The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 343 times)

Offline Calamity

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Gray Wolf
  • Coloring: grey fur with white chest and feet and parts of tail
  • Height: 5 foot 10 inches
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: average
  • Currently: sad
Advice please
« on: May 31, 2013, 01:56:21 AM »
I haven't been in many serious relationships there was one with a girl that I liked but we both realized we were drifting apart  and broke things off that hurt for a while but I got over it. Now I really like this guy. We have been friends with since the 6th grade we are kinda like brothers. He came out of a difficult relationship last year. He is now ready to find someone else but I'm not sure if he is interested in me and I don't want to ruin our friendship if things don't work out so I've choose to let it be but I realize if I don't try to give it a shot i might be missing out on something great but I'm not sure how I should approach him.
Now life devalues day by day
As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that, even with regret, cannot be undone
Now frontiers shift like desert sands
While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history, in shades of grey
-A great day for freedom by Pink Floyd

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:13:24 AM »
  First thing is that open communication is super important. I think you should tell him your feelings about him but also the feelings about the situation, so tell him you like him but also you're worried that the relationship might not work out and explain why you worry that way, see what his input is.

Generally, I always think it's a good idea to take things slow, so if you and him do decide to go into a relationship it would be a good idea to at first see it as more of a casual thing rather than a super intimate and serious relationship. Just spend more time now, eventually build up the intimacy but keep it casual for the first few weeks (so if things don't work out, it's not as bad or as dramatic). After the first few weeks you get a bit more intimate, just kind of let this flow naturally rather than algorithmically, and eventually if you two are compatible you'll find yourself in a fantastic relationship. If you two aren't compatible and you took it slow, you might be able to see that you aren't compatible before things came too serious and breaking up won't be as harsh on you.

I'm sure things will work out but first ask him HIS opinion on the whole subject and go from there!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 10:33:30 AM »
Anoni know's what he's saying, trust me on that.

Also my advice would be to think about what could be going on with you on a mental and emotional level.
To what extent do you like him and do you think he could ever feel the same towards you?
Do you think that this is real and not just a rebound?
Could you see yourself dating him?
Could you realistically see him dating you?

Love is a very easy thing to mistake because it's not often that it truly comes around.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Sirius

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolff
  • Coloring: Black/grey/blue
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 220
  • Build: Heavyweight
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »
If your heart says go for it i say follow like others have said be open and honest about it and he'll probably do the same for you. Hopefully since you've known eachother so long he'll either be interested or be polite about not wanting to change your relationship. I wish you the best of luck i always like when stories have a happy ending.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!