The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sweden  (Read 21458 times)

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a positive bastard (sugar)
    • Awards
  • Currently: Imma murr!
Re: Sweden
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
(Post content removed.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:27:36 PM by Sytex, Reason: Please make certain the majority of posts are written in English, and please keep posts to a two word minimum. »
I do not bite unless you want to! So send a PM if there's anything you want to say :3

Backscratch

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »
Just saying, yes there is the rule, but I think being a topic for mainly/only Swedes, use of our native language could be a little more allowed? Just a thought.. and you would know which language were speaking, so translation shouldn't be that hard should one wish to verify we're not speaking of bad things.

Like, because of the nature or this board, perhaps the rule could be a bit more relaxed. Of course the exception would only apply for use of the language associated with the country the topic is meant for. In this case Swedish.

Because in all honestly it kinda makes sense and overall I feel would be a little nicer for everyone.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:33:24 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Zeldoran (Former Frozt, FroztFox)

• Eager Elephant
  • Woff. waff, wafflez!
    • Fur Affinity
    • furaffinity.net
    • Awards
  • Species: Squirrel
  • Coloring: White, black and green / Brown, cream, black, green
  • Currently: Hating school ._.
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 09:58:04 PM »
yes, thats exactly what i was thinking as well, and i dint know the translation of what i wrote.  :/

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »
Just saying, yes there is the rule, but I think being a topic for mainly/only Swedes, use of our native language could be a little more allowed? Just a thought.. and you would know which language were speaking, so translation shouldn't be that hard should one wish to verify we're not speaking of bad things.

Like, because of the nature or this board, perhaps the rule could be a bit more relaxed. Of course the exception would only apply for use of the language associated with the country the topic is meant for. In this case Swedish.

Because in all honestly it kinda makes sense and overall I feel would be a little nicer for everyone.

Sorry, but that is not possible as it is right now. Allowing posts on the forum that are in languages other than English would require having moderators that can read a variety of languages other than English. Our staff team has to be able to read posts on the forum in order to do their job. While it might be more convenient to you as an individual, it would make things a heck of a lot more complicated for other people.

If you want to talk to someone in another language, you can always use PMs. If English is not your native language and you aren't sure how to translate something in a post, there are tons of translation tools to be found on the internet if need be. And we don't even have a problem with it if you need to leave a word or two untranslated, as long as most of it is English.

If you want to discuss rule changes, please make a Helpdesk ticket for it instead of replying to a staff member's moderation.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 08:49:20 AM »
I would like to move to Sweden one day or at lest visit.

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 03:21:33 PM »
How neat  :)  Where do you live now?
I do not bite unless you want to! So send a PM if there's anything you want to say :3

Backscratch

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 06:04:30 PM »
Cool :3

[...] would require having moderators that can read a variety of languages other than English.
Or you could just use one of those translation tools that you mentioned. And if there is issues, you can just ask one or more of the members that have knowledge in whatever language to verify what it means.. I only mean it for a discussion in your native language strictly in these topics. I.e. not anywhere else in the forum.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »
But if every topic in here was written in its native language it would be much work for a couple of moderators to translate every post to see if any rules have been broken. And it really isn't that hard to keep it in english. It's choosing between making it just a little difficult for many or very difficult for few moderators.

Backscratch

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »
No, I'm speaking strictly this topic (and the others in this board).
Like, we are allowed to speak Swedish here but the rule still applies everywhere else. And I'm not saying necessary all words.. Then there are tools that can translate full pages at a time..
Proud to be a furry!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 11:28:26 PM »
The difference is, when I was referring to using the translating tools, I was referring to a single person using it for the purposes of translating one or two posts. To have two or more people holding a conversation, posting back and forth throughout a day, could easily lead to several pages of text that multiple moderators would each have to translate. And while pages of text CAN be translated all at once, pages of posts are NOT made all at once, and posts at the top of a page should not have to wait to be moderated until a page is full of posts. Thus, we would end up translating partial pages at a time, regardless of the ability of the translation tools.

Not only that, but translation tools don't always work, and although it may be fine for regular posting, I wouldn't want a translator's reliability determining whether or not you get in trouble in the event of a questionable situation, would you? The translator would also require that everyone be able to write and spell correctly in their chosen language, which is something that does not always happen. Colloquial language and cultural differences cannot be covered by a translator, and it is not fair to the staff to make them hunt down someone who speaks the language if they have a question.

And while it's easy enough to identify that you're speaking Swedish in the Sweden board, if we let you speak Swedish, we'd have to let everyone else speak their own languages in their own country boards because it's only fair. Then the moderators - who would be left using the translator tools - are also left guessing at what language people are speaking because it's not always so obvious.

Like I said before... It may sound convenient for you, but it makes things a heck of a lot more complicated for others. It doesn't matter if it's just in one thread or twenty or two hundred. I'm not an idiot, nor am I unsympathetic to what you're saying. I have fully thought this through, and this is not a matter I would be willing to change my mind about unless it would not further complicate our staff's duties.

Please get back on topic.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Rave

• Vibrating Furby
  • The queen of theif
    • My Homestuck Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon, Linx and wolf Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black, Purple Hair and dimonds on back and tip on tail, Then just colors all around her body, See pic
  • Height: 165cm
  • Weight: 46kg
  • Build: She is kinda thin and slender
  • Currently: Uber Happie :DD Looking for a new pic
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 05:42:04 PM »
Yes~~! I´m a furry from sweden :33 gosh i´m so happy i´m not the only furry here~!
[[working on it~~]]

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
 Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah  X3  Welcome! Welcome! Here, take a cup of hot cocoa and get cozy. No, you aren't getting cozy enough, here take this extra pillow too! And this blanket, and these marshmallows and, oh, here's another pillow. I hope you can breathe under the pile of pillows! I really do, last time it didn't go so well..

*calms down*

Hi :3

Backscratch

Offline Rave

• Vibrating Furby
  • The queen of theif
    • My Homestuck Tumblr
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black, Purple Hair and dimonds on back and tip on tail, Then just colors all around her body, See pic
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 06:33:01 PM »
Oh.. Ohgod @.@  *Takes everything and almost drown in pillows* i´m fine~
Hellos :DD Gosh, i´m still so happy too see other furrys in sweden
[[working on it~~]]

Offline Byracka

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 06:39:42 PM »
Oh we are here and there, there and here. Around those corners and behind that door. Up in that tree and probably walking by on the street last week.

I'm happy that you are happy for finding this out, if that makes sense  :)

Backscratch

Offline Rave

• Vibrating Furby
  • The queen of theif
    • My Homestuck Tumblr
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »
Hohoho, Sure it does :P  so... I dunno what to say  :|
[[working on it~~]]