The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Another long distance...  (Read 300 times)

Offline DjentlemanFurry

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orangish
  • Height: 6'00
  • Weight: 150
  • Build: Slim
Another long distance...
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »
Ohhh this looks like the perfect place for this!
Okies... So about 6 months ago, skyping with one of my best furry friends from another forum, I had admitted my feelings for him, and he reciprocated them... So, my mom whom I live with (parents divorced) is very Internet paranoid. She works with abused kids, even cyber-sexually abused kids, so she only sees the dark side of the net, understandably so. So, when I came out to her and my relationship with this other kid, she flipped out, took all electronics away from me and grounded me until my dad convinced her otherwise. SO, we all video chatted together, to show her that he was who he said he was, and not a predator. Anyways, we met IRL, and he broke up with me for an unbenounced reason. Anyways, I swore off long distance relationships after that, and decided to look around locally. Thing is, everyone around me sucks. And this guy I started chatting with... For hours... I felt it. I didn't want to feel it, I really. Tried my best, but the feelings never subsided. I told him as well, as he also had bad luck with long distance, but, we both love eachother... So, we're getting closer together, and even though he lives in England and I Florida, I just can't shake the feeling. But, what I scared of is my mom. I'm horrible at keeping things a secret, but I just don't know what else to do...
You have no idea how many people think I'm actually a communist...

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
Re: Another long distance...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:01:35 PM »
Hmm, well, I would say (and this is just my opinion and advice) that you perhaps have a talk with her and slowly start to tell her. Also, I dno't know if the other person you're interested in knows about your mum being like this, but before your talk to your mother about this, mention this to your friend and 'warn' him of what happened last time. I'm sure he'll understand if you won't be able to go online for some time because you got grounded.
Also, when you start to notice your mother wants to take away your communication and such or anything else, perhaps you can suggest the idea of the video chat with your friend if that makes her feel more at ease. If not, then ask her what you can do to make her feel more at ease, if there is anything. She doesn't have to give an answer immediately, so tell her to take her time thinking of a reply to your question.
If she thinks a video call would be a good idea, then mention this also to your friend before, so he too is prepared for it.
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline DjentlemanFurry

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Orangish
  • Height: 6'00
  • Weight: 150
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 12:41:24 PM »
Hmm, well, I would say (and this is just my opinion and advice) that you perhaps have a talk with her and slowly start to tell her. Also, I dno't know if the other person you're interested in knows about your mum being like this, but before your talk to your mother about this, mention this to your friend and 'warn' him of what happened last time. I'm sure he'll understand if you won't be able to go online for some time because you got grounded.
Also, when you start to notice your mother wants to take away your communication and such or anything else, perhaps you can suggest the idea of the video chat with your friend if that makes her feel more at ease. If not, then ask her what you can do to make her feel more at ease, if there is anything. She doesn't have to give an answer immediately, so tell her to take her time thinking of a reply to your question.
If she thinks a video call would be a good idea, then mention this also to your friend before, so he too is prepared for it.

That's actually really helpful! Thank you!
You have no idea how many people think I'm actually a communist...

Offline Ventus Fall

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Most Online
  • The dragon caretaker
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Fur dragon
  • Coloring: Greens, reds and grey
  • Height: Approx. 2,10m (6.9ft) -with ears-
  • Build: Slender
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: -Local senpai- Will maybe have ninjurai's in the future.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »
No problems at all :)
If you need any help further with anything else, you may always PM me (or of course start another topic ^^
  • Signature art by: Mr. Razot
♦ The friendly fluffy furry art dragon ♦
-> PM me for any questions or if you just want to chat ^^ I love to help! <-

> > Ventus Fall's backstory and information. < <

Links to my art pages and more:

deviantArt - FurAffinity - YouTube - Twitch - Twitter

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »
Open communication is important, tell your potential new SO about your doubts and so forth. It's important that your potential relationship partner knows about your anxieties and bad experiences with a long distance relationship. But you also need to analyse how realistic your situation is, he is in England and you are in the United States, this doesn't make the relationship impossible, but means a lot of effort is going to have to be put in to make it work. A long distance relationship requires a lot of work to get people to meet up in person and it may take months or even years. Make sure you truly love this person and truly would do anything to be with them before you become super invested in the relationship, ask yourself whether you are willing to put up with the work, and not knowing the answer to the question, implies you might not be willing to.

You have to make sure that you think about this and think of some reasons to help evaluate why this relationship will be better than the last to your mum, but you need convince yourself of that before you convince her. If you need help with coming up with reasons, talk to your significant other, he probably will make a lot of sense and come up with some good arguments for the relationship. Talk to your SO and plan, talk to them about rules, what you'd need to do and how the relationship would work and how realistic it is, open communication is important and it might help you evaluate whether the relationship is feasible or not.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";