The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Friend in need...  (Read 318 times)

Offline RainbowDashly

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Orange, White
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Looking for some good friends
Friend in need...
« on: July 15, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
Well, where to start...

One of my near and dear friends needs some help.  He has looked, and looked, and looked for friends but has almost never succeeded.  He had a rough childhood, and he was /never/ treated quite right, and because of it, he is scared to death of people, and has some horrible trust issues.  He lives in France, and the whole 21 years he has been there, he has had no luck.  He is wanting to move to Pennsylvania here in the next few months in hopes of finding new friends.  The problem is, is that he doesn't have a whole lot of money, and is relying on having a roommate RIGHT when he moves there.  I keep trying to tell him that isn't the best idea to rely on someone so heavily you hardly even know them, but he still insists on doing it.  I asked him what would he do if he couldn't find a roommate, and he said "Well, I don't think I will want to live on this Earth anymore.. ._."

Since then, I have had him sign up for a Pennsylvania Furries site in hopes of helping him with his social issues.  Possibly getting a few friends before he even moves there.  He just can't seem to build up the courage to talk to anyone there, despite how nice people are being to him.

We had a little dispute today, and I said some things I shouldn't of said.  I had basically snapped, and gave up.  Saying that "nothing I have said, will say, or ever will say can help you.  I have tried /everything/.  I just give up..  I've lost all hope.."  I have since then regained that hope, and I still wish to help him.  Me saying that though convinced him that he can't make friends, under any circumstances, and believe me, I regret what I said.. I feel horrible now..

Basically what I am asking...

If you can give me any advice to help him, it would be most appreciated.  Perhaps even try to make friends with him as well?  I want him to have hope again.  I don't want to lose him...  I love him to death...  I want him to realize that there IS actually nice people out in the world, and not everyone is out to get him, despite what has happened to him in the past.  I can tell him all day that there there is actually nice people out there, but he still finds things hard to believe, no matter what I say to him.  I want to give him proof...

If you have any questions about him, his past, etc--please don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:29:37 PM by RainbowDashly »
Send me a message! :D

I'm very easy going and I attach to people very quickly.  I also love making new friends.  /)^3^(\

Offline Growlithe

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Blarg
    • Awards
  • Species: Meerkitty
  • Currently: Ready to see the world
Re: Friend in need...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
Doesn't sound like something a few simple words can fix; have him see a therapist if you want to effectiveley increase the quality of his life.
  • Signature art by: unknown
Feel free to PM me, I check here 1-2 times a day and love getting PMs