The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Feeling Trigger Happy?  (Read 9638 times)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
Re: Feeling Trigger Happy?
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2014, 05:33:03 AM »
Saw this thread and thought of this song.  A little off topic?  You be the judge! XD

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN6avab0fIY

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Build: Toned
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2014, 10:56:33 PM »
uhhh... what is this? I think it's a lever action AR-15.

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »
I personally like this... Yes this. This thing is a heavily customized Remington 700 SPS Varmint with ACIS Chassis 2.0, Modified bolt, and a leupold mk. 4. This thing can get out to 1200 yards with pmc 147 grain fmjbt.
Damn, thats a nice rifle. Most Reminton 700's where I live have been recalled for faulty safety switches - which some people may not have an issue with, none of my guns are kept on "safe." xD Do you plan on getting it? or is it yours?

Saw this thread and thought of this song.  A little off topic?  You be the judge! XD

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN6avab0fIY
The story of my life.

uhhh... what is this? I think it's a lever action AR-15.

Nope just a loose grip. It looks like he's just taking pics in the middle of swapping out the grip handle. I don't own an AR-15 but I know that there's definitely not a lever action AR platform xD

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2014, 06:45:20 PM »
^ahh... No, the forum post literally said 'lever action ar-15'...

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2014, 07:05:07 PM »
He probably made a joke. Based on the internal machining of most AR's, I doubt that actually functions to feed rounds into the chamber. Even if he pulled out the gas system and made it a "bolt-action" he would still need to use the charging handle to extract and feed rounds from the magazine. Unless he's machined some new parts at home, a lever action AR is unheard of and frankly quite silly xD

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »
You're probbably right, but people make stupid stuff, just because it wasn't made before... I wouldn't be surprised if it was lever action.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
Well, when the law makes stupid decisions, people will do things like this to keep their guns most likely. Since there is a great deal of "Black gun phobia". If the gun is black, better take it back!
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Xylic

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2014, 07:59:02 PM »
Well it looks like it had a calibre conversion, because that is not an AR-15 mag ^^ So whoever did that may have had some internals switched out to make it a lever action.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
Feeling Trigger Happy?
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2014, 08:55:32 PM »
I think the post said .30 carbine... Lemme go check.

EDIT: yep! It's 30 carbine!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:57:08 PM by Naismith the fox »

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:11 PM »
Also note the country in which this gun is being sold, due to extreme restriction, this is one of the few ways gun owners can still have guns.

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/?page=items&cat_id=1&item_id=33

The point is, no matter how many restrictions are placed on the qualifications of what makes the gun, there will always be another way to go around it.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
Also note the country in which this gun is being sold, due to extreme restriction, this is one of the few ways gun owners can still have guns.

http://www.southern-gun.co.uk/?page=items&cat_id=1&item_id=33

The point is, no matter how many restrictions are placed on the qualifications of what makes the gun, there will always be another way to go around it.

Yeah that's common, especially up here where we have automatics converted into semi autos. Our Federal government even banned rifles that had been legally on sale for the past 20 years and seized them from people without compensating them (because they were black rifles). There's been a lot of talk recently about changing our firearm laws to have them make more sense and to protect people's property, but the recent shooting in Ottawa on Parliament Hill cancelled those plans for the time being with no plans to re-schedule.

I fear for my own property as well, damn liberals are trying to bring back a long gun registry so they can keep track of who has grandpa's old rifle, which is stupid and a waste of taxpayer money. AK47s were banned almost 10 years ago because they could be converted to full auto (which doesnt make sense because anything can be made full auto with the right knowledge and parts) and my SKS which is the same caliber, origin, and action as the AK is still legal. Now people are getting scared due to the recent shootings of military and police officers and calling surplus military rifles "assault weapons" in the hands of civilians. What a joke.

Anything becomes an assault weapon if it is used by an individual to attack others. My military rifles have never been used as assault weapons and I hope they never are. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, do you guys remember when I said I ordered a 14" barrel 870? Well it came, and so did the new grip. It took some home gunsmithing to work out all the kinks since it was used, but after some hammering and filing it racks really smooth and feeds shells no problem!

Here is the before:

And after I tinkered with it:

What do you think? Its my new truck gun, meaning it rides around with me behind the seat of my pick-up for general purpose shooting/preparedness.

I haven't fired it with the new grip yet so Im kind of nervous since I havent used a shotgun this small with a grip like this one.

It is a factory 14" barrel with a 5.5" grip making it an overall length of 26.5" (Legal where I live as long as all mods are factory made and retain a 26"> length). I think it's really interesting to be able to possess something that most countries wouldn't allow. Sometimes Canada has more freedom than some States do. Other times? Not so much xD

Pistol grip was made by Shockwave Technologies :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:19:45 AM by Spike_, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2014, 03:16:53 AM »
Well guys I've got a lot to upload in terms of pics of new mods.

I bought a Mossberg 590A1 Blackwater Edition and new a foregrip on my Remington 870 for laz0rs and light stuffs. Got a new stock kit for the Mosin Nagant and a new tactical grip for my Beretta 92fs (which doesn't fit the best -__-). Still waiting on the SKS foregrip, not much longer to wait.

I'll take some pics soontimes, how's everyone else doin? I hear the Ferguson protests in St. Louis have people buying out all the guns in town :/ Do you think these measures are justified? What's your take on the ordeal?

http://youtu.be/6RivK8RmaYI

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:24:11 AM by Spike_ »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2014, 06:15:23 AM »
I think the news media is as usual trying to make a riot happen, because if they don't then enough justice wasn't served causing extreme vandalism. I really don't believe anything they are going to say about the trial, I am more than confident that the judge and jury approached the matter objectively whether or not the tabloids say something different.

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2014, 12:23:14 PM »

I think the news media is as usual trying to make a riot happen, because if they don't then enough justice wasn't served causing extreme vandalism. I really don't believe anything they are going to say about the trial, I am more than confident that the judge and jury approached the matter objectively whether or not the tabloids say something different.

Agreed %100! People don't try and get equality... They just try to turn the tables because they were treated wrongly.

FDF forever!

-Marquis de Sade

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2014, 03:06:59 PM »
I want to get an NFA item as my first gun. But if that can't be, I'll probably get a .357 revolver. I feel as though that won't be for about 8 years though, need to move to New Hampshire for silencers.