The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Medieval Fantasy RP  (Read 5002 times)

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline
  • Coloring: Light tan
  • Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 380Lbs (with armor)
  • Build: Built to kill
  • Currently: FEELING GREAT!
Medieval Fantasy RP
« on: September 16, 2012, 10:27:10 PM »
Well before I start the scenarios I will tell you about the character limits and what is and is not aloud.

First off its Medieval, So no future tech, Guns, And such.
For your character, They cannot be very proficient in MANY fields of combat that would be total opposites of eachother.
For example you cant have a legendary swordsmen that can also shoot a bow hitting a falling leaf... Not realistic.
And then there is magic.... I LOVE magic personally, but the fact that there is many kinds all at varying degrees makes it very Over Power for those who don't have any. So to even it out all magic must start at a VERY low level.
Healing magic cannot heal someone to "Perfect Health" instantly. And it also cannot be used in mid-combat. If your character is healing another, It should be like therapy, Where they attempt to heal over the course of a week or so, Where the would gets better over time.

Combat magic such as Fire balls, Lightning out of your hand, And other forms of high power magic like that I wont allow.
Being able to shoot fire out of your hand is OP in my opinion.
Some combat magics I will allow would be physical attribute enhancers, Weapon enhancers, and such.
If you really do want to be able to shoot fire out of your hands.. Or lightning, I will make exceptions and limitations. Also you will need to develop your ability over the course of the RP.

Curse magic is one of those iffy kinds. This kind of magic is where you use a spell to effect your opponents weather it would be restraining there legs, sleep spell, a slow acting poisen, and such. You can use these kinds but please limit the use as to not be invincible.

Just keep in mind that if you do use magic, It must be a specialized ability where it will be taxing on the user.
P.S. You can have magical items.

The scenario is up for debate. First I want to hear everyones Else's idea before giving my own.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:28:13 AM by FurryJunky »
  • Avatar by: ~dcwj @ deviantart.com

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline pirncess_alice

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
  • Currently: bored and lonely
Re: Medieval Fantasy RP
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
hello friend
single and lonely

Offline Rekkr

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Polar Bear
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 8' 4''
  • Weight: 1,125 lbs.
  • Build: Bulky, muscled with a round gut
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 12:08:03 AM »
I'd be very interested in this sort of RP. As for ideas for a scenario, I think it should start in a place where a variety of individuals might meet; a town on the edge of a kingdom, a tavern, or well-known market, etc. This should be sort of a focal point where different PCs would converge, perhaps with a similar interest in mind. If ,perhaps, its military-style or related to a guild or organization it could start in a barracks or a meeting hall. These are just a few things I'll throw out there.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 12:12:42 AM »
Glad to see someone is interested. And I agree with that. Which ever scenario we choose we should have one or two main gathering points we all meet at, so we can develop interaction with each other. But we need a conflict. Something that we are trying to achieve. I have a few ideas but first I would like to hear yours.

A Game of Thrones-I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men.

Offline Rekkr

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 12:58:22 AM »
Well, when it comes to conflict there's always the tried-and-true army of evil, but I suppose there's also the guardians of a lost secret ruin/treasure. There could also be conflict amongst the PCs themselves, whether it be differing interests, factional disputes, religion, etc. Once again, I'm just giving ideas, ultimately this is still your RP.

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09:45 AM »
Army of evil... Its a classic and has ever changing possibility's. Plus plenty of things to kill.  But there needs to be substance, That's a basic idea, but to truly become something good it needs a big of paa-zaas. I have an idea. It can be the underworld that is the evil thing. And in the realm of the living there are rifts that are opening into the underworld. At thees rifts blight is spreading along with creatures of evil and corruption.

Offline Rekkr

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 04:17:48 AM »
Good, let's expand upon that idea. Who or what is causing the portals? What sort of hellions spew forth from them? Is the corruption organic, coating everything in alien mess, or aetheric, fundamentally changing everything it touches causing things to wither or warp? How will we, as the protagonists, close said gates?

It might seem like I'm trying to avoid specific details, but I very much like seeing other people's narratives. It always brings something fresh. :3

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 11:12:59 AM »
Well From each rift in the earth blight will spread at a slow rate. Blight is pure corruption that kills everything it touches. Certain individuals tho are able to resist the blight, and because of this they are highly sough after to fight the evil. As for the monsters that the rift spews out, they are monsters of corruption and evil. They can be anything from goblins and bone dragons, to a corrupted bear and dire wolfs. There are basically two groups. Pure evil, and the Corrupted wild life.
As for how to close them, I would need to think of something.

Offline pirncess_alice

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »
so u start an rp and ill take it from there ok
single and lonely

Offline Rekkr

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 02:08:40 AM »
Alright, then. As soon as that's figured out we can begin in earnest.

Offline Kit Aalish

• Boisterous Bear
  • at the end of fear, oblivion.
    • Awards
  • Species: Holloween Fox
  • Coloring: crimson red fur. tip of tail is orange. chest fur is white. short black hair. tips of ears also oange.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 160llbs
  • Build: a slim fit "surfer" build
  • Currently: lonely but not as much anymore
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 06:53:21 PM »
I would love to be a part of this rp. Id have to change my outfit a little but I have a few ideas for that. And my fighting skills are fit for a rouge char. So if its started already just let me know how I can enter and if not just let me know when it does. I haven't midevil rped in a little while so I may be a bit rusty but I just rp a lot so I'm good there. Oh and I'm only an aprentince in time magic. Not for combat but for slowly reversing wounds or poison effects. (The ideas are still a work in progess).

Scout Sniper

Offline pirncess_alice

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »
ok * sits down and looked  up at them *
single and lonely

Offline FurryJunky

• Gregarious Gnu
  • Saber Cat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »
We still need a starting point and character sheets. I need to think  on what should be included... Ill post an example later once I have given it some though, but for now we need to think of a place we all can start. What I'm thinking is a city that had a rift open up close by. The blight has already spread to the river that runs by the city, poising the people slowly. We can play as inhabitants or forces that are recruited for fighting off the hordes of demons.

Also... If you are going to join please. Post at least three lines or more.

Offline pirncess_alice

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 05:27:27 PM »
ok i like the sound of that and ill try some times i do qiuck respons
single and lonely

Offline Kit Aalish

• Boisterous Bear
  • at the end of fear, oblivion.
    • Awards
  • Species: Holloween Fox
  • Coloring: crimson red fur. tip of tail is orange. chest fur is white. short black hair. tips of ears also oange.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 160llbs
  • Build: a slim fit "surfer" build
  • Currently: lonely but not as much anymore
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »
That sounds great. Being as I'm a rouge ill most likely be a resdent. I could be from a local thives guild whose only interest in stoping the blight is because its bad for business but my char will have his own reasons. I'm still thinking about what those reasons are but I like the idea of starting in a town. Maye we can all be in the local tavern when the ift opens, then we are the only ones who don't run away from but towards the blight instead.

Scout Sniper