" from her shoulders to the start of her big, fluffy tail. She has big, ambar like eyes, along with a constant serious and/or tired expression. Ever since the start of the cold, she has been using layers and layers of clothes, mainly shirts and sweaters of blue-ish and dark colours, as also using hand-made mittens and a matching hat. In her feet, she wears dark leather boots. As for weapons, she carries a machete, which she uses to kill fish and to defend herself or whoever she's with at the moment.
11. Valen is usually indifferent and serious, though also shy and a little clumsy. She's very curious, and prefers to find out things by herself. She isn't very talkative, and only says what she feels needs to be said. Being also somewhat egoist and stubborn makes her hard to get along with most people, but she can be pretty friendly and sarcastic (only for the purpose of making others laugh) if she accepts you and get to know you well.

If there's anything that needs to be changed, please, do tell me.  :)

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 04:37:43 PM »
Scout, don't worry and go ahead and join.  :)  Gotta start somewhere, eh?

Thamir, I like your bio, though could we eliminate one of the special rounds?  One's good, two's a bit much.  And don't worry about school.  I'm finishing some classes to get into college, so I know your pain.  Post when you can.

ANK, I like the bio, though a small note on faults and weapon.  Fast thinking and planning require two different sets, as the former would mean she's set in her ways and can't improvise, and the latter implies she's quick on her feet but can't think far ahead.  Did you mean she's not great at improvision?

I don't mind the weapon, just wondering how she catches to fish first.  Machetes aren't especially good underwater.  Does she use a line, net, spear, her paws...?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 04:39:20 PM by Aldrea945 »

Offline Scout Brighton

• Boisterous Bear
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 07:45:46 PM »

I'm 16 so I still have school... Times being 5:00 AM - 3:15 PM only on weekdays.

1. Scout

2. 16
3. Male, he, his, etc.
4. Siberian Husky
5. Assassin Trainee
6. Arctics
7. Mage of Ice
8. Ice Bending, Close-Mid Range Combat, climbing; jumping; running (Parkore almost)
9. Long Ranged Combat, Semi-afraid of heights, Firearm Combat
10. Basic Black and White with Ice blue markings covering his fur, along with one normal brown eye, and one shiny glowing Ice blue eye he tries to cover with his hood. He wears a Black and Ice blue vertically stripped cloak with a hood he normally has up, usually attempting to block an eye with, along with a dark grey tight shirt under the cloak, followed by semi-tight black cargo pants, and black fingerless gloves (Sorry for so much black...) Due to being a Husky, he's lived in the mountains most of his life, and has gotten used to the cold. Scout has always wanted to be known as one of the shadows the lurk, that could appear at a moments notice. Now's his chance to make that happen. Taking an interest in finding a new way around cities, villages, and small settlements, Scout has taken up the semi-new art of transport known as "Parkore" which consists of climbing buildings, speed, and fluid movement. Being resistant to the cold, he may be able to survive this ice age longer then others, but whose to say? Scout's light on his feet, and knows how to move. Fast. He may only be a mere trainee, but it would better to have him with you, then against you. He has only a small wrist knife tucked under his right sleeve, and the rest of the work is his Ice.
11. Quiet. Keeps to himself most of the time unless told upon by a superior. Subtle. He has a sense of humor, but in the line of work, it never tends to show very often. He can be a nice guy, but you have to get on his good side, let alone, earn his trust for him to let you in close.

Sorry this is so long...I got reeeeaaally into this...
If anything needs changing, please let me know...

Offline ANormalKitty

• Vibrating Furby
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 08:14:33 PM »
Scout, don't worry and go ahead and join.  :)  Gotta start somewhere, eh?

Thamir, I like your bio, though could we eliminate one of the special rounds?  One's good, two's a bit much.  And don't worry about school.  I'm finishing some classes to get into college, so I know your pain.  Post when you can.

ANK, I like the bio, though a small note on faults and weapon.  Fast thinking and planning require two different sets, as the former would mean she's set in her ways and can't improvise, and the latter implies she's quick on her feet but can't think far ahead.  Did you mean she's not great at improvision?

I don't mind the weapon, just wondering how she catches to fish first.  Machetes aren't especially good underwater.  Does she use a line, net, spear, her paws...?

Yes, I did mean she's not great at improvising. Also, she fishes with a line. Sorry for any inconvenience