The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Friends  (Read 405 times)

Offline Zane_ticytacs

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fossa
  • Coloring: Orange and Brown
Friends
« on: September 03, 2012, 04:18:30 AM »
I don't make friends easily. When I do make friends I keep them close, very close. They become my best friends, my life. When you become my friend you have my trust 100% and I will do anything and everything for you. The problem with that is it often turns into a one sided relationship. Others do not become as invested in the friendship as I, or at least not as quickly as I do and they leave.

This often leaves me heart broken.

I have horrible self esteem, and this makes me very dependent on my friends for a support system.

I am down to only a few friends and this is causing me to struggle in my everyday life.

I am so alone now. I am shy. I keep trying to put myself out there. On here, on other sites, and in person. I don't know what I was hoping to gain from writing this. Not even sure if I should post it. :S

I don't know if I am looking for advice or just someone to listen, feel free to ignore me.

Offline Sij

• Boisterous Bear
  • Probably the coolest fox ever.
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
  • Weight: 155 pounds
  • Build: In very good physical shape, lots of muscle, but it's lean and not bulky at all.
  • Currently: Glad to be back in the US of A. :)
Re: Friends
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 04:53:46 AM »
The friends that matter are the ones that invest just as much. I would say starting here at the forums is a good place to find people such as this, especially sense you have common interests.
Die the same way you were born, screaming and bathed in blood.
Who and what are simple questions, but why, will always make people cower. - My friend Eamon
The ones going into battle expecting the worst, are also prepared for the worst. - Me
Is the glass half empty or half full? If empty, you can still drink out of a half empty cup. - Me
Don't be stupid. - Me

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Bo

• Avid Aardvark
  • Who am i? I could be anyone.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mutt
  • Coloring: light brown, black hair with some blonde
  • Build: slightly muscular
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »
I know exactly how you feel Zane. I'm kinda the same way. Just know that your true friends are those that stick with you and put just as much as you do in the relationship. I hope you make alot of good friends here :3 and its always good to talk bout things that are bothering you :3

Offline Zane_ticytacs

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Fossa
  • Coloring: Orange and Brown
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:20 AM »
Thank you guys.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »
I used to have the same problems your having. Back in Highschool I had allot of people who would normally take advantage of my "Giving" nature, Its normally the small things like copying homework and stuff. And they claimed to be my friends. Its all well and good but I noticed how unhappy I was with it all, so I decided to put my foot down, I stopped helping allot of people I knew and then they started to just "Float" away, the ones that stayed I noticed where my real friends. There are three of them I still talk too today. And I can say without a shadow of a dough, They are my BEST friends and I'm happy for knowing them and having them in my life.

What I advice you is try and find out who are your REAL friends to avoid allot of disappointment. And you allready did a big step, Looking for people with the same interests as yourself. ^_^
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.