The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I am worried I just lost my friend  (Read 315 times)

Offline Argus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray,Black
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 185
I am worried I just lost my friend
« on: September 19, 2012, 03:23:32 AM »
I was talking to my friend over skype text and I asked him if he could keep a secret. He jokingly said that depends is it toxic illegal or going to kill me. I laughed and said. ...I am a furry. He didn't respond I waited for 5 min then I said please respond. He then went offline. I called his cell which he always keeps next to him and he didn't answer. So out of anger I removed him from my contacts in skype. I am scared. We have been friends for more than 3 years and He is the best friend I have had. I made a joke about furries to him a while back to see were he stood on them. I said something about tanooki mario. I asked him how he would discribe a furry and he said "and weird person who thinks/dreams they are an anthropimorfic animal for sexual plesure." I brought myself to laugh since my brother was there and he doesn't know I am a furry either. That was about 1 year ago and I thought I need to know if he would change his opinan for me. So I told him. My heart is pounding. He now knows and is the only person who actually knows me in real life and knows. I am to worried to tell my mom since she is a person who investigates WAY to deply in to EVERYTHING I EVER WANT TO DO. My brother believes what my friend said about furries. I really am worried.  :'(

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
Re: I am worried I just lost my friend
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:22:05 AM »
Well, to be honest, if he starts to dislike you for the fact you just trusted him with a secret like that, then he's not exactly what I would call a dependable friend. If he really did that because you told him that, then I would say he's what you call a "fair weather friend." And those aren't the kinds of friends I'd really advise...

But, really, don't be so cynical. If you really think of him so highly, give him a chance before blocking him out. Who knows? He may just text you soon, or call you, or send you some kind of message. It very well could have been something out of his control. For example, my ex and I were texting; but suddenly, she disappeared. I thought she'd fallen asleep, so I went to bed. Woke up the next morning, and nothing. Three days? Nothing. Two weeks? Nothing. It was another month until she even said a thing to me; apparently she fell asleep, her brother took her phone, turned it off, and hid it in his car because she was up a little later than usual, on a weekend.

Now, I'm not saying your friend has family like that, or that that is his situation. But literally anything could have happened. This does seem coincidental, though. But still, give him more time; it may be something he really needs to think about, or really needs to overcome. I know you think highly of him, but you should really consider letting go if he won't accept you for who you are. If he never responds again, so be it; you can't force anyone to like you, even if you thought they did.

I really don't think you should have removed him, to be honest. I know it was probably an impulsive decision, but that may have done more harm than good. I say send him another contact request, with a little apology for removing him so hastily. If he denies it, then you know where it stands, and you must move on; spending time worrying about the people who dislike you is pointless. If it has happened, and I hope not, but; stick with these forums, buck up, make some friends, and in no time, you'll have a brand new friend whom you can spend time with just like you used to with him.

I hope everything turns out for the better.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 05:09:43 AM »
You're not positive whether you have lost a friend or not, my suggestion would be to try and contact him and get things sorted out. I'm sure your friend is a reasonable person and there is a hundred other explanations for why he didn't respond, as Sytex said. My suggestion would be to add him back on contacts and try to contact him, if you contact him and he does indeed have a problem with furries, ask him why. His answer might be "I don't condone having sex with animals" show him evidence (such as this forum) that having sex with animals is an entirely different thing all together. He is most likely a reasonable person and if he does have a dislike for furries it would be primarily due to misunderstandings, which can be fixed. If you are going to confront him on it, don't assume he doesn't like furries, because you're unsure about that, but prepare some arguments JUST IN CASE he doesn't like furries, which he may very well just of had an internet problem.

I know how hard it is to come out to people about something like that, you are in a very emotional state and when something goes just a little off, you'll jump to conclusions and think everything is going to go wrong. It's ok, that's normal, but you just have to realize that you're in that state of mind. It's very important to keep your cool and not get angry at your friend, just keep your cool and try to get things sorted out.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Argus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 05:51:14 AM »
Thank you so so much for the reply. I was feeling depressed. I had an idea though and I acted. I thought to send him a friend request. Then I sent him a message. He will get it the next time he goes online. I told him this "I told you something that was completely rediculos to 1 see if I can trust you with anything and 2 to down size my actual secret. The thing is I have autism and am embarressed about it. I feel upset how you over reacted about me being a freaking furry. You real think I would be a furry. Come on you know me." I feel bad that I sent that since even my friend can't take the fact the I am a furry. But he is the first friend I have ever had. I think that is why I am a furry. 

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:34:57 AM »
I guess my only question would be if you really have Autism.

Because personally, I think that telling someone you have a hobby/interest of being a furry, compared to having a disorder like Autism, are on two totally different pages ><

Offline Argus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 06:44:36 AM »
Yes I have autism and think this is the way out of my predicament. I wish I could tell him about me being a fur but I think that my friendship is more inportant than reveiling my big secret. I will update you in the morning to see if he responds if not. I just don't know :/

Post Merge: September 20, 2012, 05:37:50 AM
Ok so I talked to my friend a while ago and he said that it was funny that my lie was a furry. The reason he went offline is because since it is a weekday his parents have the Internet turn off at 11  :D I was so worried over that and it turns out I didn't even the Internet. Something that bothers me though is he sent four Skype messages that he removed and I have never seen. I asked him what they were and he said they were about the lie so it doesn't even madder and "I wouldn't want to know your answers". That is going to buy me a ton having him say that. Though I am glad he believed my lie stating I told him a lie. Now I need to either never mention it again or get more info on what he really thinks of furs. Do you have any ideas on what I should do and how to handle it. My lie wasn't complete a lie. I do have autism and I am glad I used that as my way out. What would you have done. Let's say you told your only friend you were a furry and they went crazy what would you have done. Anyway I am tired and I have school tomorrow it is 1:38 and I need to get all 5 hours of sleep I have.  XD
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:37:50 AM by Argus, Reason: Merged DoublePost »