The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Trials of Khordom: The Beginning  (Read 10399 times)

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
Trials of Khordom: The Beginning
« on: August 20, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »
Church bells rang in the distance, sounding above even the clamor of the streets below Jynx's window.  He rolled over, groaning as he rubbed his arm.  It'd been a hard night, what with sparring with Vi. The kangaroo hit hard... she was much stronger than she first seemed, at a glance. He got to his feet, glancing around his room.  His weapons lay nearby, where he always left them polished every night before he slept.  A chest sat at the end of the bed with a basin.  Jynx smiled and hurried to dress.  If the church bells were anything to go by, it was an hour past sunrise.  Half an hour to school, as per usual.  Wouldn't hurt to skip wash up though, since he always showered before bed...
 Jynx tucked his weapons into his belt or bag, looking out the window.  Stalls ran along the street, canvas glowing in the early light.  Patrons sped here and there for goods, dressed in styles from all over.  Cart wheels clicked and clacked down the streets.  He stretched.  He'd have to be careful not to get trampled.  It wasn't much fun, and Vi would never let him live it down.  With one last look at the clock (Right on time), he hurried out the door. The streets weren't as bad as he thought.  There was room to walk, barely, and it didn't take long to hitch a ride on an unsuspecting cart to the school.  Overhead, the buildings, most older, some newer, loomed.  Jynx closed his eyes.  He imagined the wall set up around the town.  One day, he and Vi would beat it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The ride was uneventful, jumping off one cart and onto another as he went.  Before long the school loomed in front of him.  Vi waved from the steps.  "Were ya' been, slowpoke?" she said as he stopped in front of her. "Gamblin' with the crowds.  You know-"  He stopped short as the church bells rang again, thundering above the town.  Jynx counted the rings.  Nine.  He looked over at Vi in confusion.  "Nine rings? But it's only about 7:59..." "Oh, that clock always messes up from time to time," she said, shrugging. 
"It skipped two hours!"
Vi smiled at him. "Stop worrying. It's just a screw-up, nothing more." She patted his right shoulder, recalling last night and knowing that his other shoulder was probably still sore. "Now let's get to class. Don't want to be late!" 
Jynx nodded as they hurried inside with the other, murmmering students.  But despite everything seeming normal, Jynx couldn't think about anything else but the clock.
"I'm serious, Vi," he said as they got their schoolbooks from their lockers. "I think I read something about nine rings before... and I think it meant that something bad was gonna happen..."
The kangaroo shrugged. "Well, you can check it out after school. Right now, we have class."
Jynx sighed. "Ok... but I can't help but feel that something's going to change for the worse..."

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:27:28 PM by Cifero Windtail »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Roar. Return of a VanHellsing.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Water Dragon
  • Coloring: Silver-blue scales, purple hair with silver eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slim but lithe
  • Currently: Kit's going through many transformations as an ice dragon X3
Re: Trials of Khordom: The Beginning
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:05:51 PM »
A ruckus could be heard somewhere down the halls. It sounded like clattering and the possible sound of breaking glass. The only Hell Mongrel in the school sprints down the hall, his eyes wide, but glinting with mischievousness. Soon after, teachers follow after him, chasing him for some odd reason. For what, he didn't know why, but it was really strange. His appearance maybe? Shaking his head, he looks over his shoulder and grinned, disappearing down a side hall, pressing himself against the wall. Surprisingly, his hiding spot works and they run right past him. Checking to make sure the way was clear, he steps back out into the hallway, continuing on to class as usual. His grey eyes flick between people, his body language wary. He knew no one here, having just moved from his last home. Many eyes fall onto him for what he is and his appearance, making him hiss in annoyance. "People need to sto-" He's cut off as he accidentally runs into another student, unbeknownst to him, Jynx. Backing up slightly, he glares and the spikes on his back quiver slightly. "..."
  • Signature art by: IrondaS - photobucket

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 11:08:06 PM »
Rachel glided through the school doors, alighting on a small perch to get into her locker.  Before she could reach the lock, however, something grabbed her leg and swung her away.  She yelped.  "Aww, what's the matter?  Not big enough to get away?"

Rachel struggled desparately to get out of her attacker's grip, a large yak anthro with a penchant for picking on smaller anthros.  "Leave me alone Vin!  I need to get my book!"  Panic shot through her as Vin grinned.  Yellowed teeth blended into blonde fur and orangey-brown eyes.

"Well, I'll help you get your books." He opened her locker easily and tossed her in, putting his own lock on the outside.  Rachel banged on the door as hard as she could and yelled at him to let her out, but he was already long gone to terrorize others.

"Dammit...  Where's Jynx when you need him?" she muttered, banging her head ightly on the door. 
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:23:02 PM »
Jynx stumbled backwards slightly as Aolith ran into him, and might have fallen down if Vi hadn't caught him.
He looked up at the kangaroo. "Thanks Vi."
She smiled. "No problem."
Standing back up, he looked over at Aolith. "I'm really sorry about that," he said, extending a hand. "I should have been paying more attention." He studied the Hell Mongrel with interest. "Anyway, never seen anybody like you before..." The feline glanced behind Aolith and saw the teachers that had been chasing Aolith calm down and return to their normal work...

And then he noticed something out of the corner of his eye.

"One second," he said, walking past Aolith to a specific locker. A huge Yak was smiling and chuckling, about to walk away. Getting close, Jynx suddenly lashed out and placed his hand on a certain spot on the Yak's neck, causing him to suddenly pass out. Stepping over the unconscious bully, the feline went up to the locker and opened it, revealing Rachel. "Are you ok?"
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 11:30:17 PM »
He looks at Jynx's outstretched hand and blinks. No one had ever tried to talk to him, aside from screaming and running away calling him the Devil's child. Tilting his head slightly, he relaxes a little, but the spikes at his back still quiver, keeping him wary of them. "Of course you haven't seen me. I'm the only one of my kind." He explains before watching the feline free the bullied Rachel from her locker. His tail sways slightly across the ground, but doesn't hit any of them, since he was trying to not injure anyone while he was here. Looking at Vi, he nods to her slightly, wondering what her reaction was to him, but not daring to ask. "Besides, I should have been paying attention." He says quietly, leaning against the wall to try to get used to their presences, having never been around anyone like them.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 11:34:26 PM »
"Actually, I think that you both weren't paying attention," Vi said, smiling at Aolith. "But that was my perspective."

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »
Rachel windmilled her arms, catching herself on Jynx's shoulder.  "Thanks.  I REALLY need to get my locker moved," she said, jumping lightly to the perch nearby.  She glanced at the Hell Mongrel while gathering her supplies.  She edged behind Jynx some.  "Uh, hi?"

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »
Jynx looked back at Rachel. "It's ok, he's friendly," the cat said, smiling.

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 07:14:13 PM »
He tilts his head slightly at the word friendly, blinking a couple times. "Friendly.." He murmurs, testing the foreign word on his forked tongue. "Hmm, nope. That just doesn't sound like me." He grinned slightly sarcastically.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 10:40:57 PM »
Jynx looked back at Rachel, shrugging. "Well..."
"He at least won't hurt you," Vi said, jumping in unliterally. "I mean, he seems like a nice enough guy..."
Jynx nodded. "Yeah, what she said." He shot a thankful glance at Vi.

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 12:08:48 AM »
He offers them a toothy grin, his forked tongue flicking a couple times. "I'm not completely harmless, but I'm not really gonna do anything." He says with a light nod. "Besides, I don't need the teachers on my tail again." He mumbles under his breath. "Anyways, I won't harm you if you don't harm me." He says, pushin off from the wall slightly.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 12:54:06 PM »
Rachel readjusted her bag on her shoulders.  "I don't think that'd be a problem."

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:11 PM »
"Fine by me.. and Vi seems to trust you, as well," Jynx said, walking over.

Vi nodded. "I won't cause any trouble." She looked to Aolith. [size=78%]"So... where are you from?"[/size]

Offline Kitane Blackfyre

• Kuddly Kitten
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 07:02:18 PM »
He blinks a couple times, not because he didn't want to answer, but because he honestly didn't know. "I've been moved around from place to place, so I'm not sure." He says as he pushes a strand of lengthy sky blue hair back into place.

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 10:40:29 PM »
The kangaroo nodded. "Ok... are you a fighter of some sort?"