Author Topic: The Coffee House  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bobcat
  • Height: 5 ft. 11 in.
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: MINECRAFT! @_@
Re: The Coffee House
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 12:45:37 AM »
*Zhono's ears perk up as Nevan trails off into silence. He looks at the comet on his cheek that he touched. Suddenly, Zhono gets a feeling that he may have seen something like that before... but where? Maybe he saw that in another realm?* No. The closest thing I can think of was the marks on the citizens of Equestria. But those had no real special properties, as they were mostly a symbol of caste and profession due to thier activities and talents as a child... *Maybe he found them in a tome somewhere?* Hmm... Can't say I remember anything. Of course, I've read so many books that I can't hope to remember everything, even with magic...

*Zhono then pieces that together with the statements "Not that I'd really want to do that." and "Besides, it wouldn't last* that he just barely caught in his mumbling off. Don't want to do what? What wouldn't last?* Grr... why can't I remember?

*After about a minute of awkward silence between him and Nevan, He cocks his head to one side* Err... is something wrong, friend?

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 05:50:28 AM »
*Gelidus chuckles a little bit at the idea of technological disaster* "hehe, I suppose thats true. I guess I can just think of my self as one step ahead of the rest of the world." *He begins to think about the world without technology and all of the unnecessary thing taken out of this planet for a little bit.* "It truely would be a better world..." *Then suddenly an idea pops into his head* "I never thought about it before but maybe I could train people about how to survive in the wild like I do. I'd hate to stop being mobile and roaming the world, but hopefully that would let me do some good and still enjoy what I do..."

"Well, see? Not all is lost! You have a way of supporting yourself, and a way of helping others! But seriously. If you ever need help..."

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Silvery Grey, Burnt Orange, Mottled Black, Dirty Cream
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 123lbs.
  • Build: short and scrawny
  • Currently: Coding Drawing Browsing Working Sleeping
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2011, 05:57:56 AM »
Nevan was lost in thought for a moment.  He blinks.  Oh right, I'm in the middle of a conversation!

"Huh?  Oh, sorry.  It's just..."  He pauses undecidedly for a moment.  "Well, I've got a way I could probably help you, but I don't like it.  There's two ways to do it, one's longer term, but not very nice to me...the other is temporary, and it's nicer, but I still don't like it.  But if you really need help..."

He sighs.  "It's just that I never know what h...what's going to happen."

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2011, 06:02:58 AM »
"If you ask me one more time if I need help man..."he chuckled as it said it, making sure his point got across but didn't seem to forceful.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2011, 06:17:59 AM »
"I know, I know. So, how exactly WAS the world?"

Offline Gelidus

• Kuddly Kitten
  • I'll freeze your soul
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Falcon
  • Coloring: blue, tan, brown, and white
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: 190 lb
  • Build: Althetically slender
  • Currently: PONIES!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 06:35:28 AM »
"I can't describe it. It's unfathomably amazing. So many cultures. So many ways of thinking. So many tradition. You would be surprised the things they do in other countries. This country is pretty interesting in its own right too. I love learning about different peoples lives...its just so awesome what other people go through and what they experience.
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling of security, a feeling of happiness, a feeling of lust, a feeling of belonging.
A feeling we need.
We may think we can live life without it, but a life without it would be boring, meaningless, and depressing.
Love controls us. Without love, we are nothing. With it, nothing else in the world matters
Love is only a feeling.
A feeling that makes life worth living or dying

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
*Zhono looks suprised at Nevan, He does have some unique powers! But...* ...it would harm him? Then I shall immediately rule it out. I wouldn't dream of harming him! Not only is it against the Mage's Oath, it would just be plain wrong. Why would I want to harm someone as cute as him? Still, I'm curious about what he is talking about... So, it would harm you, eh? Then I won't even ask you to do so. It's not exactly important anyway. I just thought you had some tips...  *conjures up a cup of darjeeling tea and takes a sip* However, you have piqued my curiosity... Maybe you can still tell me what the procedure is and what makes it so harmful? *Zhono cocks his head to one side* I mean, if it's any of my business, that is.

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 09:13:48 PM »
Nevan blinks.

"Harmful?  N-no, it's not harmful.  It's just, well-"  He scratches his head, and takes a breath.

"I guess I'm like a reincarnation of this mischievous fox from before, who was punished for trying to be too powerful and messing himself up in the process?  Except I didn't know it, and was raised like normal, and only ever had the one little shifting ability..."

"But the mage who gave me the amethyst also gave me some old clothes and a ball, which apparently belonged to this fox.  I started having dreams, and then he was like a voice in the back of my head (I know, it sounds kinda crazy), and then somebody did some sort of cloning spell on me and when there was two of me one became him.  It didn't last, because neither of us was whole without the other.  But he can take over and make me look more like him, or he can seperate from me for a short period of time.  But I don't like him.  He's always got ulterior motives."

He sighs again.

"Anyway, he knows way more magic than me.  And I guess one of the first big things he did was dimension travel."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 01:39:16 AM »
*Zhono crosses his arms and looks down in thought* Humph... well thats to be expected. Cloning magic cannot usually occour without an extreme burst of emotion, and even then it's hardly ever intentional... At least, that's what I've read in Prof. Artyl's accounts... *Zhono regains eye contect before softly smiling at the obviously worried fox*  Hey, don't worry. Nothing sounds crazy to me anymore. But... how would something like that (In theory of course. He sounds like he could endanger you.) be of any help to me? It just sounds like you just have an annoying extra soul in your body to me...

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »
Nevan hms.  "I guess you could call it that..."

He shifts uncomfortably.  "But, I just don't agree with his morals, and he tends not to want to let go once he gets control.  We made a deal last time that has seemed to help..."

"Anyway, the only times he's ever been really harmful that I know about were in his own defense, and by accident.  He likes to show off, and do things for people...usually to get something for himself."

He lightly raps his claws on the table, thinking.

"He also likes to take chances, and not tell you his plans until it's too late to voice complaints.  He gets into a kind of whirlwind that's hard to keep up with."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 11:20:40 PM »
*Zhono looks worriedly at Nevan* A deal? This doesn't sound good at all... Uhm... a deal? What kind of deal? Nothing too extravigant I hope... it sounds like one shouldn't deal with such a spirit...

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 05:49:16 AM »
Nevan blinks, thinks, then shakes his head.

"Nono, not like that.  I...well, he's always using tricks to get his way, I got fed up and tried doing the same back to him for once.  It seems to have worked.  I didn't offer him anything, just...I had something to hold over his head.  I guess."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
*Zhono begins to notice that Nevan seems to be getting uncomfortable with the subject, so he tries to switch to something a little bit less... demon related* So... what realm are you native to exactly? Might I have heard of it?

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011, 10:07:27 PM »
Nevan remembers his coffee and takes another drink, then adusts his position.

"I dunno if you've heard of it...I don't know what to call the realm, but the land is called Unity.  I lived on an island called Mar Salis, but I was travelling.  There's a guild of Mages there, but I don't know if they often chose to travel, er, I guess, the way I do."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 11:57:24 PM »
*Zhono's ears perk up again. He's heard of it in his studies, but he wasn't sure of the name either* Unity? I remember it being mentioned in the list of mages circles... But there wasn't much mentioned about. No specialties... no mention of an Archmage... not even a name for the realm... truely mysterious...

*Zhono adjusts himself in his seat as well, hindquarters falling to sleep, and take a sip of his tea before continuing* I don't know where I was born myself... All I know is that I was abandoned by my parents for my magic powers... *Zhono chuckles* Heh, for all I know, I could have been born in this realm, or worse... *Zhono shudders as if the teperature of the air just dropped to 40 below* Da-nee...

I did live in a realitivily small realm known as "Xol" for most of my childhood and apprenticeship... "the magic capital of the multiverse" they call it, and with good reason; it's the center of operations for the mages as an organization. Grand Sage Keria resides there, or the ultimate leader of all the mages across all realms. Because of this, we don't have Archmage. *Zhono rubs his chin in thought* Hmmm... come to think of it... I've never seen her in the flesh myself... I guess she has way to much work to do *Zhono shrugs*

I also have a home in Equestria, but I rarely use it lest I really need a break from my travels or I'm trying to work on my skills with the healing arts... *Zhono reveals a bandage on his shoulder to Nevan* ...or if I need healing that I can't perform myself... blasted Da-nee-tians...