The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rant: Trend Starter  (Read 441 times)

Offline Deleted Profile

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
Rant: Trend Starter
« on: August 31, 2013, 06:53:42 PM »
I'm gonna start off by saying I'm a bit scared here, obviously you're gonna ask. So, I've noticed that whenever I discover something good, it becomes super popular like 30 seconds after I become a fan of it. Take Ragecomics, for example. I was on a website called ffffuuucomic.com, back when the only things were "FFFUUU" and the trollface. I like them, so I bookmark the website. Now remember, this was back when no one knew about ragecomics. Then, a week after I became a fan of these "FFFUUU" comics, the world suddenly is filled with tons of faces from ragecomics. I'm pretty suspicious that someone is watching me, going "let's see what he likes, so the world can love it too" This sorta reminds me of The Truman Show. If anyone doesn't know what that is, it's a movie about a guy in a dome, being recorded 24/7. He doesn't know he's in a dome, being watched by 6,000,000,000 creepy stalkers, he thinks everything is normal. What I'm saying is whenever I like something that no one knows about, 30 seconds later BOOM! The entire planet knows about it. The same thing happened when I subscribed to Smosh and PewDiePie. I don't ever follow trends, but that doesn't mean I need to start them! Just watch, sooner or later, the internet will be FULL of Animal Crossing and Bloody Trapland!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Rant: Trend Starter
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 11:01:31 AM »
Well Animal crossing has been a trend since 2001, not sure about trap Land.

Sometimes I feel if you like something, that nobody else likes, and then other people like it, that's a good thing. It means that the artist that was under-appreciated is getting the respect and publicity that they deserve, right? Would you prefer your really awesome band or video game to make almost no money, or heaps of money?
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";