The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pokesona advice  (Read 272 times)

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Pokesona advice
« on: March 31, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »
So I'm making myself a Pokesona to be used in pokemon situations right? Well I'd like to make it of Ariados cause its my favorite but I wanna alter it a bit to make it more... I don't know, useful maybe, add hands or change the body structure a bit or something.

I wanna keep the mandibles and two back appendages, but I was thinking trying to make it stand upright and more human like with actual arms and legs, but im not sure about that. Any ideas on what you guys would think is cool? Is hands a bad idea?

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Pokesona advice
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »
As it's a bug, you might want to take a look on FA for other bug personas and draw inspiration from that? They may be rather humanlike, but most of them have arms and such, and it works.

OR you could commission Fydbac for $12 and have them draw a sketch for you. XD Fydbac is awesome.

By Vera
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:19:35 PM by Puncia »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Pokesona advice
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »
I agree with looking at Vera's work, and I think WhiteMantis also has some nice bug designs.

Like here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7568375/

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.