The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I need tips for enjoying the site  (Read 355 times)

Offline Kyaine

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Such a cutie XD
  • Species: Anthro Dragon
  • Coloring: Has black scales and has spikey blond hair falling over my red glowing eyes.
  • Height: 6.3 feet
  • Weight: 89 kg
  • Build: Average,slim
I need tips for enjoying the site
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:40:35 AM »
Can you give me advice on how to enjoy the site cause im bored.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: I need tips for enjoying the site
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »
Well first off I would suggest visiting the Fun RP section of the website, there's lots of things to talk about :D
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 05:52:29 AM »
As White said, Fun RP is a popular place, and usually more quickly-moving than the rest of the forum. The Random Thread and Forum Games are popular as well. The Arcade games are a fun way to pass the time. You could start up one or more threads yourself about anything you're interested in, to try to start up a discussion of your own. Or browse around and reply to threads that are already here. Take a look through the Writing and Literature board if you like to read, or browse the Artwork section if you like to look at drawings. Hop on the IRC chat and see if anyone comes around to talk. Or if you have something in mind that you think would make the forum more enjoyable, write up a suggestion for us.

The forum is what you make it. Get more involved, get to know people, and just relax.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Kyaine

• Boisterous Bear
  • Such a cutie XD
  • Coloring: Has black scales and has spikey blond hair falling over my red glowing eyes.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 07:28:31 AM »
This isnt helping.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 07:34:14 AM »
Every underlined phrase WingedZephyr has in her post is a hyperlink to that particular section. Try exploring them and seeing if there is something you like in them or if you have ideas, go to the last link in her post and suggest one.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 08:43:28 AM »
Kyaine, I understand that you're bored. But the problem is that you're spending all your time on here ranting about how boring it is when you could be having fun and interesting conversations and meeting people. Maybe chatting on a forum isn't your thing. You are welcome to stop using the forums if you wish. Being a broken record won't do you much good. :P
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:46:59 AM by Lita Sableoak »

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
Do you seriously realise how offensive this whole thing is coming across?

I pay a lot of money out of my own pocket to keep this place running, it's very rare that I breakeven with the costs but I continue to do so anyway. I spend a lot of time fixing problems and implementing new features to improve the forums for everyone.

If you find the forums so boring that you have to continually remind everyone despite us being more than aware of how you feel then why are you still here? Without suggestions as what to do which may interest you all you are actually doing is insulting the staff here who keep everything running.

If you find yourself so hard to please (although you seem to enjoy beating yourself in the arcade quite regularly) or feel that you are above such simple entertainment then I highly suggest you find something else to do. Perhaps reading Wikipedia will interest you?

The forum is open to everyone and if a thread or game or the arcade isn't keeping you occupied then feel free to make your own entertainment, we're here to provide an outlet not hold your hand and constantly attempt to stimulate your brain.

So, please, either suggest how we can improve the forums in a way that may interest you or go try somewhere else. Stating your bored in every post isn't going to make you any less so and will continue to alienate those of us who could actually make a difference.

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
I agree with Lita.
You complaining about being bored on here all the time is getting annoying, and I'm probably not the only one who feels the same way. I fail to understand why you would need 'tips' on enjoying the forums unless you really don't know how to navigate a forum, but seeing you've posted your boredom in almost every way possible here I doubt you have troubles. I also fail to see how Zephyr's reply didn't help. As Lita mentioned, maybe forums aren't your way to communicate and socialize online. Of course, we all welcome you here, but I'm sure all the users on this forum would rather you participate in the activity rather than complaining about your boredom. If TFF contributes to your boredom, then stop complaining and do something about it. Posting a thread is unnecessary. Perhaps join another forum or trying out other things on the internet rather than staying here and simply being bored. It helps. So let me repeat myself: If you are bored, stop complaining and DO something about it instead of sitting here writing everywhere about it. If you wish to stay here I'm sure everybody would appreciate you making productive threads that actually socialize with people and have conversation. It makes no sense what-so-ever that you choose to stay here if the place bores you.

Everybody else thinks this forum is great, including me. You don't know how much effort Tweak goes to to keep this place running. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate you coming around and putting it down. The ton of users here that are active don't think this website is boring, which is why they are here. Your ignorance is beyond only just starting to irritate me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:55:55 AM by Kyriin »

Offline Kyaine

• Boisterous Bear
  • Such a cutie XD
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 04:24:32 PM »

Im sorry.. .

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »
Agreed, it just breaks my heart to see the hard work put into these forums be insulted.
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Kyaine

• Boisterous Bear
  • Such a cutie XD
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
Great now im hated again. .

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
Don't be so dramatic. >_> No one hates you. As the others said multiple times before... You're welcome here as long as you like; just use the forum the way everyone else does and if you're unhappy about something, offer a suggestion to fix the problem instead of complaining over and over and doing nothing about it.

Locking this thread. It's getting repetitive.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.