The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Vulpyre Tales  (Read 10219 times)

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, Crimson Red
  • Height: 5" 5'
  • Weight: 137 lbs.
  • Build: A strong, but lean sort of build
  • Reference: [link]
Vulpyre Tales
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:49:40 AM »

((Please only post IC posts on this board. Everything else, including Character Creation, must take place in the OOC thread. I moved the Character Creation to the OOC thread Here: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=23463.msg1039238#msg1039238
-Cho'Gath))

The setting is the streets of Konoro City. It is bustling with activity as the markets are open. Syaoran Kitesun is walking down the street at a leisurely pace, thankful he has a day-off to romp around in his hometown. He kept an eye out for someone he might want to talk to.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:52:15 AM by Cho'Gath, Reason: Character Creation belongs in the OOC thread. »

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: Mantis
  • Coloring: 50 shades of Light Green.
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 250lbs
  • Build: Solid.
  • Currently: Fixed my steam profile link after 3 years, lel.
Re: Vulpyre Tales
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:00:47 AM »
Incendium walked down the bustling street of the always busy market district of Konoro City, a stride in his step as he approached the venders with his robe flowing behind him. The masked man looked very out of place in the city, dressing as though it was winter. His mask was the most peculiar part of his outfit, lacking eye holes it instead only had a series of small glowing holes where the eyes would be. The lack of compensation for any muzzle in the mask though, showed that he was probably human.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:46:38 PM by Cho'Gath »
  • Avatar by: FrankLemonHeart (Thanks)
  • Signature art by: Some forum quiz thing and some individual.

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-plant
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Currently: Taking the Hero's Path
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »
"WWWWAAAAHHHHOOOO!!!!  Comin' through!"  I shouted as I come bolting down the street and break-neck speeds, propelling myself telekinetically so as to actually be able to maneuver w/o impact, that is, until I crashed right into a Foux just meandering about the market.  After I picked myself up, I offered a hand and an apology to the poor fellow I knocked over. "Sorry about that there, Kinda got out of hand."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:12:35 PM by Reality Glitch »
  • Avatar by: Myself in colabration with Bagelwho on the MSPA forums

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
  • I REALLY need coffee...
    • Awards
  • Species: drafox (Dragon/Fox hybrid)
  • Coloring: Mostly White
  • Height: 6 feet tall
  • Weight: 48kg
  • Build: thin
  • Currently: Raving in my imaginations cause I just dont care
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 03:01:07 PM »
Cefirul stood there at the side of the streets, unwillingly showing off some of his bones where the flesh hadn't regenerate. He was what the called a zombie but he knew better. He kept his hands in his pocket, taking care to hide them as well as he could to avoid unnecessary attention. To most people he was a tool. To others, he was a creature without feelings. Deciding that there are things he could do other than just standing there, he started making his way through the market.

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 03:11:11 PM »
Syaoran grabbed the hand outstretched to him and stood up. He brushed himself off.

"It's okay, just be careful next time. I'm Syaoran, what's your name?" He then noticed the other two people that kind of stood out like a sore thumb. He grabbed the Human-Luporo and rushed off to check them out. One was a white hooded man with a mask built in a way that suggested he was human. The other was a Foux who looked somewhat depressed and had a slight smell of necromantic magics.

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 03:20:37 PM »
Abbygale stood in one of the nearby alleyways simply listening to the commotion and movement of the different races. Face covered by the hooded robe she was wearing, she projected an aura of magic around her sensing and probing each movement that her ears or nose would be unable to detect. Stepping out from the shadows that clung to her body like a blanket. She stood there and looked at the Foux, or at least that's what she thought it was, but the magic around him was not the usual.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 03:30:23 PM »
The market was crowded, too crowded for Cef to linger around. "Trying to get something you actually need shouldn't be hard, if you're alive that is, but when you're dead you tend to think of your past life." Cef thought to himself to remember that food is no longer necessary. He looked at some of the trinkets sold by a shady store keeper, one of them particularly catching his eye. "The amulet with a caged bird. How much for it?" Cef said and took out his good hand, the one with mostly normal plus few scars, and pointed at it

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 03:42:30 PM »
"That's 100 Palums right there." The rather shady merchant said chuckling to himself a little. At that moment, Syaoran, still dragging the Hybrid, caught up to him. He noticed the caged bird as well and looked at it closely. He frowned and turned toward the Foux next to him.

"It's a forgery. He's ripping you off." He then turned towards the merchant who was now a little worried as Syaoran began a minor incantation. Chains of light wrapped his hands around his stall. A member of the authorities soon came to officially arrest the con artist. Everyone in the market stared as he was carted off to jail.

Offline Cef

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:58:45 PM »
"I wasn't particularly interested in it's properties or it's uses. But now thanks to you he's just got a free lodging in prison. Now good day my strange suddenly appearing friend for I have... Work to do..." Cef said and walked away towards the back alley. He was looking for a way to roof. The view should be better up there and nobody should be able to spot his so-called deformities that easily. Finally he came to a ladde. "People shouldn't notice your skeletal hand would they? Hopefully.they won't" he muttered to himself and began climbing up

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »
Syaoran blinked for a moment and let go of the hybrid who has yet to answer any of his questions and pondered to himself. "Well that could've gone better. Wonder if I'll ever see him again? Something was a little off about him." He then turned around and noticed the gray felin in a group of people. He decided to talk to her. When he approached, he reached out his hand in a position for a handshake and said, "Hi, my name's Syaoran, what's yours?" (This is targeted to Abby by the way.)

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »
Froze for a moment as she could hear a distinct set of footsteps heading right for her, years of training her ears meant she could tell the difference between how people walked, reaching for one of the blades defensively she didn't draw the kukri but instead her moved her fingers over the hilt of it. Reaching out with her free hand after he introduced himself she replied rather punctually. "Abbygale. You cast the light spell?" going strait to the point as she was known to do.

Offline Reality Glitch

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-plant
  • Coloring: Purple
  • Currently: Taking the Hero's Path
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 04:24:03 PM »
Syaoran grabbed the hand outstretched to him and stood up. He brushed himself off.

"It's okay, just be careful next time. I'm Syaoran, what's your name?" He then noticed the other two people that kind of stood out like a sore thumb. He grabbed the Human-Luporo and rushed off to check them out. One was a white hooded man with a mask built in a way that suggested he was human. The other was a Foux who looked somewhat depressed and had a slight smell of necromantic magics.
"My name's Eli, it's nice to me--WHOA!"  And Now I was being carted of by a complete stranger.  Great.
"That's 100 Palums right there." The rather shady merchant said chuckling to himself a little. At that moment, Syaoran, still dragging the Hybrid, caught up to him. He noticed the caged bird as well and looked at it closely. He frowned and turned toward the Foux next to him.

"It's a forgery. He's ripping you off." He then turned towards the merchant who was now a little worried as Syaoran began a minor incantation. Chains of light wrapped his hands around his stall. A member of the authorities soon came to officially arrest the con artist. Everyone in the market stared as he was carted off to jail.
I responded w/ "Aw, so your a mage."
Syaoran blinked for a moment and let go of the hybrid who has yet to answer any of his questions and pondered to himself. "Well that could've gone better. Wonder if I'll ever see him again? Something was a little off about him." He then turned around and noticed the gray felin in a group of people. He decided to talk to her. When he approached, he reached out his hand in a position for a handshake and said, "Hi, my name's Syaoran, what's yours?" (This is targeted to Abby by the way.)
I did to answer his question.  Wait, I wasn't supposed to know that, how'd I know that?  Anyway, I said, "A bit trigger happy w/ the greeting aren't you there sonny?"

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »
Incedium watched as the merchant was carted away due to the acusations of the foux before turning back to mind his own buisness. "No need in getting mixed up with ever hooligan this city has to offer." he said to himself as he approached a book keeper's stand. Incedium looked over the tomes with the eye of a profesional, and eventualy chose one that stood out among the rest. The book was black leather with an etch of a skull on the front. The book had a powerful presence about it, and it reaked of Necromancy. He looked up at the seller, "How much is this?"

Offline fireheart126

• Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
To Eli, Syaoran said, "I'm a very social person if you haven't noticed. I like to get to know people a lot." He then turned to Abby, "Well it's nice to meet you. Yes I did." He then noticed that she had a hand over one of her weapons. "You don't have to worry. I'm not here to hurt you or arrest you like I did the other guy. You didn't do anything wrong that I'm aware of." He smiled to prove his point.

Meanwhile in another part of the market...

"That'll be 75 Palums sir, and between you and me, I've been trying to get rid of this thing for ages now. I have a feeling it's cursed. You seem to be able to handle most dangers though from your looks, but that's why this thing is so cheap, I just want it gone."

(Second part Targeted towards Incendium)

Offline Oedipus Rex

• Eager Elephant
  • Here we go again.
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
Incendium digs in his robe pocket and pulls out a pouch containing several gold and silver coins. He places some of the coins from the pouch onto the table and directs his attention to the merchant. "Cursed? Probably not. It just has strong powers and in inexperienced hands it can have some nasty side effects." Incendium says with an air of knowledge. "Thank you for your business."