The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lost My Mate  (Read 269 times)

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • "LETS FIGHTING LOVE!!!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan Malamute
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 205lbs
  • Build: Muscular, a bit husky :p
  • Currently: Lonely, worn out, stressed and bored.
Lost My Mate
« on: May 08, 2013, 12:48:17 AM »
Well, a year ago my mate left me. She cheated on me and then left... I spent months trying to get her back but in the end she found a new guy and didn't care about my pain. I almost ended it many times, and all for nothing.   I changed, and all my friends saw it. Well, I finally started slipping out of my depression but I really need a mate. I mean, it sucks being one of the only furs at my school, and the other one is my Ex-Boyfriend. [not the same ex that im talking about here] Well, if anyone has advice on forgetting about pain or finding a new mate, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Hinoko.

"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
Re: Lost My Mate
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:19:04 AM »
My advice may seem counterintuitive, but I believe you'll have more luck if you don't go about doing things with the exclusive purpose of finding a mate. Many of my friends, and myself included, have found partners by complete and utter accident. It can help if you are part of a group that partakes in an activity you enjoy, as that at least provides one criterium which you know you have in common with the others in the group and can be the catalyst for ultimately finding a mate. However, at the same time you never know when you might just run into "the one" on the street someday by sheer chance. What I can say with more certainty is you don't want to be too aggressive, because you may see a couple specific traits in a person, become enamored with them because you desire a mate so strongly, and end up in a relationship that on the whole isn't compatible even though it seems good at first. As cliche as it sounds, just keep your heart and your options open, and try to look to the future and the possibility of finding someone rather than dwelling in the past. If you ever need help with that, just know that you're in the midst of an extremely supportive community here who will always be willing to assist you if you ask for it.  :)

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:33 AM »
I completely agree with NovaAurora on this one. Don't meet people with the implicit intention of seeing them as "potential mates", the problem with that is you tend to only focus on the good rather than the bad and you can get up in a relationship with someone you don't truly love, or doesn't truly love you. See people as a "friend" first, I believe there's a stand hierarchy that should be followed, acquintance, friend, good friend, mate. Your mate should be a good friend before they become your mate, otherwise there's a lot of room for error in terms of picking a romantic partner
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 10:38:04 AM »
Yeah, thats what happened to me, she seemed perfect so I rushed in. And well, yeah. It was bad.
"To love is nothing, to be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything..."

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »
Look reflectively not regretfully! Learn from your mistakes bud, you've come out as a wiser and more strong person. Remember that and you will eventually find the one, I promise!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think I'd meet anyone, but I met my mate when I wasn't even looking for one. And he and I are incredibly happy together.  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Hinoko

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:09:07 PM »
Aww,  :P  Well, I hope your right. Thanks guys, you've been a great help!