The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Heroes: Rising (OOC) (Open!)  (Read 4038 times)

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
Heroes: Rising (OOC) (Open!)
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:17:10 PM »
This is an RP based off of the tv series Heroes.

Story: (Takes place during the show) You are a meta-fur. You were born with a genetic marker that allowed you to surpass your fellow furs on the evolutionary scale and do remarkable things. But there are some who wish to take it from you, and those who wish to take you from the world. You must learn to hone your abilities, avoid capture, and find others like you, to help you understand. Whether you will use these powers for good or evil is up to you.

First off, a couple rules: no empaths like Peter Petrelli, no intuitive aptitude like Sylar, no power stealing like Peter's father (although, temporarily i'm willing to give on.) Here's a list of available powers, and if you have your own idea, tell me what it is, then i'll give you the thumbs up for use. http://heroeswiki.com/Abilities

Character Sheet:

Name:
Natural or Synthetic Ability:
Height:
Weight:
Species(fursona):
Character Description/History:

Here's mine

Name: Luke
Ability: Telekinesis (The ability to move objects with mind.)
Natural or Synthetic: Natural
Height: 6' 10"
Weight: 140
Species: Wolf-lion hybrid
Character Description/History: Parents supposedly died when he was very young. Was put into foster care at the age of 5, then began to discover his powers at the age of 16. As a result of being an orphan, rather quiet and shy. When powers first developed, he accidentally destroyed a City Hall in former hometown. Ran, then ended up in Colorado.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:18:02 PM by Luke White-Heart »
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Re: Heroes: Rising
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
Hmm... gonna have troubles choosing just one power... a lot of them seem cool...

Maybe space-time, maybe the terrorist's...

*LATER*

Ok, quick question...

Depending on the powers in question, is it possible to have five or six different ones, one of them being improved accuracy? or is that too much?

Cause I have an idea...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:44:27 PM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1&quot;
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »
Name: Katelyn Syen
Ability (give brief description): Ability to manipulate matter she touches. Reshaping it, compressing, moving, and such/
Natural or Synthetic Ability:  Natural.
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 210
Species(fursona): Arctic Fox
Character Description/History: She came from Russia to live in the US at the age of 19. Her parents are deceased and she is alone. From the age of 17 she knew she had powers, but instead of shunning them she practiced. Now she is currently training herself in swordsmenship in her small apartment. Having her ability tends to make her shun others as she feels alone in this world.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:53:12 PM by FurryJunky »
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:46 AM »
Hmm... gonna have troubles choosing just one power... a lot of them seem cool...

Maybe space-time, maybe the terrorist's...

*LATER*

Ok, quick question...

Depending on the powers in question, is it possible to have five or six different ones, one of them being improved accuracy? or is that too much?

Cause I have an idea...

Well, cif, i think what you're talking about is Peter's ability, which is empathic mimicry, which leaves too much room for godmodding. But, the kind of powers you're talking about, if most of the abilities were passive, (i.e. not lightning, telekinesis, etc.,) then that would be okay. If you want, post a your ideas.
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 03:18:44 AM »
I cant wait to start this RP. I loved the series. So addicted to it. *Hawks down the thread*

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 01:20:14 PM »
Nor can i! We just need a couple more people... :S

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
Re: Heroes: Rising (OOC)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 12:51:40 AM »
hmm... i was thinking like accelerated probability, danger sensing, lung adaptation, Mohinder's ability, and possibly the terrorist's ability.
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Shapeshifter

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • only one of my forms... the Thel
    • DeviantArt
    • Roleplay Forum
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter
  • Coloring: varies
  • Height: varies
  • Weight: varies
  • Build: varies
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
Name: Tanja Droverson
Ability (give brief description):
shape shifting
she can become species she touches and change colors of them since it's in their DNA
she has about 20
forms so far:
- Wolf
- Lion
- Tiger
- Western Dragon
- Crocodile/Aligator
- Orca
- Polar Bear
- Raptor
- Shark
- Thel
- Goat
- Fox
- Otter
- Horse
- Central Dragon
- Bee
- Mouse
- Smilodon
- Peacock
- Cobra

Natural or Synthetic Ability: natural
Height: Thel: 5' 11'' - other species vary
Weight: Thel: 170 - other species vary
Species: Thel (born)
Character Description/History:
Tanja was born as a Thel (mix of Tiger, Goat and Western Dragon) in Los Angeles and lived a happy life until she realized she could take the forms of the three animals her species consisted of.
It was brief moments at first and she practiced alone in her hiding place until she was able to keep the forms indefinitely. That was at the age of 10.
One day she noticed that there were more information of species in her and she started changing into them realizing that she had been in contact with those so far in her life.
At some point her mother caught her and was devastated so she decided to leave and is now on her own for about 5 years.
She is afraid to use her power and supresses the urge should it arise.
She can read and write and does jobs she is good at but she doesn't stay too long at one place afraid to be detected by her parents or the autorities.
  • Avatar by: Captain Laura Parkins, Avatar by TheWhiteKitsune
Shapeshifter

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 06:36:15 PM »
hmm... i was thinking like accelerated probability, danger sensing, lung adaptation, Mohinder's ability, and possibly the terrorist's ability.
Hmm...which terrorist? And...if you're willing to be a synthetic meta, i could allow all those abilities.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 12:58:12 AM »
Hmm...which terrorist? And...if you're willing to be a synthetic meta, i could allow all those abilities.
Future terrorist... the green energy beam one.
And... no clue what that is, but sure.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 01:04:25 AM »
Well, synthetic abilities aren't natural, and can go wrong. Like Jessica and Niki.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 12:42:23 AM »
Well, we've already talked about this, so... I'll work on making a character.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 12:48:36 AM »
Once Windtail has his char sheet, think we will have enough people? We can allways keep it open and introduce new people like the show does.

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 03:05:44 AM »
Yeah. Maybe one more person...if we can spread the word about it. If that doesn't happen, we'll start and allow people to come on.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 03:08:14 AM »
Sounds like a plan.