The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Getting Ready to Start Therapy Tomorrow  (Read 282 times)

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
Getting Ready to Start Therapy Tomorrow
« on: January 18, 2012, 09:42:24 PM »
So yeah, my mom and I have decided I should give therapy a shot in an attempt to try to fix my lonely, depressing life that I've been living for too long now.

Locked up in my room in front of a computer 24/7 besides when I have work (which is crappy, mind you), practically no friends IRL anymore that I wish to speak with for reasons I don't know, and having all my friends online on Second Life or elsewhere in the furdom.

Basically I just live in my little digital fantasy world and it hurts me because I can't live my life like that forever, and it deprives me of all the wonderful things I may be missing IRL. I have poor social skills and am non-independent, so getting out in the real world is going to be very difficult for me. I want to have mostly furry relations IRL, like going to meets (never been to any before) and having fur friends IRL (only have one) and whatnot, but I know that furry is only an interest/hobby just like video gaming or photography, so I shouldn't let it totally take over my life to where I want everything to have to do with it.

Hopefully this therapy thing called "Life Counseling Services", which is a world-wide company, will help me a little bit. But knowing how stubborn I am with change, it is going to be near impossible. My mom has told me I'm the only one in the family that has never gone to therapy before. Herself, my step-dad, step-sister, step-brother, grandmom and aunt have all gone.

Tomorrow is my intake, then they will set up times for me to come for sessions. So does anyone have anything to contribute? Any heads-ups?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:02:20 PM by Cchytale Murilega »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Re: Getting Ready to Start Therapy Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »
I've been to both depression and anger management therapy and been in your shoes (although addmitedly I didn't spend much time online, either). I understand that today is your introduction. Now I'm unsure if this is a group meeting or personal therapy (pr both?) but it can definitally help you break out of your shell. You may also want to start a light excersise regime (I know that helped me). And change isnt so bad, and you seem to realise that even... Anyway, good luck to you.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:12:59 PM »
I've been to both depression and anger management therapy and been in your shoes (although addmitedly I didn't spend much time online, either). I understand that today is your introduction. Now I'm unsure if this is a group meeting or personal therapy (pr both?) but it can definitally help you break out of your shell. You may also want to start a light excersise regime (I know that helped me). And change isnt so bad, and you seem to realise that even... Anyway, good luck to you.

It's just a private thing between me and the therapist. And the excersizes may come into play soon, as well. This is all gonna be really difficult/uncomfortable for me, but the lady said it will be that way, but then once I get over that bump, it'll be a lot better.
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:01 PM »
Well, yeah.It will probablybe uncomfortable for a while. But seriosuly, some cardio/weights goes a long way.
It's good that it's a personal thing. I never liked groups like that o.o

• Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!