The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Graphics Ever  (Read 5150 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Best Graphics Ever
« on: August 23, 2012, 11:15:23 AM »
What game do you think has the best graphics ever, post some screenshots or a trailer to say your suggestion!

I'm going to have to say Battlefield 3:

Has the best graphics of any shooter I've ever seen.

While GTA5:

Has probably the best graphics of any Open world game.

The best graphics I've ever seen though, have to come from the racing games:

Tell me your opinion and any games you think would deserve the title :D
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Best Graphics Ever
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »
Yeah, I personally think Racers have had the best graphics, by far. And yet you never hear about them, it's always Call of Duty. Which has horrid graphics ><;

Personally, I'm not sure. I'd say that the best graphical game I've played was BF3, though I also give it to Sonic Unleashed/Generations. For being like, a Sonic game, those levels look amazing, regardless of if you're going high-speed or not, though that's quite some rendering power right there. I know someone'll disagree with me, though >>

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »
Well, for a semi-rant. While BF3 certainly has nice graphics I wouldn't call it the best as one thing keeps annoying me to death: THE COLORS. The screenshot you posted isn't that bad, but it has WAY too much graytone, colors look washed out and undersaturated. In some maps and places there is also an UGLY blue tinting over it all which imo look horrid. An other thing is that I find it way to bright overall, the whites are unnaturally white (it has a very harshly bright white, in real life the brightness is much more soft and natural) and the blacks in relation to that gives a feeling of a way too blown up contrast compensation. (I can prove this in 5 minutes with photoshop or lightroom, just like you do post processing with any photo).

For me, the Crysis series would still hold the crown for the best graphics for an FPS. The original and Crysis 2 are both extremely pleasing in both the art style and graphics (due to having AWESOME detailed textures). Crysis 2 must also have the best water graphics I have ever seen in any game and what I've seen from Crysis 3 (youtube videos etc..) shows that it will deliver amazingly detailed graphics. I also feel the colors in these games are awesome, very life-like with a futuristic perspective and very VIBRANT and beautiful.

Those racing game screenshots however must indeed be some of the best I've ever seen.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
The colours aren't graphics, they're just Aesthetics, they chose to make the game have very grey gritty colours, but if you've seen a game like Mirrors Edge which uses a similar system, you'd know that you can have vibrant colours on that game.

...wait
We've already been in an argument about Crysis 2 and BF3 before :P

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
The colours aren't graphics, they're just Aesthetics, they chose to make the game have very grey gritty colours, but if you've seen a game like Mirrors Edge which uses a similar system, you'd know that you can have vibrant colours on that game.
It's linked to graphics I think as it's still part of the look and appeal of the image.
And now I'm not speaking of what the engine is capable of and what they/you could do but how it looks without doing a bunch of tweaking which you shouldn't imo need to do.

I know we've had the argument before, but in conclusion, as they indented it to look out of the box, it looks pretty ugly to me, especially on my monitor which has a high-end ips panel and is dedicated for photography work and digital slideshows as well as a movie here and there.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 02:39:16 PM »
Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, we've already discussed this a lot that's why I'm not debating it XD

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 04:20:02 PM »
While they each have their own flaws, I have to say I do very much enjoy the graphics and style of both Heavy Rain and the Assassin's Creed series.

And I also bother to mention them also because their soon-upcoming subsequent games look even better, from what you can see in the trailers.

Beyond: Two Souls, by the makers of Heavy Rain:

http://youtu.be/mOWN7d0125o

And AC3:

http://youtu.be/gZrklEy9ohQ

LA Noire also looks awesome from what little I've seen of it. I haven't gotten to play it myself, but I've watched bits of it, and those facial animations are pretty amazing (start the video around 3:40 for an example).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF47oVUxJXI&feature=player_detailpage#t=165s

And Arkham City probably deserves a mention too.

Whether they do or don't look realistic necessarily, I think all of the above games count as being visually stunning at the very least.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
GTA4 with the ICEnhancer mod can look really good:
GTA IV Times Square New York City time-lapse, iCEnhancer 1.25

As well as Just cause 2 on some occasions:

I think though what adds to JC2's graphics IMO is everything you see in that picture is actually explorable

Offline Talos

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 04:14:18 AM »
By reading the topic title, I thought this was a sarcastic topic, which woukd actually be about the worst graphics ever.

Anyway, in my opinion, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Sonic Generations/Colors, and, I'm surprised no one mentioned this, but
Skyrim. Skyrim's graphics are breathtaking. Oblivion also, because Oblivion actuay had beautiful graphics for its time, and they're actually still great graphics by today's standards.

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 04:30:55 AM »
The graphics for that racing game, I would have assumed as real, had you not pointed out it was a video game. o__o

Anyway, best graphics for me, for games I've played at least, are Starfox Adventures and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Starfox Adventures:

Super Mario Galaxy 2:

• Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Kamoku

• Avid Aardvark
  • I smell like feet.
    • DeviantArt
    • Kamoku's Google+ Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Gooey Balloon Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange: body, Brown: tip of ears/paw pads, Orangeish White: tip of tail/belly/bottom of snout/inside ears, Yellow: eyes, Black: pupil/nose
  • Height: 4ft
  • Weight: 10lb
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »
Not really a game but: Unlimited Detail Real-Time Rendering Technology Preview 2011 [HD]
I'm not sure how real it is, but I personally think it's for real.
  • Signature art by: Me

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38:20 AM »
Not really a game but: Unlimited Detail Real-Time Rendering Technology Preview 2011 [HD]
I believe that was actually proved to be fake. Also I don't recall the comments being disabled a year ago!
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Kamoku

• Avid Aardvark
  • I smell like feet.
    • DeviantArt
    • Kamoku's Google+ Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Gooey Balloon Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange: body, Brown: tip of ears/paw pads, Orangeish White: tip of tail/belly/bottom of snout/inside ears, Yellow: eyes, Black: pupil/nose
  • Height: 4ft
  • Weight: 10lb
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
I believe that was actually proved to be fake. Also I don't recall the comments being disabled a year ago!

I'd have to see the proof before I believed it was fake, cuz from what I've seen proving it's true I believe it's true.  Also they're actually gonna be selling the stuff for this thing soon, so if they're actually selling it and expect to make more than however much just a few copies cost they wouldn't lie about what the program is capable of (I know there's a thing called scamming, but for it to be worth while they'd have to scam a lot of people, and the type of people who'd be interested in this are likely the type to do research before buying it).
  • Signature art by: Me

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 07:20:46 AM »
I know Notch said it was fake, but the guys who did unlimited detail sent a reply video.
Regardless, my friend actually knows one of the people working on that company and he assures me it's not fake (but he doesn't know the guy very well).

Watchdogs is looking fairly good :P