The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Feeling Trigger Happy?  (Read 9598 times)

Offline Xylic

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Build: Lithe
Re: Feeling Trigger Happy?
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2014, 03:50:49 PM »
Ooh, I've been wanting to get a .357 revolver! Lovely gun. Been having trouble deciding which gun to get though, or whether I should skip straight to a .44.

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Different hues of grey
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 213 lbs
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Thinking too much.
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2014, 04:43:37 PM »
Both are fun to shoot you could really go either way with that decision and it wouldn't make  a ton of a difference
  • Signature art by: N/A

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2014, 09:11:45 PM »
I'm not really fond of wearing earplugs just to shoot targets, thus I like silencers.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2014, 09:14:14 PM »
I don't wear earplugs either but I don't use like silencers so I don't use them  XD im surprised I haven't lost my hearing yet

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
My point exactly, I like being able to hear. I know about the "ringing" sound too, I don't want to hear that all the time.

Spoiler for Hidden:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:18:40 PM by White Wolf Guardian »

Offline Ben

• Lovable Lion
  • So much has changed
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2014, 09:20:43 PM »
I'm kinda used to it now

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »

I think the news media is as usual trying to make a riot happen, because if they don't then enough justice wasn't served causing extreme vandalism. I really don't believe anything they are going to say about the trial, I am more than confident that the judge and jury approached the matter objectively whether or not the tabloids say something different.

Agreed %100! People don't try and get equality... They just try to turn the tables because they were treated wrongly.

I don't think ALL of these people were treated wrongly, theres a lot of folks who think that laws don't matter during large demonstrations and are just there for the "free stuff" if you will. That's part of the reason it's so dangerous, people will be shot trying to steal worthless crap.

Ooh, I've been wanting to get a .357 revolver! Lovely gun. Been having trouble deciding which gun to get though, or whether I should skip straight to a .44.

Well try them both, see which you like more.

I prefer my .357 because I can also shoot .38 special out of it for practicing with, that and the ammo isnt nearly as expensive as a .44. Your wallet will feel a bigger kick than your arms xD

You can never go wrong with Smith and Wesson or Ruger .357!

Both are fun to shoot you could really go either way with that decision and it wouldn't make  a ton of a difference

That's a bold statement you got there. May I ask what you mean in terms of similarities?

I'm not really fond of wearing earplugs just to shoot targets, thus I like silencers.

After I blew out my eardrums shooting my SKS, my earmuffs are sacred. The only rifle I shoot without plugs is a 10/22 lol I WISH we could buy silencers here xD
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:49:23 PM by Spike_ »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »
I don't know why, but when you user the "spoiler" bbcode on this forum, sometimes it will set the font size to 0.01 or something, making the text unreadable until you manually fix it again.

Point being of my argument is that riots have never once in history resulted in any "good" changes.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2014, 07:58:19 PM »
Riots, definitely not. Protests? hmm maybe, depending on which one you pick. Even throughout history, the shooting of peaceful protesters has made them martyrs for their causes. Look at the victims of Tiananmen Square, yes they are dead, but their cause is remembered to this day. People are still fighting for democracy in China (which happened recently, resulting in a *cough* riot *cough*

Rioting is a result of protesting when things go south and people lose sense of why they're outside in the first place. Once one person does something stupid it becomes the domino effect. It's hard to hold protests while trying to keep the cause the main focus, not stealing liquor from local businesses trying to survive.

Protests like the Occupy Wall Street are just plain stupid, their attempts at "rioting" turned into accounts of petty vandalism and robbery, not just with corporate businesses but with independent ones too.

Here in Canada? We riot about losing hockey xD

Offline Xylic

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #114 on: November 26, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »
Well try them both, see which you like more.

I prefer my .357 because I can also shoot .38 special out of it for practicing with, that and the ammo isnt nearly as expensive as a .44. Your wallet will feel a bigger kick than your arms xD

You can never go wrong with Smith and Wesson or Ruger .357!
That's a good point, when you get into the hundreds of rounds shot, then the price difference comes into its own  ^_^ . Always wanted to try out the S&W 500 too  :D .

After I blew out my eardrums shooting my SKS, my earmuffs are sacred. The only rifle I shoot without plugs is a 10/22 lol I WISH we could buy silencers here xD

Silencers are great, but I don't find them make too big of a difference in volume. Larger rifles are still deafeningly loud, it only really helps with the recoil. Or you could just take your shooting outside, that makes a big difference. I'm always out in the field with my 12 gauge and it only starts to hurt after the first hundred rounds or so. I use a headset that has a mic on it, so it plays sound until a loud noise comes up and then the speakers turn off, they're great :)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2014, 05:43:26 AM »
GUYS

Guess what I found on a Canadian Gun Nut Forum?

A Kel-Tec Sub 2000, which is a folding (yes, it folds in half) 9mm carbine 9mm that uses Beretta 92/M9 magazines weighing 4 pounds fully loaded, which is great because I have a lot of Beretta mags already! I'm even more lucky to have found a Sub 2K at all, let alone one in a Beretta configuration. Most are made to fit Glock and some Sig Sauer magazines :P A Beretta S2K is like finding a unicorn :O The charging handle slams down like an MP5 except the bolt is located in the rear of the stock, kind of like a bullpup rifle.

From factory, they come looking like this:

The previous owner sold it to me with a quad rail (to make more like an AR):

And after I got my greasy paws on it:

A big downside is that it can't fold as long as I keep my red-dot on there, so if I want to fold it for any reason when transporting or storing, it has to come off. It's not a big deal I guess but it gets annoying to take off and put back on so many times.

The main reason I bought this gun was because it's the only gun I can shoot at my local gun range aside from my .22 and shotguns. Its a long story but shooters may only bring calibers under .223 or .50AE, I cannot bring a pistol (or restricted weapon class firearm, that basically means I can own but not legally transport it since I'm not a gun club member), this gun can legally be stored/transported in my vehicle without paperwork, I have too many Beretta magazines, and because 9mm is cheap. Because this gun almost feels like an AR platform rifle that won't take up space in the back of my truck, I can tell its quickly becoming a favorite.

Also, new bolt and stock from ArchAngel for my old Mosin Nagant. It now uses 5 and 10 round detachable magazines. Hard to believe this gun is 72 years old.

Special thanks to the stranger who donated his green bent-bolt from his Mosin project along with a scope mount that Im probably never going to use. He cut the barrel, ruined the gun, and kindly decided to part it out to others. He even blued the bolt itself from it's normal brushed steel! Such nice people up here.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 09:49:55 PM by Spike_ »

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2014, 03:44:34 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party, but

> Dat Kel-Tec

So you guys have those euro restrictions now too. Are all the territories like that or just a few of them?

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2014, 08:42:13 AM »
Que? What Euro restrictions? Our laws have been the same since 1994

Canada classes firearms into 3 categories and can be possessed/obtained by anyone with the proper license (I have the first 2 class licenses):

1. Non-restricted: Long guns such as shotguns and rifles over 26" (except ARs, AKs, and automatics) that are buy and take home firearms that can be transported and stored around like cookies or beer as long as it's unloaded.

2. Restricted: Small arms such as pistols and AR's or guns with barrels cut shorter than 18" are all registered firearms that need a waiting period to purchase and are issued extra permits that specify where they are stored and where they can be transported with permits in hand and ONLY if you're a gun club member, otherwise it is owned as a "collectable" and may not leave the address it is possessed at legally. It must be always locked in a secure case or box with extra an gun lock.

3. Prohibited: Automatic weapons or small pistols with barrels under 4.2" that can only be owned by OLD firearms license holders prior to the 1994 firearms act. These guns are also registered and cannot be sold to new gun owners, inherited, or transported. They are confiscated and destroyed by police after the expiration of the license/death of the owner. Sadly. T__T
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:58:59 AM by Spike_ »

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2014, 05:28:53 PM »
I have made up a character with my son called Suzie the uzi.  We sing amusing songs about the tribulations of only speaking in sprays of bullets...

I like songs about guns :D

Spoiler for You know you want to:

Offline Ryan Naismith

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • Hope, however desperate, is never without merit
  • Species: Coyote! Canis Latrans (best canine)
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 71 kilograms
  • Currently: BACK
« Reply #119 on: December 25, 2014, 10:04:45 PM »

Lookit! Lookit!

FDF forever!

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.
-Marquis de Sade
The way is lit. The path is clear.
We require only the strength to follow it.