The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Injuries you or someone you know has had?  (Read 9647 times)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Injuries you or someone you know has had?
« on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »
This can be an interesting topic to discuss! What are some of the worst, most interesting or totally random injuries you or someone you know has had :P

I Once dived into a river (stupidly) without a shirt and hit a spiky log which cut my torso quite badly :P

My brother has also broke his hand by crashing into a rock on one of our quad-bikes at about 30 km/h

And... my cousins friend was being too reckless on a motorbike and manages to crash and dislocate his finger. Ordinarily this wouldn't be that interesting BUUUUUUUT I went over to him, and he grabbed his finger (bending in the wrong direction) and literally pulled it back into place until there was a massive SNAP and his finger was fixed! I was like HOLY CRAP! XD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Starfighter Suicune

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Rawr!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Random Photo Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black&White
  • Height: Antroh: 1,56m - Feral: ~1,90m
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Injuries you or someone you know has had?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:20:52 PM »
Once I hit the table with my face and had a small bruise under my right eye

I played tag with my friends, slipped on the wet grass when i mad a curve and broke my right arm. My mother came in the same minute to pick me and my brother up so we could drive the first time to the soccer-stadium...
I didn't notice it first, because it didn't hurt. No one believed it.. oO I just couldn't move my arm, my fingers and it was slightly deformed. My mother said it gave a cracking sound
So we drove to the hospital first, where I had to stay for a night. I was 11 at that time.
I never saw a soccer game in a stadium yet xD

When I was 17 (if I remeber right), our school grade trained for the sport event outside. Our group trained on the cinder pitch sprinting. So.. my weight didn't allowed me to run as fast as i wanted to, so I hit the ground <_<
The cinder is really sharp, so I looked like that: left shin full of scretches, both knees had a wound and my hands had a few scratches.
You can still see where the wound at the right knee was, it can change between red and pale colors. And there are still 2 dark scratches at my left knee. Maybe there it still dirt in it, don't know.
My teachers refused to desinfect my wounds because I wasn't 18. They said they weren't allowed to... Had to stay for the last 2 lessons and had a math test on the next day, where i came to late because I couldn't walk. The night before was horrible, couldn't sleep because of pain -.-

A piece of glass gave a deeper cut during my apprenticeship. And  i got some other small cuts, but that's normal if you work with sharp glass xD

Offline Leiton

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
Well, guess I might as well post this since this topic was my fault xD

Last night, actually, I was playing ultimate frisbee with a bunch of friends. Around the lawn where we play, there is a squarely-porportionedl brick pathway the denotes the endzones and half-field. Around the entire thing, there are these black chain link fences. They have only one big, black chain, around waist height, and are only there for decoration, but the chain in real enough. Also, there are two depressions in the ground where the manholes are for the sewers. One placed in the northeastern corner, and one in the southwestern corner.
During the game, I got injured and had to sit out a few seconds a couple of times. First, I tripped over someone and landed left knee first on the brick. Bruised my knee, and it kind of hurt to walk on it. Then, later, I was chasing the frisbee down for another point-winning catch when I ran across the manhole. It tripped me up, since they are sudden, 6-inch depressions, and again, I tripped onto the brick and smashed my knee again. I continue playing, though my knee is hurting, so I try to stay back for the hail-mary throws. Well, my teammates like me, and they threw it too me again. They just chunked it, expecting me to catch it xD Well, it thought I could, so I ran as fast as I could back, since it had sailed over my head. I had almost reached it when I looked where i was going. I yelled out a curse and ran full speed into that dang chain link. It bent me over double and then threw me back from the momentum. It was Right at my waist, too. I had to sit down for a bit, since that one really hurt.
We play for a few more points before heading back inside. I go directly to the bathroom, since i hadn't even looked at my knee to see how bad it was. My entire kneecap is bruised purple. Then I checked my waist. The chain actually tore skin because I hit it so hard. I now have a big, blotchy, and partially bloody bruise of a line across my waist. And I might add...
It went pretty low  D:

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:53:30 PM »
Injuries I've had? Well, my most traumatic to date was stepping on my knife. Just sharpened it, dog knocked it to the floor (which I didn't notice as I was in the other room) walked in barefoot and suddenly I had two halves of my foot (right through the arch). Blood EVERYWHERE. You'd have thought it was a headwound xD
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
My worst has been when I was attacked by a greyhound. The dog took a decent-sized chunk out of my side.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Build: lean
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:32 PM »
^ nasty. My cousin has marks/scars on his face from when he was bitten by a dog when he was about 6.
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:19:26 AM »
Probably my motorcycle accident....Hit some gravel going into a corner and my rear end lost grip and I went down...this was also at about 80Kmph....and I slid for a good 30-60ft on my butt...my riding jacket and leather gloves took most the force. Surprisingly I never hit my head against the pavement. I got up and walked away from it...though my bike was sorta fooked  afterwards....bent handlebars, busted front fender, dented gas tank, bent gear shifter....and it wouldn't start after.

yet, I've never had such a serious crash on my mountain bike.....and I've been mountain biking for 7+ years (AM/XC style)

I've never really had any bad crashes on a mountain bike that damaged my bike....other then a flat tire....which I had landed a jump flat on both wheels...

Offline Luke White-Heart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • !DREIW EB
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Vampyric Wolf-lion
  • Coloring: Pure white with blue streaks on the chest and back.
  • Height: 6'10"
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Thin, but strong.
  • Currently: Meh.....been better. But in love. ^^
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 12:57:38 AM »
Never had a serious injury, but my little brother passed out in the shower once! had to get six staples! X3
  • Avatar by: Ventus Fall (THANK YOUS!!! :3 )
"Normal" is a word for something that doesn't exisit. It was created by those who don't challenge the status quo, and don't aspire to greatness.
Happiness is the way the Universe rewards those who face the hardships in their lives head on, with determination in their hearts.
Love is what binds us all together, what keeps us sane, makes us insane, holds the world and Universe together.
In my mind, it doesn't matter where you are going, where you've been, where you are, nor even the journey you're on. What matters is that you keep moving, no matter where you're going, where you've been, and where you are. Just keep moving.
I am White-Heart, white because it is every colour put into one, my heart is of all colours!

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 02:45:25 AM »
I cannot remember any specific injuries, but I do have scars littering my body from various things...

umm...I think the worst accident I had was when I fell out of a tree a good few years ago..I smashed my head and had to have stitches...

I have never broken a bone, despite being incredibly clumsy and ditzy...

which I consider some small miracle..

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Rasui

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Most Online
  • I can not thinks of anything to fit in here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Angelic/Demon Wolf/Dragon
  • Coloring: light Brown, with bit of golden streaks
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130lb
  • Build: Average build
  • Currently: Happy New Year!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 02:48:31 AM »
i can't remember all the time i got hurt. I do know one my worst is my ankle broken in 3 different places from skate boarding. Man had get pins plats and was in case for most of the summer. Funny thing about it all i never really felt any pain when i broke it and after the surgey.

For Character Description please PM me

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »
I can't talk about my more recent hospital stays, but when I was a child I fell off a chair and bit my tounge in half, almost bit it off, it was hanging, fought the doc the whole time he tried to sew it back on. Gross, weird I don't remember.

I've never broken a bone or sprained anything : /

Had my tonsils out because I used to get flu a lot.
x

Offline legolyle

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Always right? You're doing something wrong!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark grey-blue, with a nice grey streak
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Currently: Aliens!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 04:17:59 PM »
man, you guys pretty much all have me beaten xD

the *worst* thing that's happened to me (not to say I haven't done some stupid stuff, just lucky I guess):

while rockclimbing in a large YMCA about 2 years ago, I was about 6 feet up on the wall-jumped off onto the padded surface, but...my right foot fell into a depression that went straight through to the floor. The landing, combined with the difference in height of my two feet...I heard a pop, and well..pretty much pain after that...found out later I had either ripped or severely stretched my tendons in the foot. I couldnt walk properly for about 4 weeks. (had an ankle brace-I used a cane for about a week xD)
Not too bad. Now at least I have a semi crazy story to tell :P

I'll tell you what though, there was one thing I hated more than that^^, and it was the frikkin therapy afterwards. I stopped going after the second appointment. The injury had me going "ahhhhhhhh" with no tears, but the therapy...that had me tearing up xD

I'm ashamed to admit this next one, because I did it...but...my brother and I were playing in a pool (one of those quick-up, fill with the hose ones) when I was about 8, and I had bat...and a football...I tried to whack the football with the bat, I dont remember how exactly it happened, but I ended up whacking my brother in the face with the bat.....god I still remember that day...bad day....he was fine though. Nothing resulted from it other than some stitches underneath his eye. and him being a total dunce ;)  seriously though...I still get nightmares about that one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:20:09 PM by legolyle »
"if your philosophy is not unsettled daily then you are blind to all the universe has to offer"
- Neil Tyson

"When I told my father I wanted to be a physicist, he said, ‘Hell no, you ain’t going to work in a drug store.’ I said no, not a pharmacist. I said, ‘Like Einstein.’ He poked me in the chest with a piece of plumbing pipe. ‘You ain’t going to be no engineer,’ he said. ‘You’re going to be Einstein.’"
-Leonard Susskind
:'D those sorts of things make me smile.

~negotiator~

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Poster
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 09:09:37 AM »
Ouch, aw, we all do stupid things sometimes. I remember me and my brother were fighting and I slipped and hit my head on the side of a coffee table, hurt like hell haha XD
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Luggz

• aka Radge
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Just your local friendly macro pink fox.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: pink and white with black ears and paws
  • Height: No idea, I've never stood still long enough to be surveyed
  • Weight: Not sure, the truck scales broke before we could get a reading
  • Currently: Macro fagging it up
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 07:10:56 PM »
All you guys have interesting stories behind your injuries but mine are all fairly mundane or I was unconcious and therefore can't remember exactly what happened. :?
"Here for a good time, not a long time" Colin McRae

Offline Rasui

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Most Online
  • I can not thinks of anything to fit in here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Angelic/Demon Wolf/Dragon
  • Coloring: light Brown, with bit of golden streaks
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 130lb
  • Build: Average build
  • Currently: Happy New Year!
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
I have another story there.
One my friends turned drinking age and we held party at his house for him and another friend b-day.
Well I was jumping the fire pit as they tossed gasoline on it well I slipped and fall into the fire pit on top of all the logges and rolled out of the fire pit unharmed. Except the I broke padio brick with my forehead and small cut on my left hand. The cut was so deep that it cut thought the musical and nick the artiy in my hand. Hand to get 5 stitches.
Still was awesome night XD

For Character Description please PM me