The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Gift Not Given - Battle for Control of The Order (Closed)  (Read 6820 times)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Bibliophilic Philosopher
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • How can you expect to win if you don't play?
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Timber Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white.
  • Height: 6' 4''
  • Weight: 180 lbs
  • Build: Lithe and strong
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: No longer a member
A Gift Not Given - Battle for Control of The Order (Closed)
« on: December 27, 2011, 06:34:58 AM »
A Gift Not Given – Battle for Control of The Order

This world is not at peace. For one thousand five hundred thirty seven years, this world has been at constant war. Ever since the first Archmage, this world was controlled by Magic. Through it, one could gain mastery over everything in this world. Through their leadership, great tragedies were averted or prevented, society flourished, and great discoveries were made.

Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of humor or irony. It was because of these discoveries that conflict came about for not all had The Spark, the natural ability to access the energies of the universe, and the ways of Magic were forever locked to them. The common Fur had to turn to technology, a pale substitute, to lift him above the animals that crawled across this earth.

With the development of the crossbow, The Average Fur found himself in a position to throw off the oppressive dominance of The Order. The bolt traveled too fast for the Magics of the age to stop and could pierce the strongest shields of the Archmages. This, of course, led to escalation.

Stronger shields were made, faster spells were researched, and gunpowder was developed. Kinetic barriers were created, wards were made more resilient, and soon a new country was born.

Now the world is split down the middle. On one side of this conflict, a world devoid of Magic, Meliora. On the other side, a world dominated through Eldritch Arts, Tayrn. To make matters worse, the constant border disputes and raids that plague both of these superpowers are escalating. Whispers of war are beginning to accumulate once more. The Baron of Dukenis of Meliora is building an army.

Now the magical legions of Tayrn are forming up against the Steam-Punk-like divisions of Meliora.
How will you tip the balance?

Rules:
1. As usual, no God-modding, power-playing, or other shenanigans of that nature.
2. A posting order will be created once we have a few characters.
3. Try to post within 18 hours of the poster in front of you in the posting order. This just keeps things moving along.
4. Please post a minimum of three lines.
5. Please try to maintain proper grammar and spelling. Just try to make it comprehensible and readable. (Use the Spell Check button
next to the Preview button, next to the Post button!!!)
6. Please wait for your character to be accepted before posting.

Character Application:
Name:
Species: (Anthropomorphic only please. "Fantastical creatures" [ie: dragons, gryphons, etc.] are acceptable, but only with express permission of me)
Physical Description:
Country of origin: Tayra is the Magical country, Meliora is the technology based country.
Background:
Weapons:

*** NOTE on technology in this world
Tayra is not completely technologically void. As the toys of Meliora are popular, many people own a Melioran car, travel on their trains, and have electric lights. The warriors of Tayra (known as Legionnaires) use minor magic (like the conjuration of a fireball or a powerful gust of wind) as well as hand-to-hand weapons of nearly any type. Legionnaires are also adapt at protecting themselves from incoming fire. The trick is that they must be aware of it and have time to prepare. Remember, Magic has no ammo and is always available.

Meliora is devoid of magic, all is based in some form of technology. Expect steam, water, wind, and combustion to be the main forms of energy and ability. The warriors of Meliora (known as Soldiers and / or division names) use rifles, grenade launchers, land mines, and anything that you can convince me would exist. One trouble is that ammo will become an issue.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:23:48 AM by Otebon »
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Suzumibachii

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Reptilian(Iguana/Bearded Dragon)
  • Coloring: Light Green Scales covering her entire body
  • Height: 1.56 Meters
  • Weight: 56Kg's
  • Build: Slim/Athletic
Re: A Gift Not Given - Battle for Control of The Order
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »
Name: Akiara Suzumi D'Arakias
Species: Lizard (see Avatar)
Clothing: A Short black skirt,with a dark leather belt and a grey shirt (once again see avatar for clothing)
Physical Description: Standing only 1.56m tall Akiara is clearly a lot shorter than most of her species, she is lithe and very agile, her tail is nearly as long as she is.Her long lavender hair is kept at shoulder length and is slightly spiked and usually serves to hide one of her hetero-chromatic eyes( Blue and Purple).  She is nearly completely covered in small light green scales, the exceptions being the underside of her tail and her stomach which are in fact covered in white scales, she also has two magical runes tattooed on her palms.
Country of origin: Tayra
Background: Having been born on the border between Tayara and Meloria. Akiara has seen the worst the war has to offer as skirmishes between the Legionnaires and soldiers were a common place occurrence, one of these skirmishes ended up with her city razed and her family killed in the crossfire. She was taken in by one of the Legionnaires and trained with him from a young age, she feels she is ready to join the fight and maybe just maybe end the war for good.
Weapons: Having Trained since a relatively young age Akiara is  skilled in hand to hand combat being able to use her Tail and natural claws quite effectively, her small size, agility and speed  means she makes for an excellent scout, As with all of the legionaries she was gifted with The Spark and has permanently tattooed her two favorite magical runes into her palms, she is quite fond of lightning.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:01:34 PM by Suzumibachii »

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 03:39:07 PM »
Suzumi (if I may call you that as a shorter version of your full screen name), when I saw your post, I couldn't help but laugh.

Like you, I am a bit more comfortable with metrics, so don't worry about that at all (For our Empirical System friends 1.56 meters ~ 5' 2''). I'm going to guess that your given height is your standing height, not total length (as you mention your tail is "as long as she is")?

As it pertains to magic, I wanted people to find their own way to "cast" a spell, so if you like runes please go on ahead.

I love your backstory, and at such a young age.

Character accepted!

--- --- ---

I will post my own character once we have a few people up and running.
  • Signature art by: Puncia and Grisli (using art from Winged Zephyr) respectively

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I never give up... so don't push me. >_<
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Height: 5' 10&quot;
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
  • Currently: Holding out for a hero... but always having to save myself.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 10:28:16 PM »
Name: Matthias
Species: Cat
Clothing: All black with a big black robe and a Rufus Raucous mask that covers his entire face, save his striking blue eyes
Physical Description: Same as mine
Country of origin: Unknown
Background: The Keeper of Hell, Matthias has come to help find a way to stop the madness that has enveloped the nations and, ultimately, punish their leaders.
Weapons: the mouthy sword Dragomir, a returning dagger, his magic powers
Steed: Redtail the demon horse
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html
Don't mess with Grammaton Clerics. THEY WILL END YOU.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 10:51:41 PM »
Cifero, I can't accept your character as is. Sorry.

You have no country of origin and your background labels you as (depending on your religious tendencies) Cerberus.

If you want a "mysterious backstory", like you wanted to have in Bloodhounds, please PM me and we can talk to make your character. Otherwise, please follow the application guidelines.

I like that you gave yourself a horse. But a demonic horse?

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Crat Feline-crow mix. (Just found out.... I HAVE FRACKING WINGS!!) (SO freaked out!!)
  • Coloring: Grey with dark grey stripes, Black hair, light blue scleras and blue corneas,
  • Weight: 89 lbs. and then about 50 more (about 139 lbs.); he's fit, but he's not muscular. Has a bit of an outie.
  • Build: Lithe but wiry; a little soft around the middle, but it's hardly noticeable; he's actually got a rather feminine form.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »
I'm recycling characters... but I'll change it if I have to...

Name: Matthias
Clothing: All black with a big black robe and a Rufus Raucous mask that covers his entire face, save his striking blue eyes
Physical Description: Same as mine
Country of origin: Tayra... until he moved to Hell
Background: Originally a young mage in one of the lower houses of Tayra, Matthias stumbled upon a secret portal that transported him to the realm of the Keepers, where he was put through training to become the new Keeper of Hell. Now a semi-powerful warrior, Matthias has come to help find a way to stop the madness that has enveloped the nations and, ultimately, punish their leaders for forcing the innocents into unnecessary war.
Weapons: the mouthy sword Dragomir, a returning dagger, his magic powers
Steed: Redtail the demon horse

Post Merge: December 28, 2011, 12:13:57 AM
Shite.
Okay, I'll use a different character...
Name: Rick Shawston
Species: Humanized grey and dark-grey-striped feline with wings
Clothing: Silvery mithril-laced sleeveless undershirt, black t-shirt, multi-pocketed blue jeans, dark grey zippered fleece vest, mithril-laced fingerless gloves, utility belt
Weapons: Keyblade sword, the all-powerful unloseable dagger (You know which one), kunii knifes, blade whips
Phiysical description: same as mine
Personality: Why give one? It limits the character. Besides, the personalities that I post are never really true for my actual character, anyway. I'll make it up as I go.
Country of origin: Meliora
Bio: Has lived on his own for a year since his parents were killed by an evil man who now wears an eyepatch due to a slash to the eye that Rick gave him; found a strange manuscript recently that talks of something called "The Everlasting Tower"; is trying to decypher what it means; feels that it's important to ending the war. Is just nother strret urchin in Meliora... but despises the king, since he's the one who KILLED HIS PARENTS; thinks that war is bull, and plans on finding this "Tower" in order to stop it. If he tries, he might become a powerful warrior. Not the most powerful, but powerful.

Post Merge: December 28, 2011, 01:20:13 AM
You know, I'm just gonna take a short break... play some "Golden Sun: Dark Dawn"... get a drink of water... then I'll get back to you about my character.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 01:20:13 AM by Cifero F. Windtail, Reason: Merged DoublePost »
  • Avatar by: I have three or four great ones: one by Sabah and a few by Lovableoutcast/Kishi... and also this one, drawn by Kayato/ Kaya... thanks guys. ^_^
  • Signature art by: I just want to tell you, the reference is a link to my other fursona.  Also: http://www.sanger.dk/
(I love my sister) http://www.zark.com http://www.zark.com/pages2/az66/az66b.html

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
Re: A Gift Not Given - Battle for Control of The Order (OOC - 5 Slots Open)
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 01:28:06 AM »
Cifero and I are currently discussing a character. Please continue to post and I will respond when able.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 02:14:58 AM »
I thought I'd try one of your Roleplays.  It certainly looks interesting.  :)

Character Application:
Name: Rachel "Rauchy" Nithe
Clothing: Jeans, black shirt, high boots, jean (Reinforced) trenchcoat, and military hat.  She uses steam powered wings she can strap on, careful to keep them in good condition at all times.  They were made by her, and therefore are not yet available in large amounts.
Physical Description: She's lithe and small, about five foot, but uses it to her advantage.  Her fur, white with brown and black flecks, is rather long.  Her eyes are brown.
Background: Born unassumingly near the middle of the country, Rauchy is rather unaccustumed to life on the front lines.  She learned everything she knows from her friend and care taker, Dachi Nithe, but is still rather undefined in terms of powers, due to the fact that she doesn't know who her parents were.  At fifteen, she joined the war in an effort to make something of herself.  As of the time, she's yet to see more than a few battles, and doesn't see the differences in coutries.  She is optimistic and enthusiastic.
Weapons: She prefers to fight defensively over offensive, but is very good with hand to hand magic and weapons.  She carries a sabor and air gun, capable of stunning someone or killing them at close range.  It holds compressed air and unleashes that to shoot.  She doesn't use it often.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:33:20 PM by Aldrea945 »
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 02:27:22 AM »
Thank you for your thoughts Aldrea (or should I call you Mulan based on your character's backstory?  XD )

The Cat / Avian mix is okay. I'm assuming that your wings are functional, not just ornamental?

Character Accepted.

(Everyone's characters are so young... :o [size=78%])[/size]

Offline Jinx Leven

• Chatty Cheetah
  • derpity derp
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Peregrine falcon mix
  • Coloring: dark and light gray
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 180 lb
  • Build: average
  • Currently: On vacation in Ocean City
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 04:16:34 AM »
hey guys i thought i would join cause it sounds like fun.
Name: Ezra Bezaleel
Species: Wolffion (eagle wolf mix)
Clothing: black cloak/robes
Physical description: same as mine
Country of Origin: Tayra
Background: Ezra has been an out cast since his parents died when he was three and because of that he was able to spend his life learning magic from various books he "found". when he was ten he was able to cast over 100 different spells without lifting a finger. One day he "found" a copy of the Necronomicon the book of the dead and as soon as he opened it he was burned and scared and was almost killed but luckily a stranger found him and healed him and taught him every thing she knew until one day she vanished only later did he discover that she was killed for associating with him. later a assassin was sent to kill him but failed. He was then forced into the war in hopes he would parish in battle.
Weapons: He has a sword made of a runic metal that has a power Onyx inside the handle which he uses to make the sword shoot fire lightning and other things. 
  • Avatar by: Manncowmoo (forgot to update lol and im not sure if i spelt it right)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 04:45:02 AM »
I like your character, but could I have you modify a few things.

-No necronomicon. I am fine with you finding a powerful book, but not a relic like that. There is little chance that you would come across it.
-your sword cannot be overpowered. Keep it in check.

Accepted.

Offline Jinx Leven

• Chatty Cheetah
  • derpity derp
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Peregrine falcon mix
  • Coloring: dark and light gray
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 180 lb
  • Build: average
  • Currently: On vacation in Ocean City
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 04:48:07 AM »
ok how about he finds a book on summoning monsters and the monster he summons attacks him and i'll just have the Onyx store power. i sorta did go a little over board with my character didn't I
  • Avatar by: Manncowmoo (forgot to update lol and im not sure if i spelt it right)

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 05:50:07 AM »
A bit.

A Summoning manual is alright. What is the Onyx power however? Is it a reference to an RP here or a show?

Offline Cifero Windtail

• Velvety Vole
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 05:54:32 AM »
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, Mom took me to see the new Mission Impossible.

Anyway, I think that I've finally got something solid!

Name: Jayce Longstaff
Species: Cat-crow
Clothing: Is dressed in dark clothing similar to that of Matthew from "Golden Sun: Dark Dawn"
Physical Description: My own physical description
Background: A philosophical urchin in one of Meliora's great cities, Jayce can't understand why the two sides are fighting over something as trivial as whether or not one can use magic, and wishes to make his opinions known. He is unprjudiced, and doesn't really care if someone can use magic or not. In fact, one of his best friends, a younger boy named Raziel, is a magic-user himself.
Weapons: Returning dagger, keyblade, throwing knives, and a laser switchblade. Oh, and his power gloves that allow him to hold onto things even if they get really hot or really cold.

Please tell me that I've come closer to creating an acceptable character...
(Here's a picture of Matthew for a clothing reference.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:34:31 PM by Cifero F. Windtail »

Offline Otebon Albrecht

• Racious Racoon
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 05:57:23 AM »
Well within acceptable limits Cifero. Accepted.